• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    And why are you counting calories? I must take in 4000-5000 calories a day. You guys put so much faith into diets planned by business people. I don't need anyone to tell me that a Burger has more fat then an apple. When people ask what I eat (actually drink) they say "Where do you get our protein?". LOL I DON'T!!!

I'll give you half a prop for realizing you needed to change, but do it the right way, get off the god damn fad diet and just eat healthy. Use the extra money to buy your ole lady something nice.

I'll ignore that you prolly didn't look at the pictures, but I can tell you this is no fad diet, and it works.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    sadclownwp- OutFingStanding. It doesn't matter how just that you do. Whatever works for YOU!
    Newbomb- Good on you also. Again, just because you don't like the way he's doing it doesn't mean it won't work as well as yours is working for you.
    For myself I had the opposite problem. I needed to add smart weight and build strength. I'm almost 53 but I go to the gym 6 days a week( after a 12 hour shift daily), take protein supp. as it's tough to eat properly here, and quit smoking after a large number of years. I feel better than I have since I retired from .mil in '03.
    Keep going guys. Complacency kills:twocents:

Bob

Newbomb92

Expert
    Rating - 88.5%
    23   3   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Well this subforum is about surviving when SHTF. What will you do when there are no protein supplements or nutrisystems? Get to eating what the earth provides now, that may be all that's left.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Well this subforum is about surviving when SHTF. What will you do when there are no protein supplements or nutrisystems? Get to eating what the earth provides now, that may be all that's left.

As a former SERE instr. that won't be a problem I assure you;)
    My thing is that you do what you can NOW so that when SHTF you have a head start since you'll be in good health. Kinda like not doing without electricity NOW since it won't be available AFTER don't you think? Not trying to start anything. I think we are all on the same page we just are going about it differently. :twocents:

Bob

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    In the 70s they started this low fat diet nonsense...now 80% of the people in the 55
    and older crowd are either diabetic or pre-diabetic . Fat doesn't make you fat. Processed
    fats might [heating fats to 400 deg. and blowing hydrogen through it] Too much any thing
    will make you fat. Young people can consume mass quantities if they move around
    enough .

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Its not spandex, its UnderArmor

Sorry bro, I gotta be on the other side on this one, Spandex is a material, Underarmor is a a brand.

Anything that shows your nuggets is TOO TIGHT!

Also what was your trip to kick the coffee habit? I drink it like you did

I just stopped, every time I wanted coffee, I went to the water cooler instead of the coffee machine, they are 3 feet apart.

Why waste your money for someone to prepare your food? I dropped 20lbs just be not eating crap food and making Fruit/Veggie smoothie's and juices. No, not the ones with yogurt or ice cream. I'll probably drop 20lb more before my body levels out. So many uneducated zombies are out there saying "I went on a diet". Uh, your DIET is whatever you eat. Then they do these FAD diets, low carbs, no carbs, protein, bla bla bla.

I agree with not "dieting", I personally just stopped eating out. Others feel like they need a jump start into a healthier lifestyle. Personally I believe nothing will ever change until you want it bad enough to change it the right way.

I enjoy cooking so I make sure to cook myself nutritious foods. However, some people that refuse to learn to cook choose to have someone else cook for them. However they find a way to be more healthy is beneficial to them.

Pretty sure unless there's some sort of nuclear holocost that wipes out all wildlife that I'll be eating deer/squirrel/Rabbit/poultry/fish as my source of protein. For right now, my protein meal replacement bars and whey protein shakes keep me away from the fast food places I might otherwise venture off to for snacks/lunches and they provide me with a high level of nutrition that gets me through workouts and the workday until I can get home and cook myself something for dinner.

mammynunswife

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Great Job!!!! I lost 60 pounds about 4 years ago and have kept it off! My little bit of advice is this....when you reach your goal you need to think about maintaining. Making life style changes and all that good stuff! Each time I went down a size in my clothes I got rid of my "fat clothes"...I gave them to goodwill...now when I feel my clothes getting a little snug, I do a little reality check and get back on the wagon! :)

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Great job sadclown! It's amazing how much better you feel after you drop a significant amount of weight. It's not an easy thing to do so congratulations. As already said, keeping the weight off long term will be your next challenge.

