• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    There is only one law being proposed like and that is in Georgia...not in congress. Just because this guy is a repub you act as if Mitt Romney is purposing the law, crazy people try to get crazy laws passed every day***this law will never past, considering at the large amount of miscarriages and still births that happen in this country every year....you support Obama who supports late term abortions and who support killing aborted babies that are alive.

Actually, it's a trending thought pattern in the GOP. Look around at laws being proposed at the state level and the remarks made by governors/Reps/Senators in those states in the GOP. They are consistently talking about the Bible, and how science is just garbage, and we need to teach biblical ideas and force biblical laws.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The government has been steadily cutting the compensation it pays to doctors under Medicare/Medicaid, so I'm not sure how much more pain it would create to cut it out completely (and I am only three years away from mandatory Medicare/Medicaid).

Frankly, as far as I can see, government subsidies of medical insurance as well as insurance companies' input have joined with the medical and pharmaceutical communities in simultaneously providing medical miracles while making their products increasingly unaffordable. Like the cost of getting a college education - or a public school education in general - the whole industry is ripe for a major cutback - or a collapse.

No disagreement here. I would prefer to find a way to incrementally eliminate .gov intervention where it has no constitutional authority to intervene and create problems which would not exist without its intervention. I am just not sure that doing it in one fell swoop would be such a good idea. I would prefer to give the economy a chance to correct gradually rather than deal with all the implications of simply pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del on the Constitution although philosophically I would like to see that happen. I could see phasing much of this nonsense out over a period of less than a decade to be a workable solution.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    Like the cost of getting a college education - or a public school education in general - the whole industry is ripe for a major cutback - or a collapse.

Yeah, I don't get this. The spending paper said that education was a huge expense, yet teachers are getting shafted with pay raises and the cost for higher ed keeps going up at an alarming rate. Combine this with a lack of jobs when students graduate from University, and the mounting student debt this will be a huge disaster in the making.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Actually, it's a trending thought pattern in the GOP. Look around at laws being proposed at the state level and the remarks made by governors/Reps/Senators in those states in the GOP. They are consistently talking about the Bible, and how science is just garbage, and we need to teach biblical ideas and force biblical laws.

I know, we need to rely on scientists who manipulate their numbers and flunked history as evidenced by their complete ignorance of the warming trend of the 1300s which was greater than that of today, or the fact that the 1800s witnessed the bottom of a cooling trend. Yes, we need to let those people dictate our lives through fear, as Al Gore has made an industry of doing.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    I know, we need to rely on scientists who manipulate their numbers and flunked history as evidenced by their complete ignorance of the warming trend of the 1300s which was greater than that of today, or the fact that the 1800s witnessed the bottom of a cooling trend. Yes, we need to let those people dictate our lives through fear, as Al Gore has made an industry of doing.

The next time you need surgery, or to go to a Dr because you are sick feel free to visit your priest and see if they can help you.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The next time you need surgery, or to go to a Dr because you are sick feel free to visit your priest and see if they can help you.

That is the most disingenuous piece of horses**t I have read all day. There is a huge difference between technical services and shaping policy. If you can't see the difference between the two, you are more misguided than I was already given to understand.

In fact, the only argument that comes to mind anywhere near this absurd comes from my 7th grade math class. After being asked to explain what the written notation "4/5" meant, a young man proceeded to explain that it was four fifths of a whole. I objected and when asked to validate my objection, I challenged Mark to go outside and dig four fifths of a hole. The difference is that I was deliberately being a wise a** and you, to the best of my knowledge, are being perfectly serious.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    That is the most disingenuous piece of horses**t I have read all day. There is a huge difference between technical services and shaping policy. If you can't see the difference between the two, you are more misguided than I was already given to understand.

Yes, because nothing in the medical field was ever advanced due to science. Oh wait.

And I never said we should let scientists dictate our existence. I know there's more to this universe than science, there are things that science cannot explain. However, to have the audacity to say that your god is the only true god and the only god to follow and we all must abide by his laws or go to hell is like saying there's only 1 path through the forest.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    However, to have the audacity to say that your god is the only true god and the only god to follow and we all must abide by his laws or go to hell is like saying there's only 1 path through the forest.

Well, we have reached the point at which your argument is not with me. If I am correct, you will have to take that up with God in due time. Otherwise, well, your guess is as good as mine. One thing I can say without reservation is that if you claim fealty to a deity who claims there is only one way and you do not accept that yourself, you do not in fact believe in what you claim to believe, therefore not taking the position you are criticizing would not establish anything other than proving me to be a liar on account of claiming two mutually exclusive positions.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    Well, we have reached the point at which your argument is not with me. If I am correct, you will have to take that up with God in due time. Otherwise, well, your guess is as good as mine. One thing I can say without reservation is that if you claim fealty to a deity who claims there is only one way and you do not accept that yourself, you do not in fact believe in what you claim to believe, therefore not taking the position you are criticizing would not establish anything other than proving me to be a liar on account of claiming two mutually exclusive positions.

