• ...and so much more!
  • vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Did anyone buy one that is remotely close to Bloomington? I need to play with one first, before I drop all my fun money on Dragunov mods for my VEPR 54R.

Stains and i are talking about a Vepr shoot. Once we figure something out you can come along we're in Indy so that'll be a 40min drive.

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    Let me know, I may make the drive. Not in a Fiero, but still...
    no Fiero? hokay..

You-shall-not-pass-sign.jpeg

USMCgrahambo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2010
    Had my vepr for about 2 weeks now. Haven't fired it yet because if time restraints. Seems solid as an ox I'm just gonna throw on a collapsing stock, agk01 brake and couple 10 round mags and. I'll be perfectly content.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    how much cant are you guys worried about? Both of mine have just a little bit. The one I finally picked up from Atlantic is worse than the one from MAA, but still minimal.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I don't think I'll mess with mine. Hoping to take it out to the range again this coming weekend. I tried to get some picks showing my slight cant, but it's tough. Sorry for so many similar pics, but wanted to show it effectively...

VEPR-12.jpg

Rail.jpg

Rail4.jpg

Rail3.jpg

Rail2.jpg

I am not sure I need much beyond a tough red dot for this tank. I think the rail as is can serve as the base for that...

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    I don't think I'll mess with mine. Hoping to take it out to the range again this coming weekend.

I am not sure I need much beyond a tough red dot for this tank. I think the rail as is can serve as the base for that...

i think ill be going with a vortex spark. and please enlighten me as to why i see no muzzle brake / device / flash hider / whatever ya wanna call it? :popcorn:

recoil alone with one is unreal. i can only imagine what one without is like. :n00b:

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    please enlighten me as to why i see no muzzle brake / device / flash hider / whatever ya wanna call it?

This is exactly how I received mine. It has a simple "cap-like" cover over the threading. Haven't had it off, but I don't think it's an actual choke.

Is this not how others received theirs? Or were you saying that I need a muzzle brake on it? I already know this...;)

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    Or were you saying that I need a muzzle brake on it? I already know this...;)
    :thumbsup:

honestly, i bought one off ebay for like 30 bucks. and it works. /shrug. not sure about dropping a bill on a tromix. :spend:

but oh well. the stock on mine from Atlantic HAS TO GO. my god it is awful.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    last I heard they were just waiting on SGM to get the magazines right and then would ship them. SGM was very close a couple of weeks ago and said they just had some minor tweeking to do.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Here is the response I just got from Kevin @ SGM:

"should have another sample/prototype tomorrow or friday. if everything works we will start shipping middle of next week."

:)

devil07

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    East Side Indy
    Well, just got off the phone with MAA. They offered 2 choices to address the canted sight rail 1) they call my FFL to have it returned and refund my $$ 2) I receive the firearm and ship it to the company that imported them for warranty service. The nice lady on the phone even stated that the rail would only be bent make, an imperfect fix (or something to that effect). I appreciated her honesty.

I chose to the return/refund option. Now I just need to convince the boss to left the $$ stay spent on firearms...

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Well, just got off the phone with MAA. They offered 2 choices to address the canted sight rail 1) they call my FFL to have it returned and refund my $$ 2) I receive the firearm and ship it to the company that imported them for warranty service. The nice lady on the phone even stated that the rail would only be bent make, an imperfect fix (or something to that effect). I appreciated her honesty.

I chose to the return/refund option. Now I just need to convince the boss to left the $$ stay spent on firearms...

I WISH THEY OFFERED ME A REFUND FROM ATLANTIC!

CSS is going to sell a VEPR12 aluminum replacement rail. According to the Russian guy i mentioned earlier the plastic rails can shift and deform while being put on the cover. The AL rail negates this phenomenon. I can't imagine it'd be more than a few bucks if it's that deep to you. I do feel bad for you guys.

Top Bottom