I've been fat twice in my life. Both times it was during and after my wife being pregnent.

Since December, I have lost 52 lbs and feel great. No diet. We eat good food, all organic but I cut down on the volume, cut out the stupid cokes, and started working out again 3 to 4 times a week.

Last night, I pulled out my 34x32 jeans from two and a half years ago and they fit and are a little big in fact.

Ideal weight AND physical fitness are extremely important for SHTF.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Haters wanna hater because they're jealous of your weight loss.

Keep it up!

Indy_Guy_77 can chime in on his epic weight loss.

I lost almost 30 lbs last year when he was losing weight... then I gained all mine back... and more. I have will power and control over every part of my body except my appetite for food.

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Newbomb92,

Sir with all due respect, your advice is total BS. Your math doesn't add up. According to the daily diet you are eating, you are basically starving yourself. You say you take in 4000 to 5000 cals a day. Thats a lot for most Americans. I trust you have a manual labor job because the trampoline thing is only burning 300 cals an HOUR.

Anyway, back to the daily food intake. Mostly water based veggies, almost no protein, or carbs. I added it up, and threw in everything you mentioned into one day and came up with less than 1200 calories a day. A sedentary male with an office job will burn 2000 calories a day.

Wanna try it again slick? Go back and do the math, or fess up and tell us about the beer and pizza, OR tell us how many miles you are putting down under a 50 pound ruck...

Otherwise, you are just starving yourself and that works too.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Haters wanna hater because they're jealous of your weight loss.

Keep it up!

Indy_Guy_77 can chime in on his epic weight loss.

I lost almost 30 lbs last year when he was losing weight... then I gained all mine back... and more. I have will power and control over every part of my body except my appetite for food.

I know what you mean:D I cut out soda, candy bars, and other waste foods. I feel a lot better now that I don't drink coke on a daily basis anymore. While I am not a full on dieter, I do have an active job and drink water all day and keep a fairly close eye on what I eat.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    congrats on your loss:): weight is one of the longest and up and down battles people fight in their lifetime and seem like your the winning side.

I have lost 35 pounds in the last few months just by eating less crap. my problem is I'm disabled and can't really do proper workouts, what I have found works for me are kettlebells. they are proven to burn more calories then walking/running and swimming combined in about half the time, the big plus is they are SUPER low impact and work your entire body. in a 20 minute workout you burn 1200 calories and only half of that time is actual work.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Way to go dude! I dont care how you are doing it but its working. You moving away from possible diabetes a and heart disease to a healthy lifestyle, keep it up. You can always transition away from your system once you are at your target. Great job.

cheap_seats

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    And why are you counting calories? I must take in 4000-5000 calories a day. You guys put so much faith into diets planned by business people. I don't need anyone to tell me that a Burger has more fat then an apple. When people ask what I eat (actually drink) they say "Where do you get our protein?". LOL I DON'T!!!

I'll give you half a prop for realizing you needed to change, but do it the right way, get off the god damn fad diet and just eat healthy. Use the extra money to buy your ole lady something nice.

Also, I'm not flaming you at all, Losing the weight is great, but like you said, you're taking in way less food. You won't be on the nutrisystem forever.

Here's what I do.

Morning: Blend 2 cups of water, 3 handfuls of spinach, 2 bananas, 1 apple, a few strawberries/rasberries, 2 oranges, a couple carrots, some flaxseed and MAYBE cilantro. I'll switch it up with mangos or maybe blueberries, pears, etc. All my produce is Organic.

Lunch: JUICE 3 or 4 carrots, celery, cucumber, kale, and other veggies.

Dinner: Salad with some raw blanched almonds, lemon for the "dressing" and maybe some dried fruit on top. I'll switch it all up with different things, I don't eat the same thing a day.

