• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I was in Indy this weekend. Unfortunately I didn't get any jackboots to the head, but an officer did grab the door for me when I went into a gas station to pay for gas. I don't know if he was a millennial or not.

Oh and nice reading posts from everyone. It's been awhile.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I was in Indy this weekend. Unfortunately I didn't get any jackboots to the head, but an officer did grab the door for me when I went into a gas station to pay for gas. I don't know if he was a millennial or not.

Oh and nice reading posts from everyone. It's been awhile.
    Where have you been Benny?

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Like was said, put up or shut up.

You're a troll and I hope you are banned one of these days. The less people like you, the better.

I am not here to be a troll. Rather I get very upset at the idiot libertarians who think that just having a savior will straighten out the country.

Plus most of you are totally BLIND to the problems in this country. And you are doing your best to keep those of who are people of faith from turning this country around.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Tell me that in six weeks.

This ain't my first rodeo and I'm relatively confident you have zero experience in the hiring and training of police recruits. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. You can also provide your sources for the information you've been providing. I'll wait here.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This ain't my first rodeo and I'm relatively confident you have zero experience in the hiring and training of police recruits. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. You can also provide your sources for the information you've been providing. I'll wait here.

I posted an article here from Police One were kids would show up for recruiting into the academy with their mothers in tow. And that their mothers would do all the talking.

Every recruit you have will be under 35, that this is a totally Millennial group of recruits. How have your folks screened out those with a sense of entitlement? What screening did you do for life skills? How many of these recruits still live at home?

Oh you could have a good recruiting class, if you keep the class under 50 recruits. Then you can cherry pick through the 2000 or so applicants you have. You might have 50 out of 2000. But nothing like it used to be where you had a at least 400 out of 2000 who were mature adults ready for responsibility.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Trooper, do you have any idea of the hiring process of IMPD or do you just base it off of videos on the interwebz?

Yes, I know how you screen. I have several friends in IMPD. They complain that a few years ago due to demands by the democrats that the standards were reduced. And that they had too many sub quality recruits let in due to that.

You are getting that same pressure from the council now.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The 'me generation' and the future of law enforcement

How did your recruiting process deal with the "Me" generation? A group that wants everything now, and wants to invent their own job rather than accept tradition.

Recruiting the 21st Century police officer

Facebook Forum: Weighing in on 'millennial' police recruits
    The Facebook Generation: Millennials are reshaping the American economy

BTW, how you going to deal with a group of recruits who are constantly looking at the FB page? It is bad enough that the officers on the street do this now. And I can get more articles. Police journals are filled with them. Indianapolis is not some ghetto that is isolated from the rest of the world. And even worse is that you have an old boy network that seems to corrupt recruits once they are allowed on the street. IMPD needs to be shaken up and have a fresh wind through it. It is too hidebound.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    This thread is hideously off the rails. This is the part where I fix that.

Trooper, you are officially banned from posting in this thread. I am telling you in no uncertain terms that your trolling has official reached the point of boil over. Post in here again and youre done on INGO.

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    To keiths34, I was at the academy today and I talked with the PT/ST staff about the 9th and 10th classes. The 10th applicants were in there taking their first PT test and I was told that the interim test for the 9th applicants was scheduled for early May. I do not know if they have sent official letters, or if they are even going to, but it is definitely scheduled for early May. I would say that if you don't get a letter in the next week or so, I'd call/email your background detective and inquire about your status.

In other news, if I get my instructor cert completed before you all graduate, I will probably be helping to teach you SFSTs. Either way I'm sure you'll see me around during your training :D

keiths34

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2013
    hopkinsville
    To keiths34, I was at the academy today and I talked with the PT/ST staff about the 9th and 10th classes. The 10th applicants were in there taking their first PT test and I was told that the interim test for the 9th applicants was scheduled for early May. I do not know if they have sent official letters, or if they are even going to, but it is definitely scheduled for early May. I would say that if you don't get a letter in the next week or so, I'd call/email your background detective and inquire about your status.

In other news, if I get my instructor cert completed before you all graduate, I will probably be helping to teach you SFSTs. Either way I'm sure you'll see me around during your training :D

I received an email stating the PT test was may 9-10. it was just an FYI, and that official letters would be sent out at a later time.

Thatd be awesome man! looking forward to meeting you and the rest of the team!

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    The 'me generation' and the future of law enforcement

How did your recruiting process deal with the "Me" generation? A group that wants everything now, and wants to invent their own job rather than accept tradition.

Recruiting the 21st Century police officer

Facebook Forum: Weighing in on 'millennial' police recruits
    The Facebook Generation: Millennials are reshaping the American economy

BTW, how you going to deal with a group of recruits who are constantly looking at the FB page? It is bad enough that the officers on the street do this now. And I can get more articles. Police journals are filled with them. Indianapolis is not some ghetto that is isolated from the rest of the world. And even worse is that you have an old boy network that seems to corrupt recruits once they are allowed on the street. IMPD needs to be shaken up and have a fresh wind through it. It is too hidebound.

We deal with these things as we always have, either they comply with the standards of the job or they can go back to working at Walmart.

Who cares if people look at their Facebook page?

You need to familiarize yourself with the definition of the word corrupt, you obviously don't know what it means or you're intentionally trying to mislead people. You can attempt to throw **** at IMPD all you want, make all of the comparisons to lesser agencies that you care to, it doesn't make the agency any less than it is. I'm proud to be a part of the agency and for very good reasons. It's far from perfect but it's on hell of a lot better than most agencies our size.

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I have to agree with Phylo on this. I am proud to be part of the department and I believe that our training is top tier. We spend a great deal of time training on responsibility, accountability and use of force. The standards we have are the standards and if they aren't adhered to then just as Phylo said, its buh-bye time.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    I go tomorrow for my physical agility test.

As for the talk about entitlement, coming from someone who has been in management for many years I can tell you that is an issue in all jobs not just law enforcement. As others have said, those people tend to weed themselves out.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Every recruit you have will be under 35, that this is a totally Millennial group of recruits. How have your folks screened out those with a sense of entitlement?

Are you serious, or just trying to stir the pot? I've seen plenty of this "sense of entitlement" with my elders, so what is the difference. Plenty of upper level admin types, all the way down to street officers, who feel they are entitled to whatever, whenever for some reason or another.

How many of these recruits still live at home?

Maybe plenty, but that's what happens when our elected leaders and higher ed administrators feel so entitled to being wealthy that they jack up tuition year after year. Back in the mid to late 90s, tuition at IUPUI was $90-$110 per credit hour. Fees were there, but minimal. Today, it is around $260 per credit hour. It is a commuter campus, and gas back then was around $1.00 per gallon, now it is $3.50 per gallon. Funny thing is that the minimum wage hasn't even doubled over the same time frame, so I think I can give a young person a pass for living at home after getting hosed financially when it comes to obtaining a college degree in the current era.

But nothing like it used to be where you had a at least 400 out of 2000 who were mature adults ready for responsibility.

So in the past, all police recruits were "Mature adults?" Were those the officers who repeatedly committed adultery on their wives? Or were those the hires who got arrested for various crimes during their time as an officer?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom