• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Grats my friend. My weight loss has really slowed down since I started to bulk up a bit. I have been thinking about stopping the protein shakes and muscle building workouts and focus on more cardio and walking again. that is what I was doing when I lost the first 90 pounds.

I may go back to the protein shakes, and the muscle building workouts after I get down to 200#s.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    sadclown, you should write a book or something.

No one wants to read a book about weight problems being the individuals fault. Or books on eating less + exercising more = weight loss. People only want to read weight lose books that make it seem like their weight is not their fault.

Spanky46151

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Martinsville
    Kudos my friend, you've accomplished alot! I am a sufferer of "Dunlaps Disease" and wish I could cure it. I've battled my entire life. Managed to shed 80 pounds a few years back, but, apparently, I put those pounds in an interest bearing account. Good luck to you, friend. Your story has inspired and caused me to re-think my "settle" attitude a little.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Well the 100 pound battle is over, but the war is not won yet. I'd like to loose 30 or 40 more before the year is over.

But it is nice going from a 330 pound land monster to this in less than a year.

0829111256.jpg

Absolutely awesome. Congrats.

I have a different problem. I gained back 50 pounds I lost 10 years ago. Problem is that I am now 58 and it does not come off nearly as easy as it did 10 years ago. I am taking a different approach now and will see how it turns out. Before, I was trying to lose weight by counting calories and going to the gym but hit a wall with pain, especially my knees and hips from squats. Now I am eating around 2200 calories a day but running 30 minutes a day (running is the one thing that does not bother my hips and knees, go figure).

I downloaded the Tom Venuto ebook for some guidance and of course most of it I already knew but what convinced me to try a different diet was that book. I track my protein/fat/carbs and calories with myfitnesspal.com and eat 5 to 6 times a day and run in the evening. I plan on going back to the gym for upper body but will probably just keep running and biking for lower since I have had trouble before. I am not going to weight myself but will keep pics for comparison.

On a side note, by doing pullups, 3 sets of 5 about 2 times a week, my shoulders are wider to the point that I cannot wear my XL stuff and XXL is more comfortable in the shoulders. I can see the difference and that surprised me at this age.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    OK, so reading this thread, ordering my new beltman belt, my over exertion doing an Appleseed, and finally seeing pictures of myself at the Appleseed have convinced me that I need to lose at least 40 pounds before 31JAN2012.

I am giving myself a couple of quicker easier to obtain goals and rewards to keep me motivated... the first, after losing 10.8 pounds and keeping it off/losing more for at least one week will get me my Spikes or DPMS LPK, haven't quite decided which one yet.... After the first goal the next will be at least 25 pounds lost and kept off... not sure what the next goal will be, but I'll figure it out.

Sadclown you are an inspiration!!! :yesway::yesway:

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    105 pounds lost now!!!!!:rockwoot:

I have burned a lot of fat and gained a ton of muscle since my last picture.

0923111209.jpg

0923111208.jpg

At this time, I would like to remind everyone to take a good Multivitamin and to make sure you are getting enough Zinc and Magnesium. Seriously guys, do some research on these things. I have been taking a Walgreens A-Z multivitamin for 9 months, and I have not only not gotten sick with all the added vitamins and minerals, but I feel great. :rockwoot:

I could tell you about all the good that Zinc and Magnesium, but it is hard to do without just copy and pasting, so use your googlefu guys.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    All the weight that you are losing, are what I am gaining.

Remember that you can stop that at any time you wish, it just takes hard work, and time. If someone told me December 31st 2010 that in October 2011, I'd be wearing XL shirts again and fit into tight legged 36 waist pants, I would have told them to jump off a cliff, yet here I am.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    120 Pounds Down

Ok I'm at 220 pounds now, and I'm ok with that.

Thanks to everyone for their support. And all it took was a lot of hard work and about a year of my life.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Congratulations, that's absolutely amazing! Not too many people can claim to have accomplished what you have. 120 pounds is a lot of weight.

A lot of folks who lose large amounts of weight put it all back on and then some. DON'T LET IT HAPPEN! You can do it!

Pete

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    I just found this thread. It is inspiring to see you loose the weight. Great job & keep it off!

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    The Grand Total

And the Grand Total is 124.5 Pounds of fat lost

Exactly one year from the start. And it is hard to tell how many pounds of muscle I have gained.

Thank you all for the kind words, and support

sbsg2005

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2011
    Congrats, this is my next goal. Over the next year I am going to try to work off about 80 Lbs. This will put me back under 200 which I have not seen since I was 12 years old.

Top Bottom