• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    How has bashing the NRA and not being a member or contributor worked out?
    So deflection. Why would I be a member and give money to an organization that is run like that? That isn't "bashing", it is reality. If they clean up there act I will join. I don't excuse bad behavior because it is my team though.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    So did some google fu.

The ACLU is about a $435 Million organization CEO salary about $900,000.
    That is about what WLP was paid base salary. He did have potential for various bonuses. WLP also nearly doubled the membership and money during his time. There is risk involved in being the head of the NRA there is not in other business, he is a political lightning rod and his family are often threatened and or doxxed in today’s world.

I was just told on INGO such behavior toward spouses and children is acceptable.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    That is about what WLP was paid base salary. He did have potential for various bonuses. WLP also nearly doubled the membership and money during his time. There is risk involved in being the head of the NRA there is not in other business, he is a political lightning rod and his family are often threatened and or doxxed in today’s world.

I was just told on INGO such behavior toward spouses and children is acceptable.

Thats bull, many careers come with that risk.
    In the last 25 years gun ownership in America has swelled and swelled to numbers we never though would or could happen. Certainly with those numbers a certain percentage will become NRA members. With Wayne being a great CEO, explain the million membership loss in the last three years with Wayne's shenanigans becoming public knowledge?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Thats bull, many careers come with that risk.
    Really? Which ones are a target the leftist antifa types?

In the last 25 years gun ownership in America has swelled and swelled to numbers we never though would or could happen. Certainly with those numbers a certain percentage will become NRA members.
    You probably also believe stuff sells itself, no marketing needed.

With Wayne being a great CEO, explain the million membership loss in the last three years with Wayne's shenanigans becoming public knowledge?
    Because the leftists used minor indiscretions to convince gun owners to stop supporting the NRA as evidenced in this thread.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I wonder what the defense of LaPierre will be, if and when he declines to fight the charges, settles with the NY Attorney General, and pays her off with member-generated funds?

...or will she even offer such a deal?

As a result of LaPierre's actions, the existence of the NRA as a legal entity now lies in the hands of liberal politicians. It is at least theoretically possible there won't even be an Association left to send your dues to. Consider that for a moment.

Effective leadership does not bring one's organization to the brink of dissolution.

The "My Country Right or Wrong" crowd better hope the NY Attorney General is in the mood to deal. If she can't be bought off with money, and the organization gets put in directorship, the viewpoints of some here could "age" rather poorly.

Last edited:

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana

You probably also believe stuff sells itself, no marketing needed.

Because the leftists used minor indiscretions to convince gun owners to stop supporting the NRA as evidenced in this thread.
    Fifty plus year life member here.
    You a life member? Here's my last show I went to.
    I grew up 21 miles from the new building, do you think my family doesn't know anyone who worked for the NRA?
    20240109_145642.jpg

Marketing lol. I'll say just this, The Chantilly, VA gun shows are the size of a super k Mart. Because it was a super k Mart.
    Not once did any of my friends and family ever once saw Wayne drive that 6.3 miles to shake members hands and drum up more membership. 6.3 miles to see a few thousand members. No Show.

Minor indiscretions you say. That's fing laughable.

Please send me some of whatever you've been smoking.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Fifty plus year life member here.
    You a life member? Here's my last show I went to.
    I grew up 21 miles from the new building, do you think my family doesn't know anyone who worked for the NRA?
    View attachment 324510

Marketing lol. I'll say just this, The Chantilly, VA gun shows are the size of a super k Mart. Because it was a super k Mart.
    Not once did any of my friends and family ever once saw Wayne drive that 6.3 miles to shake members hands and drum up more membership. 6.3 miles to see a few thousand members. No Show.

Minor indiscretions you say. That's fing laughable.

Please send me some of whatever you've been smoking.
    Life member here too. Sorry you are so butt hurt…

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Life member here too. Sorry you are so butt hurt…
    Thats you answer, really?
    6.3 miles to see thousands of members.. At least a fart in the wind has some smell to it.

Not butthurt, just tired of Wayne's ********, AMF. If I was butthurt I would have cut the gifts off years ago.
    The difference is, I just happened to grow up around it and see it in person.

ZurokSlayer7X9

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    These crazies target many careers and individuals. Let's see: Legi-critters both on the national and local stage left of Marx, "right wing" political commentators targeted for destruction, media personnel and journalists who don't go along with the narrative, doctors who disagree with the "Science", CEO's who stand against this absurdness, preachers who stand truth, police officers and departments who do their job at keeping the peace, prominent people in the firearm manufacturing industry, gun shop owners, everyday people targeted for destruction who have enough media exposure, etc.

During one of my previous jobs, our office received credible threats and was doxxed because an ex-employee was part of the Trump administration and blocked a camera with his hand at a rally. It was extremely trivia, but we still got called a bunch of racists, and this was back in early 2019.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Those before us left the NRA in their estate plans with the thinking it would be in future defense of the RKBA.

If they only knew it would go to an infringing apologist to pay for private jets, suits, more regulation, and trips to the Bahamas.

I feel dirty every year I mail them money.
    Don't forget Settlements, fines court costs, punitive damages, etc. & c....

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I cannot believe how many believe the allegations hook line and sinker. Does INGO not believe in innocence until proven guilty at the minimum? A case prosecuted by an AG that ran for office on getting the NRA, in a dark blue state where impartial juries for political based trials is impossible.

Seems a majority here, by the posts and boasting of withholding funding, believe the allegations without reservations. It worked, the NRA is severely weakened mostly by their own members or former members. What a coup for the left to get members to kill the most hated organization on the left…

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I follow Midway USA on FB, and Larry Potterfield just posted a congrats to Wayne on his "retirement"...seriously Larry, read the room....
    This IS the same dude that claims you cant build an AR without like 25 custom tools that probably cost more than your actual rifle. :rolleyes:

When people enter into leadership positions in public service/political office/non-profit organizations, it should be because they want to give back - not because they view it as a means of amassing a fortune. But, I suppose I am naïve. The way things have been operating over the last few decades that is *exactly* how you amass a fortune. Not an Elon Musk fortune, but a Clinton/Obama fortune. :pimp:
    This. If you want to get rich, dont work for a NFP. Get a job in the private sector at a for profit corp.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom