• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    We're still waiting on Rambone's plan of action. I'm sure he has one. I'm just not sure he has the integrity to say what it actually is.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I can understand repealing laws that criminalize marijuana, but what about the laws criminalizing meth, heroin, cocaine, etc? If the laws are repealed and there is an increase in overdoses and deaths from increased use, do the police and EMS still have to respond to try to save the user? If someone wants to use whatever drug they want without criminal penalty they should accept whatever physical penalty comes along, without outside intervention.
    Its a common misconception that laws are the only thing stopping millions of people from going out and becoming meth addicts. This is a fallacy though. Anybody who wants drugs can get them right now. There are more drugs and drug addicts on the streets today than a few decades ago when they were all legal.

If we all have to bear the welfare costs of drug abusers, well that's just the price of freedom.
    Newsflash. You already bear all the costs of drug abusers. We already have the worst of both worlds. You fund a bureaucratic welfare state on top of a bureaucratic police/nanny state. It would be challenging to make the system more expensive than it already is.

Unclog the courts, close the DEA, stop trying to play nanny. And fight the welfare state simultaneously.

We're still waiting on Rambone's plan of action. I'm sure he has one. I'm just not sure he has the integrity to say what it actually is.
    Do I need to repeat myself? Repeal the stinking laws. You do it through politics. And political change requires public support.

How does a prohibitionist feel when watching people getting gunned down in their own homes over vegetation, "Liberty"?

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Newsflash. You already bear all the costs of drug abusers. We already have the worst of both worlds. You fund a bureaucratic welfare state on top of a bureaucratic police/nanny state. It would be challenging to make the system more expensive than it already is.

Unclog the courts, close the DEA, stop trying to play nanny. And fight the welfare state simultaneously.

Do I need to repeat myself? Repeal the stinking laws. You do it through politics. And political change requires public support.

How does a prohibitionist feel when watching people getting gunned down in their own homes over vegetation, "Liberty"?

Newsflash. You're going to have MORE drug abusers when legalization occurs. Even your flawed prohibition analogy bears this out. Alcohol use dropped during prohibition, so please, stop insulting our intelligence with the everyone-who-wants-to-use-drugs-already-does nonsense.

Need I remind you of the article I posed a couple of months ago about teen use of marijuana skyrocketing after Colorado legalized it? At least be intellectually honest and admit you don't care if social costs increase as long as you get legalization.

As far as "people getting gunned down". There's an easy way to prevent that - don't break existing laws.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Newsflash. You're going to have MORE drug abusers when legalization occurs. Even your flawed prohibition analogy bears this out. Alcohol use dropped during prohibition, so please, stop insulting our intelligence with the everyone-who-wants-to-use-drugs-already-does nonsense.

Need I remind you of the article I posed a couple of months ago about teen use of marijuana skyrocketing after Colorado legalized it? At least be intellectually honest and admit you don't care if social costs increase as long as you get legalization.

As far as "people getting gunned down". There's an easy way to prevent that - don't break existing laws.

Alcohol abuse did not significantly drop during prohibition. It slowed at the beginning and then came roaring back with the depression. Prohibition absolutely failed, which is why the 18th Amendment was eventually repealed.

Did Prohibition Really Work? Alcohol Prohibition as a Public Health Innovation

Alcohol Prohibition Was a Failure | Cato Institute

Did Alcohol Prohibition Reduce Alcohol Consumption And Crime?

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Alcohol abuse did not significantly drop during prohibition. It slowed at the beginning and then came roaring back with the depression. Prohibition absolutely failed, which is why the 18th Amendment was eventually repealed.

But yet, somehow, it never reached the same levels it was before prohibition, which is my point and which exposes the nonesese argument that drug prohibition is irrelevant because "everyone who wants to use drugs already does". :bs:

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County

:): I presented this same research to him a long, long time ago. He is quite impervious to statistics and reality.

"No freedom without responsibility!", he shouts, exercising his various freedoms. "First we must remove the safety net! Only THEN can we be allowed to do dangerous things like own firearms!"

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    But yet, somehow, it never reached the same levels it was before prohibition, which is my point and which exposes the nonesese argument that drug prohibition is irrelevant because "everyone who wants to use drugs already does". :bs:

Because of all the people making "bathtub gin" during those years you have no way of knowing that's true. NO WAY AT ALL.

I highly recommend actually READING UP on this. Here's a good book to get you started. And it's even free:

The Economics of Prohibition

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    The very same department was responsible for this homicide only a couple months before the raid on Matthew Stewart.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WV6Bq8xeQrU

.........And the same department made the news earlier this year for raiding an innocent family at 2:30 AM while looking for a soldier who didn't show up for work. Guns in their faces, children terrorized.

"I want to raise my kids in a safe environment, and to be victimized by the same people that you felt should have your back is horrific," Melanie Hill said.

Ogden residents rip 'sloppy' police raids at night

Ogden police sorry for hitting wrong house, but veterans say officer safety comes first

story-06-warrant2-173899.jpg

Top Bottom