• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I hope someday you get the utopia you believe exists to run the NRA.

If you want to know which pro-2A organizations are getting it done, see who the enemy focuses on. I have seen quotes from the anti-gun side discussing a lawsuit filed by another 2A organization but they call out the NRA.

If we send surrogates into the swamp, why do folks turn on them because they smell like the swamp?

I had this thought the other day on the suits so many are butt hurt over. What if they actually were suits for congress critters or others in the swamp that were creatively accounted for?

Perfect is the enemy of good.

The left ran their plan perfectly to disillusion the membership into strangling the NRA for them. They write articles celebrating what many here are proud they did.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I follow Midway USA on FB, and Larry Potterfield just posted a congrats to Wayne on his "retirement"...seriously Larry, read the room....

While that is sort of like WTH. Could it maybe be a department or PR office that just sent that out without realizing the room temperature?

Lots of admin staff at gun companies and gun stores aren’t gun people and don’t have their finger on the pulse of gun world current affairs . Had one manager I know didn’t even k ow what Gunsite was so it might be the case!!!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Who has a better pulse on the firearms industry? Larry Potterfield, with his "round up for the NRA" program or internet mud throwers?

Could one not argue that the mud throwers are actually as much of the NRA's reputation problem as LaPierre?

The pure is the enemy of the good, right?

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Who has a better pulse on the firearms industry? Larry Potterfield, with his "round up for the NRA" program or internet mud throwers?

Could one not argue that the mud throwers are actually as much of the NRA's reputation problem as LaPierre?

Wasn’t saying Potterfield doesn’t know what’s going on just did he approve the message personally? Or was it through an office that might not have a clue it’s just a job that delt with the NRA roundup since whenever it was a thing and just presumed “oh congratulations is needed”?

All I am asking

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana

I would think Larry has a good understanding of his patrons. He started Friends of the NRA along with collecting 21 million in donations for the NRA.
    I believe he was just being gracious with Wayne retiring.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I would think Larry has a good understanding of his patrons. He started Friends of the NRA along with collecting 21 million in donations for the NRA.

Similar to the reason Wayne was effective for years, Larry has a job to do.

Like it or not, some of that job is politics/business, whatever you want to call it. Pleasantries and appearance IS the job. You don't promote good business by crawling in the mud.

:twocents:

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Larry Potterfield has done more for gun owners than all of us put together. It's easy to throw stones.

rbhargan

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    Carmel/Liberty
    When people enter into leadership positions in public service/political office/non-profit organizations, it should be because they want to give back - not because they view it as a means of amassing a fortune. But, I suppose I am naïve. The way things have been operating over the last few decades that is *exactly* how you amass a fortune. Not an Elon Musk fortune, but a Clinton/Obama fortune. :pimp:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I've noticed all the usual do nothings, whiners and back stabbers are already looking for excuses to continue on as usual for/to gun owners. Doing nothing, back stabbing the NRA, and whining.
    Hope there are a lot of you guys that don't want meaningful changes to governance, because if you continue that attitude you'll be the only ones footing the bills

I certainly won't contribute to any charity with such a lopsided ratio of expenses to expenditures on its mission

If you think you can get it done without us, bring it

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Pepe will need the $21M to defend himself in court. I assume the NRA common member will pay his lawyers.
    Of course they will...to do otherwise would be @backstabber. We have to make sure these Heroes prevail in their day in court, because that's our duty as loyal team-players.

I wonder if it has really dawned on people, that every dime Larry Potterfield and his business generated for NRA - and probably much, much more - was burned like paper in an ashtray by LaPierre's actions and that of his cronies?

What an incredible waste.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    When people enter into leadership positions in public service/political office/non-profit organizations, it should be because they want to give back - not because they view it as a means of amassing a fortune. But, I suppose I am naïve. The way things have been operating over the last few decades that is *exactly* how you amass a fortune. Not an Elon Musk fortune, but a Clinton/Obama fortune.

Many things can happen, for good or bad, by the talent, energy and motivation of the all Volunteer BOD.

It is when the transformation takes place of being paid along with no one watching or leading, that the volunteers can become self interest, ego mongers, secret closed meetings, minute tweaking and just plain counter productive to the organization.

The money, position and self interest are a great value when there is no dignity in doing the right thing for its members.

Where is the surprise?

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Found out Chris Kopacki left NRA-ILA 2 months back :( . Guess we'll find out soon enough. I mean the DoD went 4 days without anybody knowing SecDef was in ICU... this organization can make it to the next board meeting.

Reporting chain better in the NRA, hhhhmmmm.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    When people enter into leadership positions in public service/political office/non-profit organizations, it should be because they want to give back
    Then there will NEVER be enough good people that will enter into leadership positions in public service/political office/non-profit organizations. Ministers, CEO’s, NPO leadership do not take a poverty vow to work for us. The public should not expect they should.

That said what should the head of a $400 million dollar endeavor be paid in total compensation?

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Hope there are a lot of you guys that don't want meaningful changes to governance, because if you continue that attitude you'll be the only ones footing the bills

I certainly won't contribute to any charity with such a lopsided ratio of expenses to expenditures on its mission

If you think you can get it done without us, bring it
    Historically. NRA members have been a small group, compared to the number of lawful gun owners in the country, so yes the NRA has and always will get along without the majority of gun owners. Having said that, I believe that those of us who support the NRA would like to see meaningful change at the top. Being a member and working from within is a good way to get change.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom