• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • megiddo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Post a link to the Christian Liberty Guards. Interested but never heard of them.

New group formed about 3-4 months ago.The youtube channel you found my vids on is the CLG channel and the link to the website is there also.

You can also find em on myspace.

myspace.com/christianlibertyguards

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Law Enforcement exists to enforce existing laws. I'd have been happier if they let you go and continued OCing.

POTI

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    If he put his hands on you without cause, you my friend have a complaint to file.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Give me the bullhorn and ill take point!!

I would like to call your attention to a little movement happening here in Indianapolis spurred by events such as yours....

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...c_event_in_indy_stand_up_for_your_rights.html

I am organizing a little OC Walk here in Downtown Indy. As a matter of fact we just had a meeting tonight about the route downtown that we'll take. We discussed your little incident and I must say had I been you, I'd probably went to jail. I'm very respectful of LEO's that I encounter because I understand their job is stressful, to say the least. In your case, the moment they grabbed my arm like that, there's NO way I would have been so nice. Keep my gun in my car? Conceal it? I don't think so. I would have let him check me out, make sure I'm not illegally (???) carrying, and then continued to OC.

I too OC every day everywhere I go. I don't mind them checking my LTCH but I do mind them hassling me more than needed.

It was suggested to have an OC Walk up in Valpo. I'd be up for the drive to help the cause. I don't know about the bullhorn, but I'll take up point right beside you!

Also, are you part of the Tea Party Patriots? Do you know about their Meetup website? I think you might find it interesting.

I know,i know...laugh it up.You might find with a little research its not so far fetched.

YouTube - FACEBOOK: Federal Human Data Mining Program

Trust me, I know about the social network data mining :bs: they use. They use it not just there, but here, and every other forum, search engine, and practically everytime you log on to the internet everything you go to is recorded and tracked. Welcome to the digital age. They've been doing this for a decade or so now.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Pardon me if i didnt catch the sarcasm.

You will find I fight for open carry often. My point was that the officer wanted you to stop open carrying because it wasn't "safe." And they told you to carry in your belt. Which is much LESS safe than what you were already doing.

Ignorant.

megiddo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    You will find I fight for open carry often. My point was that the officer wanted you to stop open carrying because it wasn't "safe." And they told you to carry in your belt. Which is much LESS safe than what you were already doing.

Ignorant.

Yea i see what your saying.I offered to conceal because i had no intent to disrupt these officers day.They are good people doing their jobs but i think maybe they just need to not be so quick to get physical.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    You don't need to justify what you did to me. I am not here to arm chair quarterback your situation.

Thank you for what you do.

megiddo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I would like to call your attention to a little movement happening here in Indianapolis spurred by events such as yours....

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...c_event_in_indy_stand_up_for_your_rights.html

I am organizing a little OC Walk here in Downtown Indy. As a matter of fact we just had a meeting tonight about the route downtown that we'll take. We discussed your little incident and I must say had I been you, I'd probably went to jail. I'm very respectful of LEO's that I encounter because I understand their job is stressful, to say the least. In your case, the moment they grabbed my arm like that, there's NO way I would have been so nice. Keep my gun in my car? Conceal it? I don't think so. I would have let him check me out, make sure I'm not illegally (???) carrying, and then continued to OC.

I too OC every day everywhere I go. I don't mind them checking my LTCH but I do mind them hassling me more than needed.

It was suggested to have an OC Walk up in Valpo. I'd be up for the drive to help the cause. I don't know about the bullhorn, but I'll take up point right beside you!

Also, are you part of the Tea Party Patriots? Do you know about their Meetup website? I think you might find it interesting.

Trust me, I know about the social network data mining :bs: they use. They use it not just there, but here, and every other forum, search engine, and practically everytime you log on to the internet everything you go to is recorded and tracked. Welcome to the digital age. They've been doing this for a decade or so now.

