• ...and so much more!
  • mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    Posted from phone, be gentle.
    I was originally going to radius the tab; after taking it out for the first time I'm thinking of grinding it flush... I want to keep the manual of arms as close to an AK as possible. I'm not going to do anything till I shoot it a lot more, but I'm pretty sure the tab will get some attention in one way or another.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    I would call it a rail. Its the exact same rail that Molot puts on all the Veprs for miliitary, civi, or export, which means it is perfectly fine for hard use, as long as its not canted of course.

ZachJ03

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    Grant Co.
    I posted in the other forum to see what the options are i'll report back when i find out

I just called MAA and they want to send mine to Mach 1 Arsenal to have the receiver cover or rail "bent" to be straight, and the barrel touched up.. They just sent me an email to schedule the firearm pickup. Mach 1 does good work correct?

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I honestly haven't heard much from Mach 1 until this year. If you are thinking of sending your gun in to have it fixed and touched up, pay a little extra and have them weld on a piece of rail to the bottom of the gas block...if they're doing everything else for free then it should only cost you a few bucks to have that done and would be a lot cheaper than doing it later. BUT SHOOT IT FIRST make sure there aren't any port issues. From all accounts these run better than Saigas but make sure yours does incase they need to fix the port(s)

From a Russian 3 gunner explaining the canted rail issue:

Some time it happens with plastic rails

I've got the same problem even on hand made custom Vepr-12, I agree that is looks bad and annoying a litte bit.

I've solved this problem, just moved mark point on my EOTech less then 1 min.

Updated:

1) Vepr-12 was burn as assault shotgun - it's not for ugly Saiga-12 lovers (without hand grip & classic shotgun buttstock, IMHO these Saigas the ugliest thing, that was made under classic design of Michail Kalashnikov AK)- it's for Brutal guys from Police & Army.

2) The distance of usage: from Point-blank to 25-50 yards, for this distance the Vepr-12 front & rear sight is enough.

3) To adjust complex of Verp-12 front & rear sight is easier then any Saiga-12 Sights, because RPK rear sight (leaf) has righ/left correction.

4) Top rail on dust cover is an Option for optics red dot sights, that Must be adjusted Up/Dawn and Left/Right after mounting on any weapon. Guys who try to use Scope optic on shotguns don't understand the difference between Shotgun and Rifle.

5) I don't understand how mounted on canted rail and adjusted Red Dot Sight affect to firing accuracy. Sergii was 1st on Russian IPSC Shotgun Championship and 16th on World Championship with his Vepr-12 + EOTec on plastic rail.

He later says that the saiga 030 is just as bad if not worse.

CSS is going to offer steel and aluminum rail replacements. In theory you drill the rivets and screw this new rail in place.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I love Russians speaking english and here is my favorite. This is not directed towards anyone at all. I was reminded of this from reading my above post:

WHY YOU WANT RAIL FOR KALASHNIKOV? IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH AS PROCURED FROM IZHEVSK MECHANICAL WORKS? YOU THINK NEEDS IMPROVEMENT? THEN MAYBE YOU FIND JOB WITH ARMY OF RUSSIA! YOU HAVE DRINKS WITH MIKHAIL KALASHNIKOV, TRADE STORY OF MANY WEAPONS DESIGNED AND DETAILS OF SCHOOL FOR ENGINEERING!

OR MAYBE YOU NOT DO THIS. PROBABLY IS BECAUSE YOU NEVER DESIGN WEAPON IN WHOLE LIFE. YOU LOOK AT FINE RUSSIAN RIFLE, THINK IT NEED CRAZY **** STICK ON ALL SIDES OF WEAPON. YOU HAVE DISEASE OF AMERICAN CAPITALIST, CHANGE THING THAT IS FINE FOR NO REASON EXCEPT TO LOOK DIFFERENT FROM COMRADE. YOU PUT CHEAP FLASHLIGHT OF CHINESE SLAVE FACTORY ON ONE SIDE, YOU PUT BAD SCOPE OF AMERICAN MIDDLE WEST ON OTHER SIDE, YOU PUT FRONT PISTOL GRIP ON BOTTOM SO YOU ARE LIKE AMERICAN MOVIE GUY JOHN RAMBO. MAYBE YOU PUT SEX DILDO ON TOP TO **** YOURSELF IN ******* FOR MAKING SHAMEFUL TRAVESTY OF RIFLE OF MIKHAIL KALASHNIKOV, NO?

RIFLE IS FINE. YOU **** IT, IT ONLY GET HEAVY AND YOU STILL NO HIT LARGEST SIDE OF BARN. GO TO FIRING RANGE, PRACTICE WITH MANY MAGAZINE OF CARTRIDGE. THEN YOU NOT NEED DUMB **** PUT ON SIDE OF RIFLE.

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    mine is almost so un-noticable, that im not going to worry about it for the time being. i mean.. red dots do have left n right adjustment.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    Just went and checked mine out and the dust cover rail is canted.

It is not as bad as the one pictured earlier in the thread, but it is noticeable.

Mine came from Atlantic, I am going to contact them and see what they say before I have it transferred.

Update:

After speaking with Atlantic Firearms, I was directed to the importer - Tennessee Guns International. A representative at TGI instructed me to go ahead and receive the firearm from my FFL, register it at wolf-arms.com, and send him an email. He stated they are not sure how they plan to remedy the issue yet - and they may even need to ship new dust covers from Russia to resolve the issue.

While I am not happy with the canted rail, at this point it seems like they are going to take care of the issue if I give them some time

The good news is that I will be able to pick up my shotgun and play with it without fear of a accepting the shotgun turning it into my problem.

Future updates to come as the situation plays out.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    My camera and photography skills are both lacking, but here is the requested pic of my rail:

P1000248.jpg

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Took the V12 out today to run some more ammo through it. The other day I found a box of mixed ammo at my pops. There was some Fiocci, Winchester, and Remington. Everything from dove/quail, cheap stuff, and in between. I ran 10 mags (50 rounds) more through the V12 with NO failures. The LRBHO didn't work at first, but the last 4 or 5 mags it caught every time. Im betting it just needs a little break in time.

Im still super stoked that this thing runs so much better than my S12 ever seemed to with out a lot of work.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I ran a box of target (Federal) through mine today and its the first time I've shot mine and any "Saiga" for that matter. I loved it. Only one she'll that didn't eject completely.

This thing is completely awesome. Love the magwell for this type of rifle and my LRBHO worked too. I need to run it more maybe next weekend.

I will say the 12 round mag will be ridiculous in it though.

DEC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Angola
    I ran 35 rounds through my VEPR 12 this morning. Mostly some waterfowl loads. Fiocchi 3", BB steel waterfowl loads. Had one FTE, the rest ran fine.

I will say this. I own many 12 ga. shot guns, most that shoot 3 1/2" waterfowl and turkey loads with no problem. None of them kick as hard or are as loud as this VEPR 12 when it runs 3" rounds. This gun is bad ass!:rockwoot:

Top Bottom