• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    So are the local police still going to go door to door with you?

No, that was a one time thing with the police. There is a large portion of the residents over 65 years old in my area. The police being around is a calming thing that they are on it.

I was told by my wife that the family has gone to the press and the Herald Times is working on a story. It appears the police will have a more active role since the press picked up on this story.

The cat is doing better and should live. This event appears to sick message to the cat owners family. I'd post more, but it would really **** you all off, and the law will handle it.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    No, that was a one time thing with the police. There is a large portion of the residents over 65 years old in my area. The police being around is a calming thing that they are on it.

I was told by my wife that the family has gone to the press and the Herald Times is working on a story. It appears the police will have a more active role since the press picked up on this story.

The cat is doing better and should live. This event appears to sick message to the cat owners family. I'd post more, but it would really **** you all off, and the law will handle it.

It's not like we'd be pissed off at you.:twocents:

The cat owner is the same person as the missing dog owner, correct?

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    It's not like we'd be pissed off at you.:twocents:

The cat owner is the same person as the missing dog owner, correct?

We actually are happy you told this story. It makes us more watchful in our surroundings.

BTW if the cat owner needs donations for the cat's vet bills feel free to ask.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    I'm now holding back because I'm too close to this and don't want to give out any more details.......

People like that end up hurting people some time in the future.

I want the person(s) who did this caught and hit with the full force of the law. I had a dog die a few years back when I had a run in with the same family. It was killed from being fed some type of caustic that might have been drano.

I'll also ask if they need any help with the funds.....

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I'm now holding back because I'm too close to this and don't want to give out any more details.......

People like that end up hurting people some time in the future.

I want the person(s) who did this caught and hit with the full force of the law. I had a dog die a few years back when I had a run in with the same family. It was killed from being fed some type of caustic that might have been drano.

I'll also ask if they need any help with the funds.....

You've got to be :poop:ing me.:xmad:

So this has been an ongoing ordeal?

I'm at a loss for words...I better just keep my mouth shut to avoid infraction.

Sorry for your loss longbow.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    You've got to be :poop:ing me.:xmad:

So this has been an ongoing ordeal?

I'm at a loss for words...I better just keep my mouth shut to avoid infraction.

Sorry for your loss longbow.

Back then, it was hard to link them to the issue with my dog LeRoy. Since that happened, and what I know looking back, it all points to that family. As I said earlier, the family has been a drain on resources in our county.

Last edited:

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    I hear Southern Indiana is beautiful this time of year, if you need a presence in the neighborhood I am off for a week or so and would consider it a vacation.. My pit and my XD love going for walks on spring days just give a holler if you want to.

WILSON

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Top, left-hand corne
    I usually don't care much for PETA, as I think they care more about animals than humans. However, they could certainly prove to be useful idiots in this case. If you contact them, they are quite good at making spectacles of themselves. This case needs as much publicity as possible, in order to shine the light on the situation and ensure a proper and aggressive investigation by the authorities. Just a thought......

I really hate PETA, but the more I think about it, the more I like Gunsmoke's suggestion.
    They live for this kind of stuff; I'd take full advantage of 'em...

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    RachelMarie, did you feel threatened?

threaten.jpg

Seriously; I don't see any threats being made. :dunno:

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    I have to quote these people and then we can move on. Sorry.

I certainly hope it is not intended as it reads, RM has done nothing to get a response like that!! It is truly uncalled for!!
    Thanks HandK. I took it the same way you did.

RachielMarie freakin' ROCKS!

Just putting that out there. :D
    YES. Now if only I could figure out how to quote that in my sig, I'd be good to go! lol

Way to go, now you gave her a new sig line.:n00b:

Like i said before, was she insulted or something?
    Insulted? Not so much. Do I think it was uncalled for, yes. Still do. Word it right or don't word it at all.

RachelMarie, did you feel threatened?

Doug

Threatened? No. But I don't think it should have been worded the way it was. I was a bit erked when I read it, but to NOT meet the ban-hammer I ignored it. I've had ONE infraction *warning* and don't plan to get anymore by saying how I truly feel! heh. I got me some will-power baby!

Anyways...back to the topic at hand, Hope everything plays out well. This guy needs to be caught. Not sure the charges will be as much as *I* think they should be, but any charge is better than none. Prayers still heading your way. Please continue to inform us of how it all plays out! :patriot:

Last edited:

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I have to quote these people and then we can move on. Sorry.

Thanks HandK. I took it the same way you did.

YES. Now if only I could figure out how to quote that in my sig, I'd be good to go! lol

Insulted? Not so much. Do I think it was uncalled for, yes. Still do. Word it right or don't word it at all.

Threatened? No. But I don't think it should have been worded the way it was. I was a bit erked when I read it, but to NOT meet the ban-hammer I ignored it. I've had ONE infraction *warning* and don't plan to get anymore by saying how I truly feel! heh. I got me some will-power baby!

Anyways...back to the topic at hand, Hope everything plays out well. This guy needs to be caught. Not sure the charges will be as much as *I* think they should be, but any charge is better than none. Prayers still heading your way. Please continue to inform us of how it all plays out! :patriot:

I think his lack of response to the post and the threat speaks volume's to me on how he intended it!!! just my 2 cents, OK I am done now!!! :D

joekoug

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    :popcorn: - In all seriousness, I missed this thread up till tonight. To think some sick sob is out doing this type of crap REPEATEDLY makes me sick. I hope s/he gets what's coming to them - karma is a beach.

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    I read this to say, "I really hope this 'offending party' gets stuck someplace where no one can hear him call for help and suffers a fate similar to what he has done to the animals, but I can't say that directly because it will sound like a threat. So, I will say I hope it DOESN'T happen."...

...I read this to say, "I'm not sure what you meant."...

...I read this to say, "I can't say what I want to say directly because it will sound like a threat to the person who mistreated the animals and I might get into trouble with the moderator and if it really DID happen to the rotten person, the LEO's might come looking for me."

Oh i read it as he was referring to the sick _ _ _ individual who injured the cat.:dunno:

Seriously; I don't see any threats being made. :dunno:

...I took it the same way you did.

RM,

I was going to merely shoot you a PM, but as you made this public, I will do so on the thread.

I will address you alone, to state that my previous commentary was as Doug and Infantrylife stated, as well as Shooter reading the same. It was not my intention to insult, or otherwise state anything that would give you the impression as you stated above. As such, I apologize for the misunderstanding.

[rant]

Now, flaming aside, contrary to action of a particular poster: Once the post is reported to a mod, especially with a public statement upon the matter, why do you continue to carry on upon the subject? Are you that insecure to think that I need to immediately respond to defend everything I post, particularly if I have a life away from the computer screen?

Stop :tantrum: and take a :chillpill:.

[/rant]

Top Bottom