• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I got an email, states that i am being considered for the 10th class. will know more after the next merit board meeting. Better than nothing i suppose.

The 10th class will be starting in October so you won't have too long to wait. Sorry you didn't get in the 9th, but keep the positive attitude and hopefully it will work out for you.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    Hope you can get in the 10th class with us. I guess my only selfish fear is that they take the remainder of you guys for the 10th class and give us the snub until next year. :nailbite:

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    Well this coming Wednesday will mark 4 weeks since my oral board.. Keith, have you guys heard anything on whether they are taking some of you guys for the 10th? Did it take this long to hear back after the interview?

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Not trying to start a pissing match...but can anyone tell me how much affirmative action plays into hiring of new officers?

I could not help but notice the bulk of the new hires were african american, hispanic or female......is IMPD bound by affirmative action or are they free to hire those who are best qualified, regardless of race or sex?

I don't mean this to take away from anyone.....I am sure there are qualified people of all ages, race and sex. I am just thinking about how hard it must be for just a normal Joe and how that could be disheartening and cause us to lose some of the best people because they give up hope.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Not trying to start a pissing match...but can anyone tell me how much affirmative action plays into hiring of new officers?

I could not help but notice the bulk of the new hires were african american, hispanic or female......is IMPD bound by affirmative action or are they free to hire those who are best qualified, regardless of race or sex?

I don't mean this to take away from anyone.....I am sure there are qualified people of all ages, race and sex. I am just thinking about how hard it must be for just a normal Joe and how that could be disheartening and cause us to lose some of the best people because they give up hope.
    We are not "bound" by affirmative action but they were clear about hiring based on demographics. However, without be more involved in the process, I have no idea if these 58 are the BEST the process had to offer. I do know that we have some very good recruits and some real knuckleheads. Time will tell if the knuckleheads will be allowed to get weeded out if they do not improve. After this first week, we have not lost anyone, that's kind of rare. This doesn't take into account the fact the 60 job offers went out but only 58 took the job.

Top Bottom