• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I used bradis for the ffl transfer. I believe it was $35 per gun also but I bought 3 sand they only charged for 2. Bradis is also very helpful so I didn't mind paying a little extra and driving a little farther to support a good business.

Thanks for the kind words; I'll try to wipe all the drool marks off your VEPR-12 before you pick it up. ;)

fordmanchris

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    Westfield
    No problem its a pleasure dealing with you guys! Should be up tomorrow to get them unless you will need me to wait a few days out come back for the other 2 another day lol

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I prefer these.

3112988.jpg

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Anyone have mag prefference
    8 rnd
    10 rnd
    12 rnd

?

Honestly i prefer the look of the 8rders (the 030's or Vepr originals). I prefer the extra capacity of the 10rders. I don't much care for the 12 rders as it just looks over the top.

How much good do you think that the Bi-pod on the front does?

I was just wondering, "when did Marc Wallice start making magazines?"

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    WELLLLLLLLLLLLLL

I got an email notification that my Vepr 12 has been delivered. I plan to pick it up during lunch, so Ill grab some quick picks to post up in a few hours :)

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Just got my hands on somebody's VEPR-12s... :D I like the action, the magwell, LRBHO feature and the hinged top cover, but the safety and furniture would have to go. The finger tab on the safety allows it to be put on very easily, but not taken off, and while in the safe position the very sharp bottom of the lever digs into my hand. The upper and lower handguards are a very cheap, slick and brittle-feeling plastic, and I wasn't impressed with any of the 3 stock options (Tapco fixed polymer, Tapco collapsible, black laminate wood).

Rather than spending $1000+ I think I'll just look into adding magwells to my existing Saiga-12s. That said, I'm sure you guys who have them on order will be happy with their function and mechanical quality.

My :twocents:

Last edited:

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Looks sweet 4sarge. I can't wait to hear additional reports and to see yours.

Clay, looking forward to your pics and thoughts.

It's killing me to wait for that tracking number from Atlantic. Mine is going to Bradis as well...

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    VEPR SHOTGUN PARTS

Many of the Saiga parts can also be used on the Vepr12.
    For example all Saiga 12 muzzle brakes can be used.
    Here are just a few parts that can be used, please email any question to us if you are unsure on certain parts.

All AK stocks and stock adapters can easily be used on the Vepr 12 with a slight modification to allow for the thicker receiver walls.

In order to use high capacity magazines you need to have 5 US 922r compliant parts.
    -US made muzzle brake counts for 1 922r part.
    -US made stock counts for 1 922r part.
    -US made pistol grip counts for 1 922r part.
    -US made trigger group counts for 3 922r part.

All of these parts above are very easy to change.

VEPR SHOTGUN PARTS

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Took some unboxing pics of mine:

INGunOwners - Clay's Album: VEPR 12

Overall I like it!! It was imported by TGI. When I got it out of the box it is covered in oil, which is a good thing. Everything matches up number wise. The top cover is SUPER stiff but no big deal. Trigger is typical AK, but better than a stock saiga 12. Just like any Vepr, its built like a tank. My stock is pretty decent I think! I dont think I love the funky wood cap on the end, but it is what it is. Everything to me seems to be standard Russian AK type items, from the handguards, grip, paint, etc. The mag doesnt drop free, but it also hasn't been used. Plus the way this thing is held in I would expect it to be a bit snug anyway.

Might get to test it today but it will probably be tomorrow.

Top Bottom