What did Scutter01 make for dinner tonight?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    And where is the recipe for this said buffalo chicken? Here's mine...

All done in a slow cooker.. :)
    Ingredients
    • 3 lb. bag of frozen chicken breasts
    • 1 bottle Frank's Wings Buffalo Sauce
    • 1 packet Ranch Dip Mix
    • 2 TBSP butter
    Directions
    1. Put frozen chicken, wing sauce, and ranch dip mix into crock pot.
    2. Cook on low at least 6 to 7 hours
    3. Using two forks, shred chicken & return to crock pot.
    4. Add butter.
    5. Cook on low for an additional hour.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Tonight in the HH household, it's going to be ground deer burgers. Probably bacon cheese bambi burgers. I have pics of the last round of bacon bambi burgers we made. I might post them up.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I made these for dessert today. Forgot to take a picture. Again. :rolleyes:

Scutter01's Slightly Messy Apple Nachos

GGO2wHb.jpg

Prep time: About 15 minutes

Ingredients:
    2-4 apples
    Pecans
    Slivered almonds
    Milk chocolate chips
    2-3 handfuls of caramel dessert topping

Directions:
    Clean and quarter the apples, then slice thinly. Try to go no thicker than about 1/8", but don't go TOO thin. Arrange apple slices on plate as per spec (see attached Diagram 1-17). Drizzle caramel syrup. Sprinkle almonds, pecans, and chocolate chips, attempting to hit the caramel-y spots so they stick. Add a second layer of apples slices and repeat the topping regimen as described above. If you are feeling particularly daring, you can even add a THIRD layer! I know it sounds crazy, but it'll work. Serves however many can get their hands on them before your kids do.

Last edited:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I know. We were all hovering over the plate with it half-eaten before I remember I needed to take pics.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    So when does Scutter's INGO Diner open?

I'm going to serve an egg salad sandwich. It will be the only delivery I will offer and I will call it the Egg McMahon. It will cost $1,000,000 and I will deliver it accompanied by some balloons and a camera crew.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    This thread became awkward when scutters told us he doesn't cook with bacon

Who said I don't cook with bacon? Because it sure wasn't me. I've said many times, however, that bacon doesn't need anything to dress it up. It's a whole dish on its own.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Hey Scutter...is there ANYTHING you can do about buckingham's avatar? That's more disgusting than pretty much anything printcraft has put up--pretty much.

Actually, he might have saved me from another heart attack though. I was all up for a big ole bacon sammich till I saw that bloody avatar again. :puke:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Bacon upgrades other foods far more than the other foods can dilute the awesomosity of the bacon.

I will, however, acknowledge that the actual need for other foods is questionable.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Do you like Twinkies? Of course you do. Who doesn't? What about pie? What if...right?...what if you put the two together? Why, you'd have

Scutter01's Hillbilly Twinkie Pie

j95Hm.jpg

(Shown without sprinkles :( )
    Prep time: about 30 minutes

Ingredients:
    1 Box of Twinkies
    (Note: now that Twinkies are gone, this recipe won't be the same, but you can still buy off-brand Twinkie-like cakes. Walmart makes some that aren't too horrible, under their Great Value brand. They're not anywhere near as good, but what option is there? :( )
    2 Boxes of instant vanilla pudding (3.5 oz size)
    3 1/2 Cups milk
    1 Can crushed pineapple, drained
    2-3 Bananas, sliced
    Cool Whip (don't cheap out and get canned whipped cream. C'mon, now.)
    Maraschino cherries
    Sprinkles

Directions:
    Put the pudding mix in a large bowl along with the milk and whisk for two minutes. Refrigerate until it sets up (about 30 minutes). We're looking for the pie-filling directions on the box, not the pudding directions, so it'll be a little less firm than pudding.

Start draining the pineapple so that it'll be thoroughly drained by the time the pudding is set.

Unwrap the Twinkies and slice them in half lengthwise on the vertical (so you have a left and right, not a top and bottom). Arrange the halves, filling-side up, in a 9x13 pan. The pan should comfortably fit nine of the ten Twinkies. You can either slice the tenth down a bit to fill in the gaps or you can just eat it when no one is looking. I promise not to tell.

Once the pudding is set, spread it over the Twinkies with a spatula. Top with the drained pineapple and then the sliced bananas. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for several hours to finish setting the pudding. Serve cold topped with Cool Whip, cherries, and sprinkles. Can also add toasted coconut or powdered toasted coconut topping. Garnishing the plate with two or three 'Nilla Wafers also goes over well.

I will most assuredly have pictures this time. I just finished making this, though, so it's not ready to serve yet. I'll take pics later.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom