• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    Let's face it, some dems have some outrageous positions, but to say that ALL share the view of a few is ridiculous, on both sides..

I agree that both sides do this, I'm not really belonging to either politically. HOWEVER, it is the responsibility of the moderate to either dis-associate themselves from the extreme, or to out them and force the extreme to start their own party.

There was a great clip from Newsroom with Jeff Daniels here:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGAvwSp86hY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGAvwSp86hY[/ame]

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    And the history of " human beings" has been what?
    Warmongers. The lot of them.

Can you provide proof of this "exploded spending?" I want to see figures besides the wars, of what Obama's spent money on.
    Here you go.

usgs_line.php

The only way for Obama to have a deficit that much higher than Bush due to defense spending is to argue that he has pumped trillions more dollars into the war effort than Bush did. Is that your argument?

Federal Spending By the Numbers 2010
    Page4 clearly shows that defense is not the largest expenditure. Page 13 illustrates that defense discretionary spending is but a third of the entitlement spending.

And none of this includes the portion of the budget for interest payments, which under the current POTUS will necessarily skyrocket (see page 12).

You can google "taxpayer's receipt" and find the blog post that shows how much the average taxpayer contributed to the total expenditures based on his tax liability. Because it uses the percentage of the budget that each item comprises, it illustrates the relative weight each item has in the total budget.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Justice is an ambiguous term. Where do we draw the line? Why not send troops to Syria and Iran? Paul Ryan looked like he was getting frisky thinking about it at the debate.

Prove that the businesses went bankrupt. I can find supporting articles for both sides of this debate. Again it's one of those cases where "something" happened and both sides exaggerate to extremes in both directions.

I don't know your situation however have you tried pricing out the lowest priced option for health insurance?

Cheapest I priced out this year was $300 a month...list of businesses that Obama sunk:

List of Failed Obama Green Energy & Solar Companies in the Billions

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Cheapest I priced out this year was $300 a month...list of businesses that Obama sunk:

List of Failed Obama Green Energy & Solar Companies in the Billions

Checked one of these out: SunPower.

SAN JOSE, Calif., April 12, 2011 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- SunPower Corporation (Nasdaq: SPWRA, SPWRB), sponsor of the 250-megawatt (AC) California Valley Solar Ranch power plant, announced today the project has been offered support via a conditional commitment for a loan guarantee of up to $1.187 billion from the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE). California Valley Solar Ranch is expected to create 350 jobs during construction, will power approximately 100,000 homes, and will be one of the largest photovoltaic (PV) solar power plants in the world, when complete.
    Parties Waive EU Approval Condition to Close Tender Offer

SAN JOSE, Calif., and PARIS, June 7, 2011 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Total (CAC: TOTF.PA) and SunPower Corp. (NASDAQ: SPWRA, SPWRB) today confirmed their intention to close Total's all-cash tender offer, to purchase up to approximately 60 percent of the outstanding shares of Class A common stock and approximately 60 percent of the outstanding shares of Class B common stock of SunPower for $23.25 per share respectively, as scheduled on June 14, 2011.
    So the feds pumped $1.187 billion into this corporation two months before the French bought it? Do you suppose the folks at SunPower knew about the loan before they negotiated the 'merger'?

Curiouser and curiouser.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    Okay, we can debate this until the Internet decides to turn off. How about putting women in jail for miscarriages? That's what the GOP supports. Swinging the other end of crazy makes this better?

If you haven't guessed yet, I'm not a blind Obama follower, but accept bull**** wherever it exists. I just think the GOP is slinging nastier bull**** than the Dems this time around.

So you think a woman taking rat poison while late in her pregnancy and having a live baby that dies a few days later...not to mention her another baby she had died a few days after birth is OK. I would think the dems support it as well since that law has been on the books for 130 years and they have never tried to repeal it. Having a live baby is not a miscarriage...I know many women who have had many miscarriage and never was put in jail...I guess the government only feels doctors have a right to murder babies.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    Let's talk about this. To you this may be a black and white issue but let me propose something. Let's say that causing a miscarriage by smoking or drinking during pregnancy is now a federal crime. What happens when somebody determines that eating a cheeseburger is unhealthy to babies and causes health problems? What happens if for no other reason than the baby had incurable health problems and was miscarried, but the mother still ate a cheeseburger? Do we throw her in jail forever?

Sounds like that would be right down the liberals lanes....the libs advocate taking children from mothers whose children are over weight...putting them in foster homes where they will be starved until they lose weight....think of the mental problems this will create...but that's OK because Obama care does not deal with mental problems. Most psychologist are going to have to close up shop...because they won't be able to stay in business with the 6 or 7 bucks an hour Obama care wants to pay them for their services.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    So you think a woman taking rat poison while late in her pregnancy and having a live baby that dies a few days later...not to mention her another baby she had died a few days after birth is OK. I would think the dems support it as well since that law has been on the books for 130 years and they have never tried to repeal it. Having a live baby is not a miscarriage...I know many women who have had many miscarriage and never was put in jail...I guess the government only feels doctors have a right to murder babies.

I never said anything about that. Don't put words in my mouth. The proposed laws will make ALL miscarriages criminal unless you can prove you didn't do anything wrong. Guilty until proven innocent.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    Sounds like that would be right down the liberals lanes....the libs advocate taking children from mothers whose children are over weight...putting them in foster homes where they will be starved until they lose weight....think of the mental problems this will create...but that's OK because Obama care does not deal with mental problems. Most psychologist are going to have to close up shop...because they won't be able to stay in business with the 6 or 7 bucks an hour Obama care wants to pay them for their services.

