• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • keiths34

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2013
    hopkinsville
    That would be good! I've been with my current employer for almost 11 years and have never been arrested.

Hope you make it Keith.

thank you and same to yourself! There is someone who spoke to their BI today, and the story is that there are 120 applicants left and looking to take around 60. I was under the impression that we were much closer than that. But atleast we have a 50/50 shot at this point.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    it would be extremely disappointing to successfully complete all phases, and just not make the cut.

I passed everything with flying colors and was only waiting on the letter telling me when training started. That sure didn't happen because they told me that I was a criminal. You'd better make sure they use a SSN or something when conducting the criminal history. They told me that I lied and was arrested three times for spousal abuse. After "discovering" they made a mistake, it was "Oh well, try again." LOL!

Oh, and To this day I've never been arrested a day in my life.

keiths34

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2013
    hopkinsville
    I passed everything with flying colors and was only waiting on the letter telling me when training started. That sure didn't happen because they told me that I was a criminal. You'd better make sure they use a SSN or something when conducting the criminal history. They told me that I lied and was arrested three times for spousal abuse. After "discovering" they made a mistake, it was "Oh well, try again." LOL!

wow, yeah that would be completely frustrating.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indian-noplace

Sounds like the same crap they pulled on me years ago.
    1.5 years of "testing".... even got THE letter only to be later told....
    "NO THANKS YOU DONT HAVE POTENTIAL POLICE OFFICER QUALITIES...."
    Say what Mr Sgt Mark Brown?
    *click went the phone*

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County

Wow that stinks! Hope nothing like that happens to me; given my age (I turn 35 this October), this is probably a one-time shot for me, as from the material I have read once you are denied you have to wait 2 years to re-apply which would put me over the age limit.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Wow that stinks! Hope nothing like that happens to me; given my age (I turn 35 this October), this is probably a one-time shot for me, as from the material I have read once you are denied you have to wait 2 years to re-apply which would put me over the age limit.
    And why IS there an age limit, since age discrimination violates Federal discrimination laws, eh? :scratch:

And, if the 'age limit' is 36, then shouldn't 'mandatory retirement' also be when one reaches their 37th birthday? Curious. :dunno:

Wow, just under $19 / hr.? Uh, even if I was still within the age limits, no thanks! STILL a vastly underpaid, 'thankless' job in Indiana!

Last edited:

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    And why IS there an age limit, since age discrimination violates Federal discrimination laws, eh? :scratch:

And, if the 'age limit' is 36, then shouldn't 'mandatory retirement' also be when one reaches their 37th birthday? Curious. :dunno:

Wow, just under $19 / hr.? Uh, even if I was still within the age limits, no thanks! STILL a vastly underpaid, 'thankless' job in Indiana!

We don't do it for the money.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

Ask PERF, its their rule...not ours.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    We don't do it for the money.
    Yep, I don't even want to tell you what our son makes for small department in Lake County. But he loves his job, and loves going to work everyday. Not many people can say that.

Top Bottom