"Step over to the cruiser."

Jimmy

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Not trying to start a pissing match...but can anyone tell me how much affirmative action plays into hiring of new officers?

I could not help but notice the bulk of the new hires were african american, hispanic or female......is IMPD bound by affirmative action or are they free to hire those who are best qualified, regardless of race or sex?

I don't mean this to take away from anyone.....I am sure there are qualified people of all ages, race and sex. I am just thinking about how hard it must be for just a normal Joe and how that could be disheartening and cause us to lose some of the best people because they give up hope.

Depends on your definition of bound. If bound and committed are synonymous in your opinion then yes, we are bound. It takes a very high spot on the list of priorities.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Thank You Denny.

I was just curious because I bid jobs now and again where they have to hire minority owned companies.....it gets discouraging knowing I bid it for less and lose it because they need to hire minorities so they can keep government funding. Thanks again.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    Well I haven't received any communication but yesterday I noticed my status on the application website has changed to "Preliminary Conditional Offer of Employment"

Seems like a good sign!

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    Had my medical and psych a couple weeks ago. Just more waiting.

In other news, I have had interviews with Plainfield and Speedway and I have an interview with Carmel on Wednesday of this week.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Had my medical and psych a couple weeks ago. Just more waiting.

In other news, I have had interviews with Plainfield and Speedway and I have an interview with Carmel on Wednesday of this week.

If I had to do it over again I would work for Carmel, Westfield, Fishers, or Hamilton County SO. For area departments they definitely have the best equipment and good pay.

Top Bottom