• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sgood

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    West Newton
    Wait. He said people in his city are asking to be protected?

1) They're getting guns and concealed carry permits. Why would they do this if the police were doing a good job "protecting?"
    2) As the video shows, I think people would rather not be protected after all, thank you very much.

Always been my thought..........if i wanted to call a prick with a gun (LEO), i would save myself call......there is already one on scene, ME

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    So, according to their council president, the rebellious and dissatisfied attitude was expressed owing to the fact that those who expressed this dissatisfaction have weapons and are able to protect themselves.

Um...working as intended YOU BLOODY IMBECILE.

diverdown219

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    N.W. IN
    I guess they have had problems in Canton before

Posted by cmpranger6 on Saturday, July 23, 2011 08:37 PM Pacific Report Abuse
    p1_icon.jpg
    Good points are posted. The door open and he is standing between it and the driver? The man out of the car facing the officer? I could not hear what the man said nor what the officer asked him. He didn't appear combative. Perhaps, he realized what could have happened. The word 'gun' and the heart pumps and adrenalin raises the 'threat level' in his view. That said, I take issue with this officer's conduct. TRAINING, TRAINING, TRAINING!
    Canton has had some major incidents where a Captain killed his wife, an officer killed his girlfriend & their unborn child in front of their other son, a toddler. Hothead officers, use of force issues, mentals, unethical, crude, officers posting themselves masturbating on the web, raping, stealing, and other behaviors: How do they get hired? But, again, Training, training, training!
    There is no lack of new recruits of all ages, to fill these positions. We have lowered our standards and requirements. Open enrollment?! Surely there are good cadets from open enrollment, but how many tests, psych exams, PT, background checks, & neighborhood visits have these O.E.cadets completed? No longer is a Chief's "sponsorship letter" required from a cadet who did not test to be hired at a PD and wants to pay for it him/herself. They argue with the instructors, some have threatened commanders, & are the same profiles that cause havoc in the CJ programs in Colleges/Universities, in the communities, and end up on news!Training! More ritalin, please!

Last edited:

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    These types of responses, while perhaps understandable, are just as irritating as the conduct of this loser LEO. The place to right this type of wrong is in a courtroom. By-standers witnessing this episode would have no right or reason to intervene and would surely deserve prosecution for doing so.

You should seek to join the IN court of appeals with beliefs like that since they, too, just recently decided that you have no right to resist an illegal entry of the police into your home.

If a cop is illegally injuring a person WITHOUT any justification (besides the one they make up to cover their actions) then they are no longer any different than any other CRIMINAL. IN law allows us to intervene in defense of a third party. Why should that be any different just because the BG is a cop?

Fair warning: :soapbox:

From the way the (hopefully soon to be once and former) officer was acting, I can say I'm honestly surprised that he didn't in fact beat or do worse to the driver. I'd also say that this one officer's actions have undoubtedly increased feelings of hostility and mistrust in many, many people.

However, the borderline (?) insane actions of one idiot should NEVER be used to judge EVERY person in that field, no matter what field it may be. Ever had to deal with a lousy landscaper or plumber, or even with a bad lawyer, judge or cop?? Is everyone in each of those professions an incompetent, dangerously rabid animal that should be thrown behind bars for ever and ever???

Howling for the blood of all people in a profession because they don't actively shun that one idiot fast enough or vehemently enough is at best just an emotional over-reaction and at worst a clear sign of not thinking things through.

Would anybody ever want to face this scenario where their life is in the hands of an out of control officer--NO!! But how many times, in today's age of information overkill, do people have to face this kind of scenario?? Often enough to rebel against ALL officers EVERYWHERE who are doing their duties as best they can? Unless that really IS the case, perhaps we would be better off waiting for due process (remember the phrase "innocent until proven guilty"??) takes its course...and get upset and vocal if justice is NOT served.

Any two people can ALWAYS find a reason to hate each other--the trick is in overlooking those reasons so we can live with each other without hating those around us!

I have a couple of problems with your above :soapbox:

First, as has been pointed out, plumbers & landscapers don’t have the authority backed by the state to take away you liberty or life or completely ruin you financially as cops can. If they did then we would be “howling for their blood”, too, for any similarly egregious breach of the publics’ trust.

Second, I think it’s safe to say that the majority here are all for “due process” in dealing with this officer. I dare say that most here simply want the cop to be treated by the system the same way WE would be treated if we had taken similar actions against another person. As a matter of fact, I think we are most upset that THAT DIDN’T HAPPEN in this case.

