• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Yep, I don't even want to tell you what our son makes for small department in Lake County. But he loves his job, and loves going to work everyday. Not many people can say that.

He must be young. Trust me, if it wasn't about the money, the FOP wouldn't be accepting any raise. They would ask that money be used to hire more officers. Of course I can't blame them for taking it, because if they gave it back it likely would be spent on some fancy, frivolous thing downtown.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    He must be young. Trust me, if it wasn't about the money, the FOP wouldn't be accepting any raise. They would ask that money be used to hire more officers. Of course I can't blame them for taking it, because if they gave it back it likely would be spent on some fancy, frivolous thing downtown.

I have a hard time believing that you are LEO based on the way you **** all over them with your opinion.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    I have a hard time believing that you are LEO based on the way you **** all over them with your opinion.

You said "we" don't do it for the money. While you might not be in it for the money, I would assume enough of your co-workers do care to some extent about the money. There is no way Ballard offered metro police a 7%+ raise over three years out of the kindness of his heart. Someone had to ask for it, my guess is the FOP. Does just one person of the FOP get to make that decision/request, or is it a majority vote of the officers they represent? I've been in it long enough to see how people change. Get in when your young, likely no kids, no home, and back in my youthful days, reasonable student loan debt. Money isn't an issue, then you get married, likely buy a home and have a mortgage, then kids come along and the focus changes somewhat. I won't say that everyone follows this path, but I've seen plenty that do. I'm not in it solely for the money, but believe I deserve fair compensation, which means enough to live what I consider a middle class lifestyle. If I was told I needed to take a 10% pay cut, I would be pretty upset about it. Would you? There is a reason I heard of and know plenty of officers who left smaller, lower paying metro area police jobs for the larger agencies, and trust me, the much higher pay is definitely an issue, though not necessarily the only issue.

keiths34

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2013
    hopkinsville
    Knocked out the Final PFT today with good scores across the board. Was told we should know something with 1-2 weeks. fingers crossed. Good luck Westsider on the interview board. try not to be nervous, but i know its next to impossible to do.

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North
    I passed everything with flying colors and was only waiting on the letter telling me when training started. That sure didn't happen because they told me that I was a criminal. You'd better make sure they use a SSN or something when conducting the criminal history. They told me that I lied and was arrested three times for spousal abuse. After "discovering" they made a mistake, it was "Oh well, try again." LOL!

Oh, and To this day I've never been arrested a day in my life.

Wow, I had something similar happen a number of years back when I applied. I went through everything and had the conditional offer in hand waiting on my final background check and class start. At the time I had my Top Secret Govt Clearance, my background came back with "abnormalities" A friend within IPD HR checked it out for me and said I was not authorized for employment within the US (not a US Citizen). Turns out their systems were completely Fudged up. It didn't change the fact that my conditional offer was scrubbed.

Top Bottom