• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    they was killed by a violent person. they did not sit down light a joint and fall over dead from the weed. big difference.
    Medically, sure.

But, without the marijuana to play matchmaker, would these people have otherwise crossed paths? Not likely... to an extreme.

Same for the OP, by the way.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Medically, sure.

But, without the marijuana to play matchmaker, would these people have otherwise crossed paths? Not likely... to an extreme.

Same for the OP, by the way.
    so drug dealers and cops both kill people over a flower but ones a good guy and ones a bad guy:dunno:

radonc73

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Lowell
    Yes, but in this case the bad guys will get away with it once again. I understand the need not to talk to the press until the investigation is finished, however if I had to investigate my co-workers as they investigate me really no investigating is going on. If this guy had a substantial amount of drugs they would have a picture of it on the front page of the paper, however 10 guys in swat gear do not look impressive holding an OZ of weed between themselves, right.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Yes, but in this case the bad guys will get away with it once again. I understand the need not to talk to the press until the investigation is finished, however if I had to investigate my co-workers as they investigate me really no investigating is going on. If this guy had a substantial amount of drugs they would have a picture of it on the front page of the paper, however 10 guys in swat gear do not look impressive holding an OZ of weed between themselves, right.
    so far no word of drugs or a weapon. im starting to think the keystone cops did shoot each other. maybe they formed a circle around him and when they yelled fire he ducked.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    so drug dealers and cops both kill people over a flower but ones a good guy and ones a bad guy:dunno:
    People kill people over stupid things every day.

My point is more about choices - up and down the chain. The drug dealers/cops made choices, the "victims" made choices, the electorate made choices.

It is as much about responsibility as drugs. Probably more about responsibility, actually.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    where in the article does it say anything about the drugs or weapons they found on the scene? so far from what ive read they havent.

Im honestly sorry, I thought it was your OP article that said this, but it was the 3rd one down that said:

Suspect was self-medicating, father says

Stewart's father described his oldest son as having mental problems and said he was "self-medicating" with marijuana.

Bang-bang

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Indy/Homeplace/Carmel
    This.

It is pointless for it to be illegal. The officer's children are fatherless because a government made a weed illegal.

I agree, but it's a cash crop for the LEO's, and they wont let it escape their greed. I would like to see their efforts used on a more important problems. (IMO) :twocents: an example is 1 county writes tickets for it, another uses the cuff n stuff method.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    well, from the little information we have, it seems that he decided to pull a gun on some folks who had just as much right to enter his home as he had to be there

I am not a LEO basher. I have great respect for anyone who would choose to do that job. I know there are a lot of great people in that profession. Having said that, I can't even begin to express how shocking it is to read this quote. Herein lies the problem. Whom should I fear more? The guy who stays in his house, does his thing and bothers no one? Or those so addicted to power that they can no longer determine what a reasonable use for that power is?

radonc73

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Lowell
    He should have tried self medicating with something legal, like oxycontin or some "legal" drug that is safe like Zoloft or Ritalin. You know something safer.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    The overwhelming question is this: Does it take a fully tacticle 10 man element to serve a drug warrant on someone in their own home like its a paramilitary operation in a combat zone? The obvious answer is NO! This man could have been apprehended when he left to go to work or even when he showed up at work. Don't the cops know most employers don't allow weapons on their property? More people were placed in harm by this department's actions than should have been allowed. what judge signed off on this warrant to get this guy at 9pm in a residential neighborhood? what LEO commander approved this raid. People got to start asking the real questions and hold those in charge accountable. If I were said person, my utmost responsability would be for the innocent public's protection from just this scenario! These "no Knock and Announce and Enter" raids have got to stop. People from both sides are dying at an anacceptable rate not to mention mix-ups with addresses and identifications. also we all know these CI tips are mostly bogus to cover their own asses. When the primary reason for these raids ends i.e. the loss of confiscation money and property, it will stop. Then the cops can get back to real police work and not hunting for money!

