• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Either getting fired or if he resigns, will still leave a loose cannon on the prowl. I bet we have not heard the last of this gentleman!!!!
    A rogue LE is one of the most dangerous people out there. The power of the city and state is behind his badge. If you resist you had better be in a life or death situation. On the other hand once his badge is gone his power is gone. So what if he is big, bad, armed or all three? Now if he messes with someone he is liable to get his head caved or worse. All bullies fold when they loose their advantage. I would not be afraid of him.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Betcha he gets off scott-free by retiring under disability with that PTSD diagnosis before the hearing. Full pension, LEOSA, the works. Betcha.

newtothis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    Betcha he gets off scott-free by retiring under disability with that PTSD diagnosis before the hearing. Full pension, LEOSA, the works. Betcha.

Yeah, it certainly is a possibility. Look at C.W. Jensen, he threatened to sue the city of Portland and fmr Mayor Katz (He had been fired in 2004 for displaying a pattern of "deceptive behavior", such as filing false meal expenses and making contradictory statements to various Police Psychologists and therapists) and as a result was able to retire with his pension at his former rank of Captain.

I think if he keeps his mouth shut and gets the FOP backing, that the dept might just sweep it under the rug (although they might not).

:dunno:

Last edited:

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    Yeah the spin doctors were busy on this one. What is really revolting is that the Police Union is supporting him. In this case, they should protect his rights but to go along with this is crazy.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    He has a right to a speedy trial by jury.

True, but only if there've actually been criminal charges filed against him. I could be wrong, but I haven't actually seen anything close to that happening yet. At this point, it's only about whether or not he keeps his job.

It would be nice if they'd file criminal charges against him without considering the employment part.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    True, but only if there've actually been criminal charges filed against him. I could be wrong, but I haven't actually seen anything close to that happening yet. At this point, it's only about whether or not he keeps his job.

It would be nice if they'd file criminal charges against him without considering the employment part.

I was just thinking that's the only right that should be of interest to us at this point, but we all know it won't happen.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Court Docket

The guy's motion to dismiss was denied, along with a motion to compel some evidence. It isn't clear what evidence he was trying to get, but I suspect it was the officer's personnel file or something like that.

One odd thing:

THIS RAISES THE ISSUE OF WHETHER THE OFFICER HAD PROBABLE CAUSE TO MAKE THE ARREST, AN ISSUE WHICH IS PREMATURE FOR THIS COURT TO ADDRESS. THE COURT IS THEREFORE UNABLE TO ADJUDICATE THIS ISSUE AT THIS TIME.
    [FONT=&quot]

I've never practiced in Ohio, but if a suppression hearing is too early to address probable cause, I wonder when the right time is? It looks like you wait and raise it at trial? That seems a waste.

But, it looks like he'll get his day in court.

[/FONT]

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Another update to the docket:
    11-07-2011 STATE'S MOTION TO AMEND CRIMINAL COMPLAINT. FILED BY PROSECUTOR JENNIFER FITZSIMMONS

Doesn't show what she amended the complaint to... wonder if it was "loitering" or something....

Top Bottom