• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    But there are still PLENTY apologizing for the officer. I reiterate my point: If I can't tell which ones are going to go psycho on me because I'm carrying a gun (or for any reason whatsoever), how can I do anything other than treat ALL of them as potential threats to my life? I don't want to find out AFTER he's taken two steps back and put ten bullets in me. My trust in the police has been completely destroyed. My trust in the system that is supposed to remove officers like this has been completely destroyed, after seeing the Chief and the Prosecutor try to extort the driver into suppressing the evidence. My trust in his fellow officers has been completely destroyed by watching them line up to circle the wagons and start telling everyone that he was probably just having a bad day.

You're asking us to be fair. Who's being fair to US?!?! NO ONE! THERE IS NO ONE LEFT LOOKING OUT FOR OUR BEST INTERESTS. Do you not understand that? The people charged with protecting us consider us AT BEST to be criminals who just haven't been caught yet.

You're wrong! You should let the courts and the system handle all of this, just ask jake! :patriot:

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    This crap ain't hard to find... LEOs make me sick. 2 posts in a row defending the thug.

vtIK1.jpg

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Interesting comments there. Harless showed restraint by not taking things further... restraint? really? should he have made the perp dig a hole and then drop him in it?

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Has anyone ever seen a video where other cops were going over the line and it caused an argument or an altercation with some other cops there? Even in the beatdowns we see, some officers aren't participating, but they aren't pulling other cops off and getting in their faces.

There have been at least three incidents here in Colorado, in Denver, where the cops beat a guy, turned in their report, and then video evidence emerged. In all those cases, other cops were on the scene and LIED about what happened. The video then showed that they were lying.

So, all you nice cops out there that post here and aren't like that, next time your feelings are hurt about how misunderstood cops are, read some of these defenses of this guy who threated to kill a compliant, non violent guy. Look at his partner's actions and read the people who defend him.

We have to assume for every bad cop caught on video there are ten who weren't caught. And for all of those were ten "good" cops who know about this but aren't doing anything to stop it. That makes a whole lot of cops I can't trust.

I can imagine myself in the middle of a beatdown catching the eye of one of these good cops and appealing for help as he turns his back on me and pretends not to see. Later he'll testify that I resisted, or that he didn't see what happened. And he's a good cop.

These guys are "praying to God" that the cop doesn't lose his job. And everyone makes excuses for rapists and murderers (what an ****ing urban myth THAT is, someone please show me all those imaginary excuses) but the poor cop doesn't get any sympathy. Makes me want to puke.

Cops, why do you put up with this? Why don't you fix it from within? There are two kinds of courage, they taught me in the Army, and both are equally important, physical courage, and moral courage.

From where I sit, police departments are filled with moral cowards.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Has anyone ever seen a video where other cops were going over the line and it caused an argument or an altercation with some other cops there? Even in the beatdowns we see, some officers aren't participating, but they aren't pulling other cops off and getting in their faces.

There have been at least three incidents here in Colorado, in Denver, where the cops beat a guy, turned in their report, and then video evidence emerged. In all those cases, other cops were on the scene and LIED about what happened. The video then showed that they were lying.

So, all you nice cops out there that post here and aren't like that, next time your feelings are hurt about how misunderstood cops are, read some of these defenses of this guy who threated to kill a compliant, non violent guy. Look at his partner's actions and read the people who defend him.

We have to assume for every bad cop caught on video there are ten who weren't caught. And for all of those were ten "good" cops who know about this but aren't doing anything to stop it. That makes a whole lot of cops I can't trust.

I can imagine myself in the middle of a beatdown catching the eye of one of these good cops and appealing for help as he turns his back on me and pretends not to see. Later he'll testify that I resisted, or that he didn't see what happened. And he's a good cop.

These guys are "praying to God" that the cop doesn't lose his job. And everyone makes excuses for rapists and murderers (what an ****ing urban myth THAT is, someone please show me all those imaginary excuses) but the poor cop doesn't get any sympathy. Makes me want to puke.

Cops, why do you put up with this? Why don't you fix it from within? There are two kinds of courage, they taught me in the Army, and both are equally important, physical courage, and moral courage.

Agree 100% :xmad: :xmad:

glockpatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2009
    But there are still PLENTY apologizing for the officer. I reiterate my point: If I can't tell which ones are going to go psycho on me because I'm carrying a gun (or for any reason whatsoever), how can I do anything other than treat ALL of them as potential threats to my life? I don't want to find out AFTER he's taken two steps back and put ten bullets in me. My trust in the police has been completely destroyed. My trust in the system that is supposed to remove officers like this has been completely destroyed, after seeing the Chief and the Prosecutor try to extort the driver into suppressing the evidence. My trust in his fellow officers has been completely destroyed by watching them line up to circle the wagons and start telling everyone that he was probably just having a bad day.

You're asking us to be fair. Who's being fair to US?!?! NO ONE! THERE IS NO ONE LEFT LOOKING OUT FOR OUR BEST INTERESTS. Do you not understand that? The people charged with protecting us consider us AT BEST to be criminals who just haven't been caught yet.

:+1::thumbsup:

Johnson

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Indiana

Dross, I'd rep you again if it would let me. So, so true.

Answer me this; when was the last time you read a news story of a "good" cop who turned in a "bad" cop for this type of behavior? I personally never have. Ever.

All of you "good" cops reading this; have you ever had a "bad" cop turned in by one of your own? Ever?