How many of us non-LEO’s would have gotten a 1 month paid vacation with no arrest or jail time for threatening to execute another person for “being stupid” while we were armed?

At a minimum that cop & his accomplice should have been arrested & been required to post bail (or not as the situation deserves) just like any of us “commoners” would have had done to us.

Not trying to be obnoxious here, but even though I'm still a nube, I've seen several instances of the "us versus them" flag being waved in many different threads, when what started it all was a single instance or action by a single person. I'm just trying (probably unsuccessfully, I guess) to get folks to look at this as what it is--a single case where one (arguably two) LEO(s) went WAY off the deep end, and should reap all the ill effects legally due him (them?) for doing so. I've got NO problem with one or both officers never wearing a badge again because of their recorded actions on the video, but I despise the inclination among many to make it an all or nothing situation involving dislike/mistrust/shunning/etc. involved in that "us versus them" mindset.

The “us vs them” attitude wasn’t started by law-abiding citizens being upset about the cops treating real criminals with required professionalism in executing the duties (oops, bad choice of words there, huh?).

Like others have said, most people have been taught ever since they were kids to “trust the police, they are here to help us”. That idea of trust has been ingrained into us.

So, I have to ask, what has changed?

Again, it doesn’t make sense that the average person would be suddenly so distrustful of the police who we supposedly pay to protect us if they were in fact doing that job correctly. There are several people just on this board (many in fact) who still have that internal struggle with “I want to be able to trust the police to do the right thing & I know many of them do but it’s not worth it to trust any of them completely because I’ve SEEN how others have been treated who have.”

No, the “us vs them” was started by the law enforcement community who started seeing EVERY interaction with non-LEO’s as a confrontation even when it didn’t need to be.

My family has had a few interactions with the police recently in which we were the victims but WE were treated as if WE were the BG’s. Well, you know what? Screw that! I don’t need to be treated like a criminal when I’m calling to report a real crime. It wasn’t MY actions that caused me to distrust the police. It was theirs.

Just remember.
    The people posting on that Forum are no more speaking for every LEO than you are able to speak for every gun owner here.

True. But unfortunately it does show that the fear & distrust that people have of “the police” is legitimate. Those are the ones all of you others have to thank for making your jobs harder.

He was reprimanded in one 2003 case. Harless and another officer were exonerated of using excessive force, but were given a letter of reprimand for not activating the in-car video camera at the scene per department policy.

Hmm…

I wonder why they were exonerated? Maybe it was because they conveniently LEFT THE CAMERA OFF before they used excessive force so there was no evidence? I guess turning the camera off this time just slipped their minds.

Just to level the field and show you that I get it from both sides, I'm now taking crap from at least two cops, both of which have now claimed that they've quit the board as a result of me publicly condemning that criminal officer.

My opinion is if they can’t handle criticism of an obviously rogue cop in this situation then we are probably better off with them not here.

Consider the source & realize it’s not YOU who has the problem. It’s THEM.

Good riddance.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    OK.. Sgood has now been given a permanent vacation by me. I guess the temporary one wasn't good enough.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Ode to a Shooter

Shooter, oh Shooter, where have you gone?
    Why aren’t you posting so provocative and bold?
    You must be at work, or out mowing the lawn
    Or are you sitting at your keyboard, alone and so cold?
    Once you were a Grandmaster or maybe a Plinker
    Trolling your line, you reeled them all in
    Laughing when they were banned for calling you a stinker
    Don’t cry, little Shooter, stop mowing and go back within
    Don’t drown your sorrows drinking pitchers at Hooters
    Surf on over and create your new account on Indiana Shooter

I have to spread it around before I can rep this...this is beautiful :(

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    OK.. Sgood has now been given a permanent vacation by me. I guess the temporary one wasn't good enough.

I can't imagine why, he was a valuable member and his insight will be missed. (Think purple)

Ps - Spasmo (my phone auto corrected to spam Lol) you forgot your smiley. :)

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Hey guys...I read this earlier but didn't have time to retrieve the link or go back and read all the comments.....but here is the actual video in question if it hasn't been posted already...
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kassP7zI0qc&feature=player_detailpage[/ame]

jrm400

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Hobart
    Just saw the video! Oh Man!

This kind of stuff is unacceptable. What can the public do when law officers become gangsters? Thanks for the dash cam in this case. The police officer seems to feel he is right about his behavior too. I wonder how much of this goes on unreported and undocumented.

Top Bottom