I'm cool with my relationship with the universe. I'm wandering through the forest enjoying the view. I don't impose my views upon anybody nor do I accept others' views as absolutes.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon

I have attended many state rallies and pay very close attention to what goes on in the political arena. The GOP has made it their official platform to protect life in and out of the wound...the Dem's official platform has been to allow abortion on demand...there was no language to excempt partial birth or late term abortion...and with their mess up on 9-11, I would say they do not care about protecting lives.
    I have not seen the GOP constantly talking about the bible, the only mention I have seen of any religion at all is when asked a question about their faith or when the Dems want to trample the catholic faith by making them help pay for birth control and abortion. What science are you talking about... global warming????

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    We were on the subject of government spending, weren't we?

You singled me out in attempt to embarrass me publicly on the forum in attempt to prove a point...

Do you understand your apartment subsidy is one of those programs the Republicans want to kill off when they come to office? So if Romney wins, get ready to pay full price on it.

Do you think I like it? Should I move back in with my parents while attending school full time? If Romney wins, I do believe with everything i am that there will be a better economy, thus better paying jobs.

That "unbiased" article could have been written by anybody at FOX news. Did you read the comments under it? Several of the examples were debunked.

Anything that disagrees with your opinions is biased

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    You singled me out in attempt to embarrass me publicly on the forum in attempt to prove a point...

If you're going to complain about wasteful government spending, don't be part of the problem. Whether that money is going to green energy or housing for the poor makes no difference to me. It's coming out of my pocket and it shouldn't be.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN

Do you think I like it? Should I move back in with my parents while attending school full time? If Romney wins, I do believe with everything i am that there will be a better economy, thus better paying jobs.

Anything that disagrees with your opinions is biased

Yeah, that's an awful lot to gamble with. Both Romney and Ryan have stated you are a liability to this country and will be cut off. Do you honestly think you can wait long enough for their plan to "trickle down" to you? And yes, I fully support doing what you need to do in order to survive. I lived with my parents right out of college for a year as the teaching jobs weren't paying well at the time and it just made sense to save my money.

And no, I am fully capable of admitting I am wrong, but that article was so slanted it was ridiculous and it was full of errors.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I'm cool with my relationship with the universe. I'm wandering through the forest enjoying the view. I don't impose my views upon anybody nor do I accept others' views as absolutes.

Great, and what does that have to do with the flawed logical and scientific claims of anthropomorphic global warming scare mongers? You keep spinning straw men in answer to any objection.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    Great, and what does that have to do with the flawed logical and scientific claims of anthropomorphic global warming scare mongers? You keep spinning straw men in answer to any objection.

I never said anything about global warming. I was talking about taking religious stances over science in terms of creating laws.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I never said anything about global warming. I was talking about taking religious stances over science in terms of creating laws.

OK, if it isn't global warming on your mind, you must be pro-murder and favor forcing the participation of others in such by way of forcing opposing health professionals to do so and the rest of us to pay for it?

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh

Whoa! Hold on a sec here. You are now purporting to have the ability, or are quoting other sources that have the ability, to read thought patterns?? You have successfully thrown any remote credibility you might have had right out the window.

Your idealistic bent is glowing so brightly you should really consider posting on a forum that has more than a mere handful of supporters for your convoluted thoughts.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    OK, if it isn't global warming on your mind, you must be pro-murder and favor forcing the participation of others in such by way of forcing opposing health professionals to do so and the rest of us to pay for it?

I'm pro-choice actually. I think the mother should be the chooser. Most mothers who have an abortion do so for a reason. Usually the reason is that the child would have a terrible existence if it was given birth to. Which would be worse, having a baby and not being able to feed it, or terminating the pregnancy early? Pick your evil.

I do think that the mother should bear the financial responsibility to do this however, without resorting to government assistance. So that should take care of your other issue with this.

I believe that being reasonable is the key to success, we are currently seeing two polar opposites striving for power. I'm not cool with either extreme. I don't like our society being overly dependent upon government programs, however I don't feel the religious zealots are right either. What happened to being moderate?

Oh, and just out of curiosity, since you are obviously pro-life what are your plans to help care for the child after they are born? Your political party has stated that they are cutting government "entitlements" so the mother that chose to have her baby and tough it out won't have any assistance going forward.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Yeah, that's an awful lot to gamble with. Both Romney and Ryan have stated you are a liability to this country and will be cut off. Do you honestly think you can wait long enough for their plan to "trickle down" to you? And yes, I fully support doing what you need to do in order to survive. I lived with my parents right out of college for a year as the teaching jobs weren't paying well at the time and it just made sense to save my money.

And no, I am fully capable of admitting I am wrong, but that article was so slanted it was ridiculous and it was full of errors.

I'll take my chances

If you're going to complain about wasteful government spending, don't be part of the problem. Whether that money is going to green energy or housing for the poor makes no difference to me. It's coming out of my pocket and it shouldn't be.

Since you're living so comfortable, please do advise me what I should do with my family of four...sell drugs? Become a hit man? So easy to pass judgement from your comfortable chair, must feel good to be superior to those who are struggling(the ones actually struggling, not those taking advantage of the system).

Top Bottom