I'm pretty tired of hearing of the "few" bad apples. Seems to me, based on the brazenness of these incidents and the reactions from police officers on officer.com and the other cop web sites defending this guy, that the "few" are the good cops and the majority are like our YouTube hero. Why else would the few good cops be afraid to speak out to stop this stuff when it happens?

Remember, the Canton PD saw this video and did nothing (except to try to make a deal to drop charges if the victim wouldnt sue). It wasnt until AFTER the video went public that they took action to put the "officer" on paid vacation. Bad cops rule most departments. Prove me wrong.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    WARNING!!! Brothers and sister, you still need to be very careful of how you carry in a vehicle in Ohio. Google up something like "Ohio governor signs new gun laws" and you'll see that there are still some very detailed steps you have to take. The new law that cleans up most of that doesn't take effect until sometime in September. I CAN'T EMPHASIS ENOUGH THAT YOU BETTER READ IT!!

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    WARNING!!! Brothers and sister, you still need to be very careful of how you carry in a vehicle in Ohio. Google up something like "Ohio governor signs new gun laws" and you'll see that there are still some very detailed steps you have to take. The new law that cleans up most of that doesn't take effect until sometime in September. I CAN'T EMPHASIS ENOUGH THAT YOU BETTER READ IT!!

Why don't you be helpful and post links, info? :yesway:

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana

Some of your points are valid. I was just pointing out that there were more stepping up and arguing against the rogue officer's actions. It shows that there is a division in the "ranks", so to speak, which is a good thing. If there were not I would be much more disturbed. This shows that there ARE those attempting to look out for the publics best interest, not "NO ONE LEFT".

Of course we should not rely on others to do it as we should also be looking out for ourselves.

I would try to avoid painting with such a wide brush and make sweeping statements like "NO ONE", "ALWAYS", "EVERYONE". It is: never always no one everytime everywhere forever.

Now I wouldn't say my trust has been "destroyed". Keep in mind that EVERYONE is a potential threat to your life, either intentionally or unknowingly (such as accidents). Some just more so than others.

As such I "trust" that any situation could go bad, and that any one can be a threat to my life at any given moment. Because of this I would endeavor to try to treat each encounter with caution.

This would include encounters with LEOs that could go bad but I would also try to keep from instigating a situation due to any preconceived notions or expectations.

It would be like shooting someone when he walked up to you and said "hello" and he happened to be wearing his "pants on the ground" and you know that EVERYONE who wears their "pants on the ground" is a gangster just waiting to shoot you.

That would be ridiculous and what you should do is be cautious and prepared to defend yourself should the situation escalate beyond the simple "hello".

Now, all that being said.... a major overhaul of the "system" needs to be done. This does not just include law enforcement agencies.

Last edited:

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    This crap ain't hard to find... LEOs make me sick. 2 posts in a row defending the thug.

vtIK1.jpg

Both of these folks are absolutely wrong. If an incident has mentally scarred you so badly that this is how you react to situations of this nature then you should have left LE long ago. I'm not one to casually say "well just get a new job" but this is one of those times. If you can't conduct yourself in a proper manner then you shouldn't be in a position of authority. As I said in my last post, the awful tactics he showed in this video are his own fault so I could care less what prior incident he was involved in. Learn to protect yourself better and learn to handle yourself properly. If anything, those two comments are even more proof that this man should be kicked to the curb. I try to be open-minded and give folks (anyone, not just LE) the benefit of the doubt, but the video says it all.

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN

So sad, but so true!!!

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010

vtIK1.jpg

These two LEOs sound like mothers that are making excuses for these delinquent and rotten kids. Which is fitting because Harless showed the maturity of a child. This guy is a loose cannon and should probably seek more appropriate employment.

orange

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Gary! Not cool.
    Events like those shown and posted about are made possible when the right to bear arms - that means to carry on or about your person, BTW, - including your own personal sidearm, is criminalized by statute into at the least a misdemeanor, if not a felony. It all starts with the codification of a statute requiring a license/permit to bear arms. If you have to apply for permission, you do not have a right. Thus a specifically enumerated, fundamental right is turned into a privilege. That's where the line is crossed. Once signed into law, we are left with haggling over how far the State or its officers can go in piling on additional requirements and restrictions, such as "duty to inform", "can't carry it loaded", etc.
    Kinda off-topic but, absolutely true.

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    The problem is that too many times people try to turn "reasons" into "excuses".

A "reason" is why something happened. An "excuse" is an attempt to absolve oneself of responsibility.

A "reason" needs to be understood. Based on what that fellows "close personal friend" posted on PoliceONE, I can understand the "reason" that the officer "lost it".

However that does not absolve him of the responsibility of his actions.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    The problem is that too many times people try to turn "reasons" into "excuses".

A "reason" is why something happened. An "excuse" is an attempt to absolve oneself of responsibility.

A "reason" needs to be understood. Based on what that fellows "close personal friend" posted on PoliceONE, I can understand the "reason" that the officer "lost it".

However that does not absolve him of the responsibility of his actions.

Even that reason is convoluted. So because you once had to struggle with a bigger perp every gun owner makes you go bat-**** crazy? That guy was PERFECTLY compliant. He never made one threatening word or gesture against either of those officers. I certainly would've put up a fuss about the do-nothing partner crawling around my back seat without my consent. There was nothing about once having to wrestle some big dude who was trying to get your gun that is in any way similar to a sheepish guy sitting in his car informing you, though not right off the bat, that he has a legally concealed handgun, which never left his side or was touched except by officer Jack Boot. If that one incident scarred him SO bad that any encounter with a legal carrier is going to trip his crazy trigger, he better find a new line of work.

Top Bottom