• vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I am order number 450.

Saw your pictures, they look great. I'm digging the adjustable rear sight!
    picture.php

I was hoping the wood would look like **** so i wouldn't want it...unfortunately it looks really good. I'm glad you got one with it. The cover on the end is beyond hideous. Makes me want to buy an RPK handguard and black it out. That would look brutal.

The bolt looks better built than a saiga 12's too

picture.php

I even like the 1970's box
    picture.php

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    Picked mine up today. Ordered from Mississippi Auto Arms. No pictures, but it look just like the one pictured above. Willing to take pictures if anyone wants to see anything in particular.

The gun feels like it was rattle canned with a high gloss. Its tough, I think, but it makes the handguard slippery.
    The grip needs texturing as well.
    I was surprised the rail was plastic, but again it feels solid.
    Very impressed at how light it was.
    Safety is difficult to manipulate but I am optimistic it will "wear in" in a good way. Does jab the hand uncomfortably in the Safe position.
    Sights are very nice, and solid. Much better than Saiga's I've used.
    Stock is waaay to narrow for any remote comfort, but I guess that's common. I did find the gap between the stock and receiver a little strange though. Maybe an AK guy will tell me its normal.

Haven't fired it yet, and there'll be shooters that are better are reviewing so I'm not going to, but those are my initial impressions. I'm very excited to get an adapter and put an AR stock and PG on there, plus a Sparc and a muzzle brake. I'm not sure about the handguards yet, but I foresee those getting replaced as well.

I didn't get my promised free 10 round magazine from MAA though. Anyone else order from them and get or not get? I'm going to drop an email now and will report back.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    the vltor AK tube works and you can put any Mil-Spec AR stock you want on it.
    M4 STYLE COLLAPSIBLE STOCK ADAPTER <b>"MILSPEC SIZE"</b> ALUMINUM TUBE VLTOR

As for grips, if you like Tango Down's offerings, you can buy a UsPalm AK grip and it's the same thing. Or you can buy the adapter.

GRIP AR 15 ADAPTER-ADAPTS AR GRIPS TO ALL SAIGA AND AK47 RECEIVERS

If you buy from css, put css in the promo code section to save 5%. Also any order placed now through Dec is put in a raffle for another Vepr 12.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Just received my "order has shipped" email. Fedex tracking doesn't have it yet but Atlantic says my 12 round mags shipped too. If this gets here by the weekend, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to ME!

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Last night I pulled the Vepr12 down as far as it would go, short of removing the FCG. The handguards are pretty cheap. I figured they cut down the regular handguards, but after looking at this I think they make them special for this run. The biggest issue I have with them is no heat shield in them.

Not a huge issue, but just another observation.

fordmanchris

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    Westfield
    Were we supposed to get a free 10 rounder from maa? I didn't know we were supposed to. If so that's great!
    Picked mine up today. Ordered from Mississippi Auto Arms. No pictures, but it look just like the one pictured above. Willing to take pictures if anyone wants to see anything in particular.

The gun feels like it was rattle canned with a high gloss. Its tough, I think, but it makes the handguard slippery.
    The grip needs texturing as well.
    I was surprised the rail was plastic, but again it feels solid.
    Very impressed at how light it was.
    Safety is difficult to manipulate but I am optimistic it will "wear in" in a good way. Does jab the hand uncomfortably in the Safe position.
    Sights are very nice, and solid. Much better than Saiga's I've used.
    Stock is waaay to narrow for any remote comfort, but I guess that's common. I did find the gap between the stock and receiver a little strange though. Maybe an AK guy will tell me its normal.

Haven't fired it yet, and there'll be shooters that are better are reviewing so I'm not going to, but those are my initial impressions. I'm very excited to get an adapter and put an AR stock and PG on there, plus a Sparc and a muzzle brake. I'm not sure about the handguards yet, but I foresee those getting replaced as well.

I didn't get my promised free 10 round magazine from MAA though. Anyone else order from them and get or not get? I'm going to drop an email now and will report back.

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    Were we supposed to get a free 10 rounder from maa? I didn't know we were supposed to. If so that's great!

If you bought on pre-order then yes.

Here was my reply from MAA:
    The magazines were suppose to be here with the guns by the end of
    October or early November. The guns arrived first so we shipped them
    out as soon as we could. We will send the magazines directly to your
    house in about 2 weeks unless you want them to go to another address.
    Thanks,
    Nathan
    I then made sure to thank them for sounding beating Atlantic on shipping ;)

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    dupe posts 15 mins apart? oh noes... :runaway:

I am in the middle of nowhere and my signal is intermittent at best. It double tapped 15 minutes apart. Ill straighten up and fly right when I'm back to civilization.

Due the VEPR being based on a RPK receiver, which is thicker, will the "fits all standard akm, saiga, etc" buttstocks and adapters actually work, or will they be slightly narrow?

If anything they'll be slightly too wide requiring filing. According to Greg at CSS the vltor tube fits fine, the CAA tube requires filing but they required filing for saiga 12s as well. The owner of bone steel says his design works for the vepr12 but I don't think anyone has tried it yet.

DEC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Angola
    Just got my FedEx tracking number. It shows Monday delivery at my FFL. I didn't think FedEx delivered on Mondays though. Oh well. When it gets here, it gets here.

Top Bottom