• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Ah but as much as you would like to think it was in this case it was not an illegal arrest now was it? Of course not.
    Having a warrant doesn't make it a good arrest. Warrants can be BS, and have been, and it can be an unlawful arrest. You should know that. If the cops started battering down my door today, even if they had a warrant, I would resist. Why? Because I know I haven't done anything. And that's the case in some of these instances when people resist armed intruders hiding behind a badge. In this case we don't know the full details. Why? Because the Stasi are being close lipped with everything except propaganda. Building their case against a guy who may well be innocent of anything. Even if he did have a couple of pot plants or some weed, it in now way excuses the cops for their overkill response to what should have been a knock on the door (at best) or an approach away from his home.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Having a warrant doesn't make it a good arrest. Warrants can be BS, and have been, and it can be an unlawful arrest. You should know that. If the cops started battering down my door today, even if they had a warrant, I would resist. Why? Because I know I haven't done anything. And that's the case in some of these instances when people resist armed intruders hiding behind a badge. In this case we don't know the full details. Why? Because the Stasi are being close lipped with everything except propaganda. Building their case against a guy who may well be innocent of anything. Even if he did have a couple of pot plants or some weed, it in now way excuses the cops for their overkill response to what should have been a knock on the door (at best) or an approach away from his home.

Hey man do whatever you think is right. But if you choose the resiting part you get what you get. If I get a SWAT warrant service on my house I won't be resiting.

You guys keep saying overkill for some reason. It sounds like they probably needed some more guys for dealing with that idiot. The police most likely knew more about this guy that what they are releasing. Everyone knows that during an investigation there will be tons of information that will not be released for quite some time. The bottom line though is you guys are still sticking up for a cop killer. And that is some major BS IMO. What the hell is wrong with you people?

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Hey man do whatever you think is right. But if you choose the resiting part you get what you get. If I get a SWAT warrant service on my house I won't be resiting.

You guys keep saying overkill for some reason. It sounds like they probably needed some more guys for dealing with that idiot. The police most likely knew more about this guy that what they are releasing. Everyone knows that during an investigation there will be tons of information that will not be released for quite some time. The bottom line though is you guys are still sticking up for a cop killer. And that is some major BS IMO. What the hell is wrong with you people?
    I am certainly not "sticking up" for anyone. The facts will hopefully come out in due time, maybe. The point is that a 10 man tactical team serving a "Knock and Glock" warrant in a residential area at 9pm is a BAD idea. There is more than one way to skin a cat. (apologies to cat owners)

radonc73

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Lowell
    The problem is that the "shock and Awe" tactics work too well. Having 10 people call out police at the same time nothing gets through and the last person who you expect to knock down your door is the SWAT team, then throw a few flash bangs through the window and you will be in shock, especially for a couple of pot plants.
    I am sure criminals who know where you live will be assured to know all they have to do is yell SWAT when they come in to rob you and your family. Since you know that is one tactic that has been used. I am not saying anything against you but I live by Gary, SWAT has no reason to bust my door down so if this were to happen to me I HAVE to assume that it is a robbery. I know they do these raids at this time for a reason but unless they have plans on getting mega-dealer sized busts kicking a door down for what is the drug equivelent of beer self medication is a whole lot of shock and awe for what amounts to really a class A misdemenor.

Last edited:

Femme Assise

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    If this guy had a substantial amount of drugs they would have a picture of it on the front page of the paper, however 10 guys in swat gear do not look impressive holding an OZ of weed between themselves, right.

I don't see a difference between a truck load of weed and an ounce. Drugs are drugs, and people will continue to kill over them to matter what.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Every LEO I've ever known has had a "Billy Bad Ass" attitude and thinks they are invincible. The morons in charge keep this farce going time after time with the "See what happened? The dope smoking perp opened up on us after we busted down his door! We need better weapons, more body armor, civilian LE M113's and Mark 19's!" They perpetuate the need for more and better trained SWAT style personnel. I would like to see a study conducted showing the statistics of these No Knock drug raids. How many LEO's injured and killed? How many subjects of the warrants killed? How many times the cops jacked it up and how many times innocents have been killed? I bet the details would be sobering! RANT OFF!!!
    Botched Paramilitary Police Raids

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    I don't see a difference between a truck load of weed and an ounce. Drugs are drugs, and people will continue to kill over them to matter what.

You have obviously missed the point of this thread. It's not about the drugs. The cops only use the drugs as a premise for creating dollars. That is why these units are created. They could care less about the "weed". So the actions resulting in the death of an officer, the wounding of 5 other officers, the wounding of the warrant's subject, and endangerment of the surrounding public over a guy with some pot plants and a bag of personal stash is ok cause it's the war on drugs? Not in my neighborhood! I call that negligent homicide and reckless endangerment on the cops! There are better ways of affecting that arrest without putting the public in harm. The whole justification for these types of drug raids is the confiscation of assets cause they are drug related. Departments at the local, state, and fed levels all share in this money. That is always why they are multi jurisdictional. Cut the money and no 10 man swat team is gonna go confiscate juniors stash and his grow operation, period!:cool:

radonc73

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Lowell
    They need to go after the banned RX drugs like Vioxx and Celebrex also, SWAT breaking down Grandmas door to get the Vioxx she got in Mexico on her seniors cruise, they are killing more people than weed is. People kill eachother over the fact it is illegal and so it is a money maker ask Al Capone. If all drugs were legal we could let Phizer or Eli Lilly make the stuff we employ farmers to grow it. Why do we complain about foreign products everywhere else but we would rather have Pablo Escobar want to bes making the money rather than keep the money here in the good old USA. I say we stop importing other countries cocaine and heroin and make it here with American labor. And stop the killings in Mexico, or is that too simple of an idea to gain momentum.

I have pointed it out before when Eli Lilly wants you dead they just kill you and make it look like an accident instead of shooting up houses and killing kids that happen to be inside also.

gunsisgood

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 19, 2010
    Maine
    The bottom line though is you guys are still sticking up for a cop killer. And that is some major BS IMO. What the hell is wrong with you people?

Could not disagree more,
    Judge and police did wrong, officer and possibly the suspect (victim) losses life.
    Your opinion scares the hell out of most of us.:twocents:

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    That would make water more dangerous than marijuana. Could be a good argument toward legalization.

the LD50 for THC is approximately 1.3 grams per kilogram of body weight consumed orally, and 42 mg/kg when smoked. Given the percentages of THC by weight in marijuana realistically you'd die of smoke inhalation before you OD'd. Orally, you'd need to eat an ungodly amount.

Sure it's theoretically possible, but realistically? Water is more dangerous, both in terms of drowning or severe water intoxication leading to mortality.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Check out the latest no-lnock raid.

17 windows busted out.
    1 front door destroyed.
    Floors and walls charred and curtains burnded from grenades.

Don't worry. 20 grams (less than an ounce) of cannabis is off the street.

Homewood Man Shares Account of Police Raid - Homewood-Flossmoor, IL Patch

“It looks like a terrorist attack on my house,”
    at least all the cops made it home safe that night. as far as the people who they are paid to serve well they are not cops so who cares.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Top Bottom