• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'm no psychologist, but torturing an animal and then putting it in a box for the owner to find sounds more about hurting the owner than it does about just being a budding sociopath who likes to hurt animals. In the short term, I'd be a lot more concerned about the safety of all of the humans involved and the message that's being sent than I would be about the animal suffering or getting revenge for it.

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    It sounds like we need to have a INGO OC dog walk in your area. Does anyone know the law concerning "use of force" when you catch someone harming your pets?

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    This is just plain sick. Rhino mentioned "sociopath" and I couldn't agree more. Watch yourself, your family and your property. Prayers sent!

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    We did our talks to those who were home. There are some upset people that someone in the area would do it. When asked who they think did it, they pointed to suspect 1 and 2.

Suspects 1 and 2 had the gates closed to the homes. Suspect's one home is too far off the road to see them, so we don't know if they were home.

Suspect two ( the one who everyone thinks did it ) was home and we could see people in the house looking at us. The gate was closed, has a new " No Tresspass" sign and all the barn and shed doors were closed. In 6 years, they have never had the place sealed up on a weekend. The home is about 100 feet off the road.

It appears the parents are aware of what happened, and are keeping the kids indoors to keep them from being talked to. No chance to talk to them at school, because they have been kicked out and are home "self" schooling. Mom and Dad of suspect two both work and have no effective parent skills. The three kids at home teach themselves:rolleyes:

They appear to have money, three newer pickups, several ATV's and a fishing boat were on the gravel drive.

Back to observe and report..........

The sheriff said they would keep an eye on this family for us. When the report comes back on the chemical used, they might be able to get a warrant.

My :twocents: is the kids get away with it this time, but the whole area is aware of the trouble they caused.

On a side note, one of the kids I though might be involved is in jail for several more years for dealing drugs. Guess that is why I did not see him in the last few months walking around. From what I could tell, the parents where happy not to be paying to feed him...and could care less about him or the cat issue.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    It sounds like we need to have a INGO OC dog walk in your area. Does anyone know the law concerning "use of force" when you catch someone harming your pets?

That would be fun-then we can shoot in my back yard........The story might be in the Herald Times in Bloomington in the next day or two. The cat owner just has been to busy to talk to them.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    No, they aren't. They ARE family members however and that's just the same.

Cpt Caveman,

I hate to break the news to you, but pets are more than just "animals" to some people. It is all they have to keep them company in this cruel world at times, and are with them 24/7/365, and show love and affection unmatched to most humans.

SO while the may not be people, they are in essence their family, and possibly all that they have.

+1.

While my dogs are far from the "only" thing I have, they are a part of my family and if you hurt them you are essentially hurting me as well.

If this were myself in this situation, I'd hope I found out who did it before the police did.:xmad:

This is just plain sick. Rhino mentioned "sociopath" and I couldn't agree more. Watch yourself, your family and your property. Prayers sent!

I think you misread his post.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    Be vigilant the next few days, if the little perp is home alone, he may just want to exact a price for all the attention he has gotten lately.

Got any of these laying around? :D

cb16.jpg

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I, like a lot of people, might fantasize about dispensing justice to the kind of person who would do something like this.
    But I sincerely hope and pray that everyone here, myself included, would keep our actual behavior civilized, even though the perpetrator did not.

Doug

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I, like a lot of people, might fantasize about dispensing justice to the kind of person who would do something like this.
    But I sincerely hope and pray that everyone here, myself included, would keep our actual behavior civilized, even though the perpetrator did not.

Doug

Agreed...I'd like to THINK I'd keep myself civilized, but if someone hurt my puppy for no other reason than to satisfy their craving to torture something, I'm not sure how I'd react.

How could you hurt a creature with out of proportion ears like this?

DSC_0977.jpg

:D

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    Update

We are 90% sure of who it is. (that family keeps the Sheriff and juvi busy)...

Back in the old days, a family like this would have their house burned down, and sometimes, the 'rats' would be shot fleeing the fire.

Disclaimer: I am not advocating violence nor illegal activity. I'm just stating historical opinion.

Last edited:

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I'm really hoping you catch these scumbags that would do something like that and get them off the street where they won't do any more harm to any animals or humans. Good luck and be safe. Keep us updated!

Top Bottom