• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Larryjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Portland, IN
    I watched the video several times. This cop is like a little child screaming bloody murder. My opinion is that he is pathetic and criminally liable. The cop assumed the people were in the wrong right off the bat without giving them any benefit of doubt. He told the driver to stay in car when, at least appears, the driver is trying to tell him something immediately then gets irate later because his partner is crawling around in the car with a gun on the guy. Uh, light bulb here, YOU TOLD HIM TO STAY PUT. He later threatens his life and acts like a spoiled little brat even going so far as to say his partner would have been a witness when he "executes" the guy "for being stupid".

This cop should be in jail and at the very least needs help.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    So now this video is popping up all over the place. A stark contrast to the Ohio cop.

I don't know the firearm laws where this was filmed but this LEO handled himself very well. Kudos!

One good cop. [VIDEO]

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    There is so much fail in that video that I am speechless!! Canton PD needs to retrain their officers!! If he was to get mad at some one it should be his own fail!! He is a disgrace to the uniform and badge he wares, He deserves to be punished to the fullest extent of the law!! Wow! Just Wow!!

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    The driver was told to be quite and not talk in the beginning of the video I saw.

That's going to be where he MIGHT be able to skate. Only thing is, you didn't HEAR him be told to be quiet and not talk. That was just his word. It was the caption that said he was told to be quiet, you didn't hear audio of it. Now, I'm not saying at all that I don't believe him, I just think that's going to be the place where an argument could be made either way, as there's no definitive proof for either side.... IF they move forward with charges.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I see charges against the victim being dropped. These idiots in Canton reached into the water and pulled out a Piranha clamped onto their filthy hands and now can't get it off. Seriously, I woke up several times last night and the first thought was the video. It still makes me hot. Has anyone checked the Ohio Right to Carry site to see what they are planning to do in the way protest or support? I know there is a fund for the victims defense.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    That's going to be where he MIGHT be able to skate. Only thing is, you didn't HEAR him be told to be quiet and not talk. That was just his word. It was the caption that said he was told to be quiet, you didn't hear audio of it. Now, I'm not saying at all that I don't believe him, I just think that's going to be the place where an argument could be made either way, as there's no definitive proof for either side.... IF they move forward with charges.

If "there is no definitive proof" whom do you think the judge or jury will believe after watching this video?

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    So now this video is popping up all over the place. A stark contrast to the Ohio cop.

I don't know the firearm laws where this was filmed but this LEO handled himself very well. Kudos!

One good cop. [VIDEO]

The video above should be shown as a training video for all road officers as to how to handle an encounter with a legal gun owner exercising their rights. Unfortunately, unless there is video running of the encounter, I doubt that most would run this smoothly, and as evidenced by this thread, some officers still won't care because they are emboldened by idiotic court decisions that allow almost any behavior out of an officer in the name of "officer safety".

modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    I live in Indiana, but I have to travel into Ohio once a week for school. I have a gun in the glove compartment while I am there. When I go to Ohio to visit my daughter and granddaughters I have one on my person. Believe me when I say if I get pulled over I am going to keep my hands on the steering wheel and tell him I have a gun as soon as I have the chance.

The dialog may go something like this:

Deputy: I'm Deputy Jones with the Darke County Sheriffs Department. Do you know why I pulled you over, sir?
    Me: Because you want to threaten me with bodily harm because I have a gun?
    Officer: You have a gun? Why I ought to pound you...

No. This will be it for real....
    Deputy: I'm Deputy Jones with the Darke County Sheriffs Department. Do you know why I pulled you over, sir?
    Me: I have license to carry a firearm and there is a gun in the car.
    Deputy: Thanks for advising me. We are going to get along so good now that you told me that. I'm starting to really like you, sir? I'm sorry to see that ring on your finger, because my sister is looking for a nice man to settle down with.
    Me: That's the brakes, Deputy.
    Deputy: Hey. I won't give you a ticket since you were so nice. I see that your vehicle has Indiana plates. You must have been on the road for a while.
    Me: Probably about 45 minutes.
    Deputy: You must be tense for all that driving. Do you want me to rub you shoulders for you?
    Me: No thanks, Deputy Jones. The ring says it all.
    Deputy: Well, ok. Drive safely.

Last edited:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

Yep, and just like on officer.com, this one is just as full of apologists for this criminal. There are a few saying "this is not who we are", but there are just as many saying he did nothing wrong and just needs a gentle retraining. So which is it? Judging from the comments, I'd say that for about half of any given force, this is exactly "who you are".

Last edited:

Hayseed_40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Strongbadia
    I live in Indiana, but I have to travel into Ohio once a week for school. I have a gun in the glove compartment while I am there. When I go to Ohio to visit my daughter and granddaughters I have one on my person. Believe me when I say if I get pulled over I am going to keep my hands on the steering wheel and tell him I have a gun as soon as I have the chance.

The dialog may go something like this:

Me: Because you want to threaten me with bodily harm because I have a gun?
    Officer: You have a gun? Why I ought to pound you...

No. This will be it for real....
    Me: I have license to carry a firearm and there is a gun in the car.
    Deputy: Thanks for advising me. We are going to get along so good now that you told me that. I'm starting to really like you, sir? I'm sorry to see that ring on your finger, because my sister is looking for a nice man to settle down with.
    Me: That's the brakes, Deputy.
    Deputy: Hey. I won't give you a ticket since you were so nice. I see that your vehicle has Indiana plates. You must have been on the road for a while.
    Me: Probably about 45 minutes.
    Deputy: You must me tense for all that driving. Do you want me to rub you shoulders for you?
    Me: No thanks, Deputy Jones. The ring tells it all.
    Deputy: Well, ok. Drive safely.

Man, if I had a dime for everytime that has happened to me... Must be the aftershave.

hondatech2k2

Shooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Greenwood
    This is the status quo anymore. The jack wagons like the 2 cops in this video ruin the reputation of the rest of them. Trust me when I say not all cops are like this...BUT sadly it only takes a few incompetent, arrogant, douche bags like this to ruin it for all of them.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    This is the status quo anymore. The jack wagons like the 2 cops in this video ruin the reputation of the rest of them. Trust me when I say not all cops are like this...BUT sadly it only takes a few incompetent, arrogant, douche bags like this to ruin it for all of them.

So...which ones are like him and which ones aren't? When someone comes up with a way for me to identify the dangerous sociopaths from the honest, hard-working non-dangerous types, then we'll be fine. Until then, I must now treat them all as a threat or I put my life and the lives of my family at risk.

Top Bottom