• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Just saw another article trying to link the two incidents together. The media will spin it as two sets of loons with identical anti-government sentiments. Most Americans will probably swallow that hook, line, and sinker. We have entered the phase when opposition to government of any kind is singular in nature and indicative of terroristic tendencies.

It is not the government that is making that assertion.

There are plenty of people on INGO and beyond that have low opinions of the government but despise the stupidity of rallying to Bundy or joining with anarchists.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass

There are plenty of people on INGO and beyond that have low opinions of the government but despise the stupidity of rallying to Bundy or joining with anarchists.

In these United States, we should NEVER underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups....regardless of political views

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Looks like they didn't do much of anything at the Bundy ranch but get sent packing, being that he was an admitted felon with a firearm. This comes from Mike Vanderboegh's report on his time there.

Example: One afternoon a couple showed up at the camp: a young tattooed white male wearing a holstered pistol and his girlfriend toting a shotgun. In the entrance interviews, which Jerry insisted upon mostly conducting himself, it developed that the guy was an admitted felon, but he didn't believe that it was constitutional to deny him his firearm rights. This came with a long, sad story about how they had quit their jobs to volunteer for the Bundys and do their part. Both Jerry and Stewart were inclined to accept their help until I called them over and explained the ramifications of accepting a self-admitted, armed felon into camp. They were impressed by the man's "honesty and sincerity," in admitting up-front that he was a felon. I said, among other things, that of course he admitted it. If he hadn't, then they would have plausible deniability when later confronted about it. By stating it up front, it was actually worse for them because they could not later deny having known that fact.* "How do you think that is going to sound in the grand jury?" I asked them. They changed their minds and sent the couple on their way with gas money. I am convinced that neither man would have needed any assistance from me to take that decision had they been in their right minds. That is, if they had been even semi-rested and on the bounce, which commanders must be to the best of their ability if they are to carry out their solemn duty to do their best to take care of their people and execute the mission.

Sipsey Street Irregulars: "There is no teacher but the enemy." The Bundy Ranch Federally-Sponsored Cluster Coitus: Oath Keepers makes their case. My experiences and thoughts.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Looking at the guy's FB page and it's scary. Not because it's so disturbing but rather it looks like the FB page of any number of posters here. That's scary. I'm watching you ALL!!!!!

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville

Didn't say it was. But you would be blind if you didn't believe that this is the way it's going. The media is merely complicit in creating the "reality."

Fighting tyranny is never stupid.

And given the choice of anarchy or totalitarian control, I'd prefer the former.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Looks like they didn't do much of anything at the Bundy ranch but get sent packing, being that he was an admitted felon with a firearm. This comes from Mike Vanderboegh's report on his time there.

Sipsey Street Irregulars: "There is no teacher but the enemy." The Bundy Ranch Federally-Sponsored Cluster Coitus: Oath Keepers makes their case. My experiences and thoughts.

You are right, he was a felon and they kicked him out. But not before being interviewed as one of the "armed supporters".

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Looking at the guy's FB page and it's scary. Not because it's so disturbing but rather it looks like the FB page of any number of posters here. That's scary. I'm watching you ALL!!!!!
    I am happy to say that I share no FB "Likes" in common with this murderer. I did notice he was a Todd Rokita fan.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I have no doubt that the overwhelming majority of people who rallied to Bundy's cause had their hearts in the right place (where their heads were, is up for debate).

That these idiots were there is not surprising, but should not impugn the entire group (being overly influenced by confirmation bias is not a crime). The Bundy situation attracted a large group of frustrated fans of limited government (maybe naive) and some violent fans of the overthrow of government.

JMoses

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2013

You MAY say this in jest, but there is a lot of truth to what you said!

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    You are right, he was a felon and they kicked him out. But not before being interviewed as one of the "armed supporters".
    At least they had some vetting process in place, even though it looks like they may have been willing to overlook this loons presence till a saner head prevailed.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Like it or not, this POS had enough in common with law abiding "pro liberty" citizens that the entire group gets soured from it. I have NO DOUBT that this group has others willing to do the same thing as he but the vast majority never favor violence. I know the feeling of being judged by the actions of another.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    Looking at the friends on his FB page you see that many of their FB pages look very similar to the two shooters pages.

And as far as the guy in Walmart that was shot - He may not have gotten a shot off but at least he went after them. At least he did something and got the shooters attention on him. It's horrible that he lost his life but chances are, even if he didn't get a shot off, he probably saved some lives in that Walmart.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    How many resulted in convictions?

Lafayette. LINK

24-Hour News 8 received the following booking records for Jerad Miller from the Tippecanoe County Jail on Monday:

• June 16, 2007 – Criminal Recklessness, pointing a firearm, intimidation, possession marijuana, possession paraphernalia.
    • Oct 10, 2007 – Bond revoked. Returned to jail.
    • Mar 15, 2009 – Felony Battery
    • Nov 26, 2010 – Deal Marijuana, Possession Marijuana, Possession Controlled Substance
    • Feb 7, 2011 – Strangulation / Battery
    • Mar 1, 2013 – Booked and held for Wanted on Warrant – Dearborn Co Sheriff IN.
    • Mar 6, 2013 – Petition to revoke probation
    • Mar 21, 2013 – House Arrest Violation
    • July 22, 2013 – House Arrest Violation

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Looking at the friends on his FB page you see that many of their FB pages look very similar to the two shooters pages.

And as far as the guy in Walmart that was shot - He may not have gotten a shot off but at least he went after them. At least he did something and got the shooters attention on him. It's horrible that he lost his life but chances are, even if he didn't get a shot off, he probably saved some lives in that Walmart.

That's the thing. He's a hero for trying to do something but what did his death accomplish? It was only after a firefight with LEO's in the rear of the store that they offed themselves. I hate to think this citizen's death was in vein but he was shot before ever getting a round off, what did that do? The husband was yelling at the customers to get out of the store and no one else was shot at. There is no right/wrong answer here, only questions.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    You cannot be more cowardly than to walk up to a police officer refilling a drink at the soda fountain during lunch and shoot him from behind. That is an act of a coward plain and simple.

These were two screwed up individuals. They shot people that were unaware and then took their own lives once everyone became aware of what was going on and came for them. These were crazy cowards!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Like it or not, this POS had enough in common with law abiding "pro liberty" citizens that the entire group gets soured from it. I have NO DOUBT that this group has others willing to do the same thing as he but the vast majority never favor violence. I know the feeling of being judged by the actions of another.

What you did there? I saw it. Point taken.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    That's the thing. He's a hero for trying to do something but what did his death accomplish? It was only after a firefight with LEO's in the rear of the store that they offed themselves. I hate to think this citizen's death was in vein but he was shot before ever getting a round off, what did that do? The husband was yelling at the customers to get out of the store and no one else was shot at. There is no right/wrong answer here, only questions.

I will always stand with the guy that does something to confront the evil over those that do not. I don't care if succeeded or not - he tried and that is absolutely all I need. We will never know what may have happened if he had done nothing.

I am not arguing with you. I agree that it is sad all the way around.

Top Bottom