• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rio

Plinker
    Apr 18, 2017
    SE Indiana
    I went down on Saturday. Seems like fewer and fewer vendors every year, and prices were outrageous. The primitive area was disappointing with low attendance. I picked up a few essentials, but that's about it. I'll go back, as the place has a special air about it, and lots of good memories over the years.
    The org is slowly disappearing. Prices higher every year. Only a few ranges are still beginner friendly, their youth area is a front to look like outreach. It’s sad really that poor management is driving the place into the ground. We have lifelong family friends that still attend and are vendors and it’s just steadily going downhill. Hopefully it will rebound but raising the membership fees ain’t gonna help! I still go every year and it’s painful to watch the decline. I used to pay for all the adults in my faimly a membership but hear it went up to 90 a year.

cg21

Grandmaster
    May 5, 2012
    The org is slowly disappearing. Prices higher every year. Only a few ranges are still beginner friendly, their youth area is a front to look like outreach. It’s sad really that poor management is driving the place into the ground. We have lifelong family friends that still attend and are vendors and it’s just steadily going downhill. Hopefully it will rebound but raising the membership fees ain’t gonna help! I still go every year and it’s painful to watch the decline. I used to pay for all the adults in my faimly a membership but hear it went up to 90 a year.
    I guess as a new member / participant not really sure how I can contribute to help. And to say the youth range is a front maybe correct in that particular area. But There are a TON of people down here loaning out guns supplies and guidance for new shooters youth and old alike.

Rio

Plinker
    Apr 18, 2017
    SE Indiana
    I guess as a new member / participant not really sure how I can contribute to help. And to say the youth range is a front maybe correct in that particular area. But There are a TON of people down here loaning out guns supplies and guidance for new shooters youth and old alike.
    There are a lot of good people down there. Even though I disagree with the way it’s been managed over the years I love the place and hate to see the slippage. My kids cut their teeth there competitively and it struck a fire I still can’t keep up with! I hope I am incorrect in my opinion about the trajectory of the organization.

cg21

Grandmaster
    May 5, 2012
    There are a lot of good people down there. Even though I disagree with the way it’s been managed over the years I love the place and hate to see the slippage. My kids cut their teeth there competitively and it struck a fire I still can’t keep up with! I hope I am incorrect in my opinion about the trajectory of the organization.
    Do you still bring the kids to compete here ? They are the future of it all. My kids personally are quite the ambassadors and have brought a few kids into the shooting side of things. I hope you’re wrong to we are new. I feel like the advertising / marketing is really lacking and caters to current members and not bringing new members.

Rio

Plinker
    Apr 18, 2017
    SE Indiana
    Do you still bring the kids to compete here ? They are the future of it all. My kids personally are quite the ambassadors and have brought a few kids into the shooting side of things. I hope you’re wrong to we are new. I feel like the advertising / marketing is really lacking and caters to current members and not bringing new members.
    Your right regarding the advertising and visibility of the org.
    My kids are both just getting out in the working world and while I covered their memberships and the like in the beginning we, as a faimly, decided last year we could attend a few competitions elsewhere for the same or less money. So yes they still compete just not down there in Muzzleloading events. My sone loves 3 gun and my daughter Rimfire so we get around.
    The trap range is very kid friendly and if you find Steve on the main line he will help kids all day long, there is just nothing to guide the new attendee to those folks. Keep it up sir, you are very correct kids are the future.

cg21

Grandmaster
    May 5, 2012
    Getting youth involved when they hold a shoot when school is in session is hard to do. Years ago it wasn't like that, but years ago we didn't go to school on August 1.
    Yeah the “spring” shoot is definitely the premier youth event. I give quotes because June is summer to me lol regardless of what I’m told.

This fall the first weekend we had a few first timer kids at trap. There were quite a few kids down on the trap range in the spring I can’t speak to the other ranges we just recently started doing quail walk, sporting clays, skeet, offhand rifle, and bench rifle this fall so haven’t seen many youth shooters.

Top Bottom