What the hell are you talking about? Your post goes off on some other topic completely unrelated to what I was talking about.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Warmongers. The lot of them.

Here you go.

usgs_line.php

The only way for Obama to have a deficit that much higher than Bush due to defense spending is to argue that he has pumped trillions more dollars into the war effort than Bush did. Is that your argument?

Federal Spending By the Numbers 2010
    Page4 clearly shows that defense is not the largest expenditure. Page 13 illustrates that defense discretionary spending is but a third of the entitlement spending.

And none of this includes the portion of the budget for interest payments, which under the current POTUS will necessarily skyrocket (see page 12).

You can google "taxpayer's receipt" and find the blog post that shows how much the average taxpayer contributed to the total expenditures based on his tax liability. Because it uses the percentage of the budget that each item comprises, it illustrates the relative weight each item has in the total budget.

The crickets are deafening.

I tried to rep you for restraint (I couldn't have done this without a link to LMGTFY.com), but I have apparently repped you too recently.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    Okay, I read the document and can easily see that if you gave the government $100 billion, they could chew it up and spit out $100 and have nothing to show for it.

For those of you who are *****ing about the government spending too much money, what would you do about medicaid/medicare and social security payments? Do you think you should cut entitlements to the retired? Baby boomers are starting to retire now, just think of the mess we will have in 10 years.

And it doesn't matter who is president with most of these issues because they will need to be dealt with in the coming future.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Okay, I read the document and can easily see that if you gave the government $100 billion, they could chew it up and spit out $100 and have nothing to show for it.

For those of you who are *****ing about the government spending too much money, what would you do about medicaid/medicare and social security payments? Do you think you should cut entitlements to the retired? Baby boomers are starting to retire now, just think of the mess we will have in 10 years.

And it doesn't matter who is president with most of these issues because they will need to be dealt with in the coming future.

Mixed feelings here. It would indeed be a mess to cut them off cold, but then again, these are the same people who were asleep at the switch when Social Security was converted from a funded investment to an entitlement program with a trust fun full of .gov IOUs. Ditto for the introduction of new entitlements for people who simply are unwilling to work.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    I never said anything about that. Don't put words in my mouth. The proposed laws will make ALL miscarriages criminal unless you can prove you didn't do anything wrong. Guilty until proven innocent.

There is only one law being proposed like and that is in Georgia...not in congress. Just because this guy is a repub you act as if Mitt Romney is purposing the law, crazy people try to get crazy laws passed every day***this law will never past, considering at the large amount of miscarriages and still births that happen in this country every year....you support Obama who supports late term abortions and who support killing aborted babies that are alive.

Miscarriage Statistics

Sadly, miscarriages are a very common occurrence. Sources vary, but many estimate that approximately 1 in 4 pregnancies end in miscarriage; and some estimates are as high as 1 in 3. If you include loss that occurs before a positive pregnancy test, some estimate that 40% of all conceptions result in loss.

Although statistics can vary slightly from one source to the next, here is a general account (based primarily on information provided by the March of Dimes) of the frequency of miscarriages in the United States:

There are about 4.4 million confirmed pregnancies in the U.S. every year.

900,000 to 1 million of those end in pregnancy losses EVERY year.

More than 500,000 pregnancies each year end in miscarriage (occurring during the first 20 weeks).

Approximately 26,000 end in stillbirth (considered stillbirth after 20 weeks)

Approximately 19,000 end in infant death during the first month.

Approximately 39,000 end in infant death during the first year.

Approximately 1 in 4 pregnancies end in miscarriage; some estimates are as high as 1 in 3. If you include loss that occurs before a positive pregnancy test, some estimate that 40% of all conceptions result in loss.

Approximately 75% of all miscarriages occur in the first trimester.

An estimated 80% of all miscarriages are single miscarriages. The vast majority of women suffering one miscarriage can expect to have a normal pregnancy next time.

An estimated 19% of the adult population has experienced the death of a child (this includes miscarriages through adult-aged children).

Miscarriage Statistics

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    What the hell are you talking about? Your post goes off on some other topic completely unrelated to what I was talking about.

Originally Posted by Mad Macs
    Let's talk about this. To you this may be a black and white issue but let me propose something. Let's say that causing a miscarriage by smoking or drinking during pregnancy is now a federal crime. What happens when somebody determines that eating a cheeseburger is unhealthy to babies and causes health problems? What happens if for no other reason than the baby had incurable health problems and was miscarried, but the mother still ate a cheeseburger? Do we throw her in jail forever?

My topic is definitely related to yours...it is call The Nanny State which liberals like Obama and his gang love....you are misrepresenting a proposed law by one republican in one state as federal law that is being proposed by all republicans.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis

Mixed feelings here. It would indeed be a mess to cut them off cold, but then again, these are the same people who were asleep at the switch when Social Security was converted from a funded investment to an entitlement program with a trust fun full of .gov IOUs. Ditto for the introduction of new entitlements for people who simply are unwilling to work.

The government has been steadily cutting the compensation it pays to doctors under Medicare/Medicaid, so I'm not sure how much more pain it would create to cut it out completely (and I am only three years away from mandatory Medicare/Medicaid).

Frankly, as far as I can see, government subsidies of medical insurance as well as insurance companies' input have joined with the medical and pharmaceutical communities in simultaneously providing medical miracles while making their products increasingly unaffordable. Like the cost of getting a college education - or a public school education in general - the whole industry is ripe for a major cutback - or a collapse.

Top Bottom