• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    This being unaware of a second shooter is something that is remedied with proper training and mindset. I'm not trying to sully the fallen inocent citizen, I'm just hoping from this circumstance comes some good for others of us that choose to not be a victim of dirtbags.
    my thoughts are with all of the families, friends, ci-workers of the slain victims. If there is some sort of judgement after death I hope the two cowards face it.
    sad to hear they're from Lafayette Indiana.

You have to train for it, but it's still a huge uphill battle when you are 1) reacting to someone else's action, and 2) outnumbered. If you're ambushed by an accomplice you didn't know existed, it's going to boil down to being lucky if you prevail in my opinion.

Of course, training might make one reticent to engage until observing a little while longer of the circumstances allowed it.

So many what ifs.

Streck-Fu

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Noblesville
    Inside Edition (ABC) reported them as being from Indianapolis.

Lafayette. LINK

24-Hour News 8 received the following booking records for Jerad Miller from the Tippecanoe County Jail on Monday:

• June 16, 2007 – Criminal Recklessness, pointing a firearm, intimidation, possession marijuana, possession paraphernalia.
    • Oct 10, 2007 – Bond revoked. Returned to jail.
    • Mar 15, 2009 – Felony Battery
    • Nov 26, 2010 – Deal Marijuana, Possession Marijuana, Possession Controlled Substance
    • Feb 7, 2011 – Strangulation / Battery
    • Mar 1, 2013 – Booked and held for Wanted on Warrant – Dearborn Co Sheriff IN.
    • Mar 6, 2013 – Petition to revoke probation
    • Mar 21, 2013 – House Arrest Violation
    • July 22, 2013 – House Arrest Violation

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Lafayette. LINK

24-Hour News 8 received the following booking records for Jerad Miller from the Tippecanoe County Jail on Monday:

• June 16, 2007 – Criminal Recklessness, pointing a firearm, intimidation, possession marijuana, possession paraphernalia.
    • Nov 26, 2010 – Deal Marijuana, Possession Marijuana, Possession Controlled Substance

Well, there goes the government, making a criminal out of a perfectly fine citizen.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Lafayette. LINK

And he was out causing more problems.,

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    You have to train for it, but it's still a huge uphill battle when you are 1) reacting to someone else's action, and 2) outnumbered. If you're ambushed by an accomplice you didn't know existed, it's going to boil down to being lucky if you prevail in my opinion.

Of course, training might make one reticent to engage until observing a little while longer of the circumstances allowed it.

So many what ifs.
    Yep your right that there is too many what ifs. And many things are luck. All we can do is try to increase our percentages. Still better than being a sheep that stampedes away at the first sign of trouble or fear. I can't rationalize those kind of folks mindset and I'm so thankful I'm not one.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    What I see most frequently from new students, even those that are quite experienced with handgunning or carry for a living, is that they have a mindset of "If I pull my gun, I 'have' to use it, so I'm gonna wait until I NEED it", or something similar in mindset. WRONG.

Saw that same type of mindset a lot at the academy.
    I an guilty of saying that and using that mindset in the past ..... However a while back I had to actualy unholster my pistol. I had no way to get out of that situation) The other person wasn't even aware but doing it early and the way I did was necessary because if it had escalated it could have been too late to draw it then.
    first time as a civilian I've had to do that.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Last edited:

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    FoF scenarios have gone quite a ways toward driving home the point that things are not necessarily as they appear. And yet, it would still be difficult to not focus on the one guy with a gun and ignore the woman on your flank with a shopping cart. In one class I was in, I'd guess that more than half of the people who chose to intercede in a particular "domestic argument" scenario got shot by the female as they were holding a gun on the weapon wielding male. I think all one can do is train, train, train to give yourself as much of an edge for making a good decision and then executing that decision as proficiently as possible, whether it be seeking safety, or engaging a threat.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Yep your right that there is too many what ifs. And many things are luck. All we can do is try to increase our percentages. Still better than being a sheep that stampedes away at the first sign of trouble or fear. I can't rationalize those kind of folks mindset and I'm so thankful I'm not one.

Speaking of "increasing our percentages"...

Someone mentioned the Wal-mart victim didn't see the other assailant, and was shot before he was able to draw his own weapon. Let's play the "what-if" game. Let's pretend he did see the 2nd assailant. A popular gun most people are carrying nowadays are pocket pistols, that don't hold many rounds.

He may have been able to stop the first threat, but chances are wouldn't have had enough rounds to stop the 2nd.

This should remind everyone that they SHOULD play the "what-if" game. And carry the largest pistol that they can shoot well.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The armed citizen was trying to do the right thing but sadly was killed without firing a shot. The husband suspect was interviewed at the Bundy Ranch by a Reno TV station...loons. From the pics on her FB page, they were active in the million mask march.

This is my shocked face.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Shooters carried arsenal, supplies into Sunday rampage | Las Vegas Review-Journal

The armed citizen was trying to do the right thing but sadly was killed without firing a shot. The husband suspect was interviewed at the Bundy Ranch by a Reno TV station...loons. From the pics on her FB page, they were active in the million mask march.
    Just saw another article trying to link the two incidents together. The media will spin it as two sets of loons with identical anti-government sentiments. Most Americans will probably swallow that hook, line, and sinker. We have entered the phase when opposition to government of any kind is singular in nature and indicative of terroristic tendencies.

Top Bottom