• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Yup!!
    Someone must have tried to blow the whistle on him.
    Looks to me like someone in the "Brass" has been covering/ignoring his actions.
    Sounds like a shakeup is due in the Command Structure there. :rockwoot:

Perhaps they could all share a cell with the officer they let slip, and enjoy his clearly balanced and even temper.

Hoosier9mm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2011
    Noblesville
    Eye opening

I saw the whole 17 min video on YouTube. WOW, this really makes me distrust police officers. I know most police officers are good patriots but some are monsters that are no better than the criminals.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I just had a chance to watch the whole video and I'm still having a hard time believing that someone would act that way in public. I've seen drunks and people impaired by other chemicals behave badly, but that was just bad. Inexcusable bad.

That guy is clearly threatened by regular people being able to carry guns and that kind of rage is irrational.

I'm also wondering if the other police officer will face any charges or disciplinary action. He didn't actively participate, but he certainly let it happen without any kind of objection. That's inexcusable as well.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    The case has been set for a hearing on motions to suppress and dismiss:
    08-02-2011 SUPPRESSION/ DISMISSAL HEARING SET FOR 08-08-2011 @ 2:30 PM

THAT will be interesting.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    The case has been set for a hearing on motions to suppress and dismiss:
    08-02-2011 SUPPRESSION/ DISMISSAL HEARING SET FOR 08-08-2011 @ 2:30 PM

THAT will be interesting.

If there is justice in this case, the judge will laugh the idea of a dismissal right on out of his courtroom.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Wow, I just spend the last few hours reading this entire thread...I need a stiff drink.:):

jpjQn.png

Where in the hell did you find that? All I can say is :n00b:

Oh, great. We'll have to start calling him Officer Farva.

He'll punchasize your face for free.

I'm sorry that one of your brothers has done something so heinous that I can no longer trust any cop. I'm sorry that I'm not allowed to have an opinion of my own. I'm sorry I protected cops and stood up for you for three years here on INGO. I'm sorry you bailed on me when people started calling me "traitor" and "ass-kisser" and threatened me when I stood up for you and I needed your support the most. You vanished completely when I needed you to back me up, and still I stood up for you. And now that you're doing it again, I'm not even slightly surprised. Have you ever called ME "brother"? No? I didn't think so. I'm sorry I ever trusted you.

Was that quote from a PM or from this thread(I'm just wondering who said it and if it was a PM I understand the anonymity)?

Or

"Here's your orange jumpsuit, here's your trashbag, here's the side of the highway. Don't make any sudden moves because I've got the shotgun."

Exactly.

The sad part is that these are only two examples of this type of behavior that have surfaced on tape. Given the time span and the similarity of the two tapes, I'd say it's reasonable to assume he's behaved this way many other times. There are probably many others out there who have put up with the same kind of treatment from this person. At least it's been exposed and he can be sent packing.

It's also sad that people not only don't know their rights, but also don't realize there are plenty of departments out there that wouldn't tolerate this behavior if a complaint was filed...Obviously not Canton PD, but they are out there.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Also, a hearing has been set for 9/16 that may decide whether the criminal case against the gun owner gets dismissed.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Hmmm

Under the police union contract, procedures must be followed in a disciplinary matter, he said. Harless was put on paid administrative leave in June and more recently went on sick leave.

Harless is using his allotted and accumulated sick days, which is paid time off work, McKimm said.

The chief declined to comment specifically on the reason for the sick days, citing department policy and privacy issues.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Here is my semi-educated guess: in most places, you don't get paid your sick days after you quit/are fired. I suspect the officer sees the writing on the wall and knows his days are numbered. The Department is giving him a break and letting him burn through all the non-compensable time available. There may even be an understanding that he will resign once it has run out. That would save the County prosecutor a hit, too, in that they would have good cover to dismiss since the officer doesn't work there anymore.

Again, that's speculation.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Here is my semi-educated guess: in most places, you don't get paid your sick days after you quit/are fired. I suspect the officer sees the writing on the wall and knows his days are numbered. The Department is giving him a break and letting him burn through all the non-compensable time available. There may even be an understanding that he will resign once it has run out. That would save the County prosecutor a hit, too, in that they would have good cover to dismiss since the officer doesn't work there anymore.

Again, that's speculation.

Makes sense..

Top Bottom