• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ZachJ03

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    Grant Co.
    CSS is going to sell a VEPR12 aluminum replacement rail. According to the Russian guy i mentioned earlier the plastic rails can shift and deform while being put on the cover. The AL rail negates this phenomenon. I can't imagine it'd be more than a few bucks if it's that deep to you. I do feel bad for you guys.

Well after MAA asked for my address to schedule a pickup to send my V12 to Mach1 arsenal, I haven't heard back from them. I wouldn't be opposed to just getting the AL rail myself and installing it (instead of having them "bend" it to correct the current rail). I guess I could just touch up the finishing flaw on my barrel too.

devil07

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    East Side Indy
    CSS is going to sell a VEPR12 aluminum replacement rail. According to the Russian guy i mentioned earlier the plastic rails can shift and deform while being put on the cover. The AL rail negates this phenomenon. I can't imagine it'd be more than a few bucks if it's that deep to you. I do feel bad for you guys.
    The idea of having to fix a brand new gun kinda irks me. Especially when it's an obvious QC issue. What else might be wrong? If I was told to send the gun to ___ and it would be fixed/replaced, then game on. However, the 'bubba-gunsmith' type of fix I was offered did not appeal to me. The role I was purchasing this thing to fill, may not actually materialize.

Regardless, whether it was due to principle, lingering buyer's remorse, or whatever. I already elected the refund.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Don't get me wrong, I understand you being upset and opting for a refund. But the "bubba" fix they offered is kind of what makes an AK great. The dust cover is simply sheet metal, which is very easy to shape. Unless it was riveted on sideways, I'm confident that it could be done well.

Personally, If I were to mount optics, I would prefer an Eccentric rail or Ultimak. Considerably more robust, especially considering the recoil of a shotgun. Then again, I mostly shoot buckshot so pin point accuracy is not much of an issue.

dwoodul

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2012
    Hey everyone. First post. Really am enjoying this site. Picked up my Vepr 12 last week and the dust cover was a tad crooked - not the rail but the cover itself - no worries. Also ordered the Bonesteel folding stock and just installed it and it fits and works great. Be aware that after you remove the Tapco stock's 2 screws you will have a hard time getting the stock out as it is in there real tight. Had to bang the hell out of it with a rubber malot and screwdriver to get it out but it WILL come out. Removed the pistol grip getting ready for a Hogue grip and found the pistol grip's screw and bushing were stripped so ordered and new screw and bushing from Mississippi Arms. Ordered a couple of 10-round mags as they are in now. Anyway, will post pictures later. Haven't shot it yet. May be a couple of weeks when I take my boys (well, men - 23 and 20) out to shoot the Saiga, Vepr, Mossberg 500 and 590A1 - a shotgun fest.

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    Well, I got mine sighted in today! Took it out and put some slugs and some birdshot through it. Winchester Super X slugs cycled fine, but on the second mag, the bolt didn't lock open on the last round. I burned through 50 rounds of light birdshot (federal target) and they cycled great and locked open every time. I think the slugs will lock open fine now. Just needed a little break in time. Love the feel of it and is a smooth shooter. Trigger is smoothing out. My goal is to take a deer with it this year. :woot:

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Took the V12 out today for some more ammo testing.

I took a 100 round Winchester value pack from wally world, which is the nemesis of my S12.

Im happy to report that the V12 ran 98%. I wish it was 100% but I did have to failures to eject. One was a stove pipe, and the 2nd one I think it failed to pick up the next shell OR it didn't fully extract the spent shell and it got jammed into the extractor slot.

The only other issue was the LRBHO only activated about 50% of the time. I think I can improve this with a different recoil spring which I plan to order tonight or tomorrow.

Overall Im very happy with it. My S12 was lucky to make it through a mag with out at least one failure to eject from this ammo, but would feed Federal bulk fairly well. Also, this makes for 175 rounds through the shotgun with NO cleaning, and it still cycles with no problem. This is approaching the upper limit of the S12 before it starts to have feeding issues. Im going to keep going with no cleaning until I find a problem, if there is one.

More trials to follow. I just hope my 10 round mags show up some time soon. This shoot 5 and reload crap is getting old ;)

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I was able to take mine out this past weekend and still can't get the smile off my face. Again, this is the first "saiga" I've owned and even shot.

I was shooting both the Federal bulk pack and Winchester Super X game loads. Had a few issues with the Federal not ejecting completely, but the Winchester ran spotless and the LRBHO worked every time for me.

This thing is a weapon of mass destruction. I love it...

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I ordered 2 of the Russian 8 round mags from Atlantic and got the time to try them out. One is 100% with Federal, Winchester, Rio, Fiocchi, and Noblesport... slugs, buck, and birdshot.

the other one? :noway: total. fail. It appears that the body of the mag is out of spec and is allowing the rim of the shell to jump out of the groove/track that it’s supposed to ride in. this causes the mag to jam and requires disassembly of the mag to clear. It happened consistently (every ef-ing time), and with four brands and 3 types of ammo.:(

I've emailed Atlantic about exchanging it...

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    it appears there is a different version coming out. The video vitamink posted is of Wolf Performance Arms showing off the V12 w/ the correct tubular folding stock that has been welded in the open position.

Better? well, not really, just more correct to how they are in Russia.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Video is private... :xmad:

Damnit, i swear it worked when i posted it. I've tried to find another version, but there isn't any. As clay said, it's the exact same thing as the current V12 just with the tube "ace looking" stock with the cheek pad welded in the open position. Apparently 2 min with a dremel fixes that.

The video was from WPA. I'm still checking my options about getting a tiny bit of rail welded to my gas block...any suggestions?

Mammy, that sucks about the saiga mag. I hope they fix that. I've never had any issue with a russian rock-n-lock, i'm surprised to hear QC was lacking.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    I *think* this is the stock it would come with, only welded in the open position.

I believe the UK has received similar variants, and the reports I have heard state that it is not just a tack weld.

file.php

Someone correct me if that is the wrong stock, but when I watched the video before it went private - I am pretty sure that was on the one he was handling.

I have seen a few cooler setups - but having the actual Molot stock would be cool... it being welded into the open position kind of defeats the purpose, though....

It will be interesting to see if prices rise on the second shipments....

Top Bottom