• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    So Anderson pays more than IMPD?

Starting out yes. But I highly doubt the 2nd and 3rd year increases are as drastic as impd. I know impd goes to 59-60k 3rd year.
    Even if I get on with Anderson and I end up making less than 60k a year after year 3 that's OK. I don't want to be LE for the money, its for the service and the leadership. I could be paid 30k a year and I'd still do it. Hell, even if the probationary year was unpaid, id still do it. There's no better payment than knowing you're making a positive difference in the life of someone else, you know?

Last edited:

keiths34

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2013
    hopkinsville
    Anyone know what kind of photo is best for the "current Photo" on the background investigation paper work? I understand it basically needs to be like a passport photo, but does it need it be on photo paper, or just plain letter paper? and does size of the photo matter? like a 4x6 vs a 2x2 for passport.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I just talked to a buddies son whose interview was yesterday. VERY VERY interesting method of interviewing. Have never heard of an interview set up quite like this one was. I bet it threw many for a loop.

keiths34

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2013
    hopkinsville
    I interviewed on Wednesday. I agree with "IndyGunworks"'s comment, very different strategy, and it did somewhat catch me off guard. But overall i feel confident in my interview process, and will be anxiously awaiting notice in January.

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Anyone know what kind of photo is best for the "current Photo" on the background investigation paper work? I understand it basically needs to be like a passport photo, but does it need it be on photo paper, or just plain letter paper? and does size of the photo matter? like a 4x6 vs a 2x2 for passport.

Shoulders and above... close up... don't smile. Have the "look" as if someone just took you sucker away.

keiths34

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2013
    hopkinsville
    There is a "candidate forum" offered for those who passed the interview portion. It sounds like a Q/A and information seminar. 31st at Hilton Garden Inn

keiths34

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2013
    hopkinsville
    I am following another forum group about this hiring class, and someone there also brought up this article. I understand that diversity is very much needed throughout the force. And its unfortunate for people like myself who are Caucasian Males, that seem to be at a disadvantage from the start. I hope that is not the case, but seeing that they are striving to improve minority numbers, it seems everyone else will have the one up. The forum was interesting and informative. it was nice to get a one on one with some of the officers without the tension and stress of an oral interview.

Top Bottom