Well as another member here said you must pick your battles wisely and jail is not my idea of a great time and nor is a taser.Believe me the first reaction when someone grabs me is defensive but this was not that type of situation.After my video ran out of footage time when the officers let me go they told me i could open carry if i wanted but i chose not to out of respect.

I would be up for an oc walk for sure.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Well as another member here said you must pick your battles wisely and jail is not my idea of a great time and nor is a taser.Believe me the first reaction when someone grabs me is defensive but this was not that type of situation.After my video ran out of footage time when the officers let me go they told me i could open carry if i wanted but i chose not to out of respect.

I would be up for an oc walk for sure.

Absolutely understandable. I respect the course of action you took, I just wouldn't have complied so easily though. There's no way I would have concealed. To each their own though! :)

If there's enough interest for an OC Walk up there I'll gladly attend! I'll leave the planning for that one up to someone else though. Not my area. :thumbsup:

teknickle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    God's Country
    (sorry for threadjack here)
    I would gauge that most of the populace is uninformed, and yet they are so expert that they immediately call what they do not understand a 'conspiracy' or that you 'wear a tinfoil hat'.
    Fact is, the monitoring systems have around MUCH longer than 10 years.
    Heck, I personally installed and monitored corporate email/web content filtering and monitoring back in the late 90's.
    It became so commonplace that a law was passed IIRC 1999 that you had to have signed consent (by way of signing a corporate communications policy) or the employee could sue you for $10,000 for monitoring them without consent.

Gov't monitoring systems, however, started with phones/faxes with the Echelon network that spans 5 nations (before I was born).
    Couple with that the CALEA act pushed by Janet Reno under Clinton administration forced all top tier ISP's (BBNplanet, UUnet, MCI, ATT, Sprint and ANS) to upgrade their core layer-3 switches. They were already monitoring traffic, but the 'upgrade' transitioned to a system that allowed more fluid remote monitoring and intervention (govt use without involvement of the ISP's engineers or admins).
    The public knows NOTHING of what goes on until it is old, old history.
    Same thing with Scramjet engines. Top secret for decades and now declassified and info is public. Because they are antiques.

I also think it funny how easily people are impressed when I go in to audit. I pull out my cheap $90 probe and broadcast audio from the wires that I am more than 12" from even touching in their telco closet (that isn't for actual data collection,just demonstration of how easy it is to tap conversations without physically touching wires).
    You really raise eyebrows when I open my subnotebook and nab random traffic off their data network (exposes all logon challenge/responses, web, data, etc). Then I can reconstruct the VoIP packets and play back to them the captured voice conversations (while I am just sitting in their normal office setting and not tapping the PBX at all).
    Or stand outside a building with a high-gain antenna on my laptop and connect to their 'secure' network to show them not just what websites their employees are visiting but what they are posting and receiving.
    And I am nobody.
    Any 15 year old kid who has spent any time on the Internet can figure out how to do the same things without spending $2,500 on monitoring software.

Now I ask everyone just use a little imagination to think what can be accomplished with a shadow budget of hundreds of millions of dollars.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Sounds like fun. I remember being 16 ('97) and thought I was cool for making free payphone calls, or when I was 8 and we got our first Commadore 64 and my dad's buddy showed me how easy writing programs for that was... :):

They been tracking people like us's movements and such since we picked up a gun. God Bless the USA. :patriot:

megiddo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    (sorry for threadjack here)
    I would gauge that most of the populace is uninformed, and yet they are so expert that they immediately call what they do not understand a 'conspiracy' or that you 'wear a tinfoil hat'.
    Fact is, the monitoring systems have around MUCH longer than 10 years.
    Heck, I personally installed and monitored corporate email/web content filtering and monitoring back in the late 90's.
    It became so commonplace that a law was passed IIRC 1999 that you had to have signed consent (by way of signing a corporate communications policy) or the employee could sue you for $10,000 for monitoring them without consent.