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    This one is showing some similarities to the Jose Guerena case. Remember the "police gear" trotted out by the prosecutor at a press conference? Well they have pictures of this guy "dressed like a terrorist". His father states that he dressed as Bin Laden for for a Halloween party several years ago. The picture was not offered to the public, but the prosecutor mentioned it none the less. Next up on the smear campaign, he had "bomb making materials" according to the prosecutor. Again, his father offered up the scenario that he had a bag of fertilizer for his plants. But the ATF agent who detonated the bag of fertilizer in the closet of the home had this to say..."to characterize it as a bomb or device is not accurate at this time."

And as mentioned, fratricide has not been ruled out in the case. No information has been released including what was in the search warrant.

Prosecutors plan to seek death penalty in Ogden shootout | The Salt Lake Tribune

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Gallery: Crime scene of the officer involved shooting

Some pictures from the scene. They seems to match up with witness accounts that the Strike Force was shooting both into the front and rear of the house. That is a lot of shooting in a residential neighborhood. One has to ask, was it a necessary risk to raid the home with such a high volume of fire in order to confiscate plants? I thought these Strike Force/SWAT teams were to be used for instances involving an active shooter, hostage, etc.

And again, we still don't know if anything was found. Why would a prosecutor be so hush hush regarding the actual crime but trot out all the other information like the Halloween costume?

A couple of those bullet holes are 20 feet in the air...

Last edited:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Gallery: Crime scene of the officer involved shooting

Some pictures from the scene. They seems to match up with witness accounts that the Strike Force was shooting both into the front and rear of the house. That is a lot of shooting in a residential neighborhood. One has to ask, was it a necessary risk to raid the home with such a high volume of fire in order to confiscate plants? I thought these Strike Force/SWAT teams were to be used for instances involving an active shooter, hostage, etc.

And again, we still don't know if anything was found. Why would a prosecutor be so hush hush regarding the actual crime but trot out all the other information like the Halloween costume?

A couple of those bullet holes are 20 feet in the air...
    That many bullet holes says a lot about the yahoos involved in this shootout. Looks like pretty indiscriminate shooting to me.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    Nope its like they are used as modern day combat arms atm's. Ask any dept across the country and they will tell you drug interdictin and arrest is very lucrative. The rewards greatly exceed outfitting and manning a task force. Most use hybridized officers from multiple agencies county, local, atf, feds; they're all in on it! That's why it won't end, its their cash cow!!! The only way to make it stop is to end the criminalization of weed or cut off the confiscation rules so there is no financial benefit. Some rule needs to be enacted or some law made up to eliminate no knock raids and swat is only used for defensive purposes to contain and end ongoing situations, not initiate them from the get go, else more bloodbaths will occur!

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    So you think being a law breaker/murderer (IE Criminal) equals being a free man? You must have really gotten a hold of some real good dope to think like that.:n00b::rolleyes:

No, I believe a person has a right to do with their property (his body in this case) what they please as long as they are not hurting someone else.

I believe any person who puts on body armor and assaults, with deadly weapons, a non-violent person is a miscreant, and the lowest form of life.

If you think its right to brutalize a non-violent person, you must have had a great brain washing, get off on hurting people, despise the idea of self-determination or otherwise be a sociopath.

This guy didn't start the fight, but it sure looks like he ended it. I hope he recovers fully.

Why not treat speeders they same way? They are after all, "law breakers", and it sounds to me like busting into their house, with what amounts to a military assault unit, is just fine with you.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    No, I believe a person has a right to do with their property (his body in this case) what they please as long as they are not hurting someone else.

I believe any person who puts on body armor and assaults, with deadly weapons, a non-violent person is a miscreant, and the lowest form of life.

If you think its right to brutalize a non-violent person, you must have had a great brain washing, get off on hurting people, despise the idea of self-determination or otherwise be a sociopath.

This guy didn't start the fight, but it sure looks like he ended it. I hope he recovers fully.

Why not treat speeders they same way? They are after all, "law breakers", and it sounds to me like busting into their house, with what amounts to a military assault unit, is just fine with you.

How ignorant can people get? This is probably the dumbest post I have ever read on INDGO. This Utah scum did in fact start the fight and he sure didn't end it. And he is gonna die for it to. Heck I will gladly pay my way to Utah and volunteer to be on his firing squad. I would enjoy putting one in his black worthless heart.:yesway:

Some of you need to stop smoking the weed or whatever it is you do and wake up to reality. This ain't no fantasy world.

Top Bottom