I drop about 1.5lb a day. I get on a small trampoline and jump up and down doing rebound. I massage my lymph nodes and get the lymph/circulatory system going. The first couple weeks I puppies and unicorns so much WASTE out of my body it was not human-like. A friend of mine did this and dropped about 110lb in 4 months, as well as losing his diabetes, arthritis and other ailments.
    :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

maybe you should try the Special Forces EATADIK workout. You will gain superpowers too!

Last edited by a moderator:

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.

Also, I'm not flaming you at all, Losing the weight is great, but like you said, you're taking in way less food. You won't be on the nutrisystem forever.

Here's what I do.

Morning: Blend 2 cups of water, 3 handfuls of spinach, 2 bananas, 1 apple, a few strawberries/rasberries, 2 oranges, a couple carrots, some flaxseed and MAYBE cilantro. I'll switch it up with mangos or maybe blueberries, pears, etc. All my produce is Organic.

Lunch: JUICE 3 or 4 carrots, celery, cucumber, kale, and other veggies.

Dinner: Salad with some raw blanched almonds, lemon for the "dressing" and maybe some dried fruit on top. I'll switch it all up with different things, I don't eat the same thing a day.

I drop about 1.5lb a day. I get on a small trampoline and jump up and down doing rebound. I massage my lymph nodes and get the lymph/circulatory system going. The first couple weeks I puppies and unicorns so much WASTE out of my body it was not human-like. A friend of mine did this and dropped about 110lb in 4 months, as well as losing his diabetes, arthritis and other ailments.

I have a very difficult time believing you are consuming 4000-5000 calories a day on this diet. I'd have a difficult time believing you are consuming 2000 calories a day with it.

You may not agree with the OPs methods, but there's no reason to disparage his results. For many folks, having some type of system helps with the motivation they need, and as long as he's getting the nutrition his body needs, what does it matter to you how he does it?

Last edited by a moderator:

J man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Defiance, OH area
    I have started the process of eating better. I have tried to cut out the HFCS as much as possible, to the point of making my own BBQ sauce as I can not find any without it. Pop is my issue as working third the MD helps and I do not want to drink diet and put the artificial sweeteners in me. If I get the lay off at the end of the month like I am suppose to it will be easy to cut it out. That will also gibe me more time for walks.

Newbomb92

Expert
    Rating - 88.5%
    23   3   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Newbomb92,

Sir with all due respect, your advice is total BS. Your math doesn't add up. According to the daily diet you are eating, you are basically starving yourself. You say you take in 4000 to 5000 cals a day. Thats a lot for most Americans. I trust you have a manual labor job because the trampoline thing is only burning 300 cals an HOUR.

Anyway, back to the daily food intake. Mostly water based veggies, almost no protein, or carbs. I added it up, and threw in everything you mentioned into one day and came up with less than 1200 calories a day. A sedentary male with an office job will burn 2000 calories a day.

Wanna try it again slick? Go back and do the math, or fess up and tell us about the beer and pizza, OR tell us how many miles you are putting down under a 50 pound ruck...

Otherwise, you are just starving yourself and that works too.

Eating fruits and veggies is BS?? That's my planned meals, I don't count calories keyboard cowboy, I also don't have food delivered. I don't need your validation, I know I'm healthy and pizza and beer?? Haha keep trying slick.

Newbomb92

Expert
    Rating - 88.5%
    23   3   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I have a very difficult time believing you are consuming 4000-5000 calories a day on this diet. I'd have a difficult time believing you are consuming 2000 calories a day with it.

You may not agree with the OPs methods, but there's no reason to disparage his results. For many folks, having some type of system helps with the motivation they need, and as long as he's getting the nutrition his body needs, what does it matter to you how he does it?

I told him the results were good. I don't count calories, I eat when I'm hungry, sometimes I can snack on 6 bananas and 4 apples between meals.

This may blow your mind but if I can survive and have more energy than ever in the food I listed......maybe calorie counting is bs?

Top Bottom