Gov't monitoring systems, however, started with phones/faxes with the Echelon network that spans 5 nations (before I was born).
    Couple with that the CALEA act pushed by Janet Reno under Clinton administration forced all top tier ISP's (BBNplanet, UUnet, MCI, ATT, Sprint and ANS) to upgrade their core layer-3 switches. They were already monitoring traffic, but the 'upgrade' transitioned to a system that allowed more fluid remote monitoring and intervention (govt use without involvement of the ISP's engineers or admins).
    The public knows NOTHING of what goes on until it is old, old history.
    Same thing with Scramjet engines. Top secret for decades and now declassified and info is public. Because they are antiques.

I also think it funny how easily people are impressed when I go in to audit. I pull out my cheap $90 probe and broadcast audio from the wires that I am more than 12" from even touching in their telco closet (that isn't for actual data collection,just demonstration of how easy it is to tap conversations without physically touching wires).
    You really raise eyebrows when I open my subnotebook and nab random traffic off their data network (exposes all logon challenge/responses, web, data, etc). Then I can reconstruct the VoIP packets and play back to them the captured voice conversations (while I am just sitting in their normal office setting and not tapping the PBX at all).
    Or stand outside a building with a high-gain antenna on my laptop and connect to their 'secure' network to show them not just what websites their employees are visiting but what they are posting and receiving.
    And I am nobody.
    Any 15 year old kid who has spent any time on the Internet can figure out how to do the same things without spending $2,500 on monitoring software.

Now I ask everyone just use a little imagination to think what can be accomplished with a shadow budget of hundreds of millions of dollars.

well said sir.

teknickle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    God's Country
    Sounds like fun. I remember being 16 ('97) and thought I was cool for making free payphone calls, or when I was 8 and we got our first Commadore 64 and my dad's buddy showed me how easy writing programs for that was... :):

They been tracking people like us's movements and such since we picked up a gun. God Bless the USA. :patriot:
    Phone phreaking and the whole phrack and 2600 scene was really interesting. Especially as it lead into start of the online BBS's. (anyone want to trade something for a 2400baud Hayes full-length 8bit ISA card ...STILL in the box with programming manuals?? anyone? anyone?)
    IIRC it was around 1994 that GTE in Elkhart County began moving off analog to digital switches. Rendered all the colors of boxes useless.

For anyone that didn't know how easy that was to hack phone systems, read up on a guy named Captain Crunch. He was famous for being able to just toot tones off a plastic whistle from a box of Captain Crunch cereal.
    He could not only make all free calls, but would run parallel trunks across the country (simultaneously running the call through 2 different routed circuit paths) which created a strange echo in the line.
    He spent time in jail for that.
    Geez. For some reason, that just now jogged my memory to Captain Midnight, the satellite/cable TV hacker that broadcast his own message after commandeering HBO (iirc).
    Back when people didn't hack for money and espionage. Much simpler times.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Next step?

Back on subject here....

What do you want to do to follow up about this? You said the officer's name was Simmons? He was from Valpo PD and not county? You should file a complaint and we all should chip in writing letters.

We need to make sure their policy is not to treat someone as "Guilty until proven Innocent." We need to make sure they acknowledge that their job is only to enforce laws that are already written, not enforce their idea of how things should be. We need them to understand that it was entirely inappropriate for that officer to put his hands on you without first asking if you would merely comply willingly. We need them to understand that their actions are being closely watched by a ton of law-abiding people. We need them to understand the US Constitution and that it contains a "Bill of Rights, not a Bill of Privileges."

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    I would make a trip to Valpo for an OC walk.
    Also I was thinking that maybe we should put together an info packet together for all of the Indiana Police Chiefs.
    List some of the OC encounters people have had and ask them to convey the law and proper procedures, to their officers, to avoid having a bad encounter.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I would make a trip to Valpo for an OC walk.
    Also I was thinking that maybe we should put together an info packet together for all of the Indiana Police Chiefs.
    List some of the OC encounters people have had and ask them to convey the law and proper procedures, to their officers, to avoid having a bad encounter.

+1. That deserves its own thread.

Top Bottom