• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    This is why so many officers are so stand offish at times. We never know when someone coming up to us is trying to be nice or going to assassinate us. These 2 officers were eating lunch. It shows that we must ALWAYS be vigilant and aware of our surroundings. Try to understand why officers are the way we are.
    So the badge is a license to be a dick?

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    The latest reporting now suggests that the civilian at the Walmart did not engage the suspects but rather was just at the wrong place at the wrong time. Either way, his death is no less tragic.

I'm sure that whether he actually engaged them or not, the "official" media report will be that he was a victim, not a hero that helped stop the shooting. Since he's unfortunately deceased, we won't hear his side of the story. It sure seems odd that the two killers would walk to a Walmart, shoot 1 guy, then kill themselves. Methinks there was something that prompted them to kill themselves then rather than keep shooting.

Last edited:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Such as your reply shows? Being a dick that is. No, it is not a license to be a dick, but we are targets and have to be wary of our surroundings
    You just said that we should all understand why cops act like jerks. If being targeted is all that is needed, then convenience stores orders will likely get real bad at customer service relations here soon.

Last edited:

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    To All,

What needs to be emphasized is that during their attack, according to Washington AFP, "The attackers then headed to a nearby Walmart store, exchanging gunfire with and ultimately killing a civilian who was carrying a concealed weapon."

Somebody was carrying and put up a fight. The tragedy is that he or she didn't drop the bastards. Who knows how many lives were saved by that citizen who delayed them long enough and perhaps made them rethink their tactics.

My God be with the fallen.

Regards,

Doug

PS - Link mentioning the citizen killed was armed and fighting back: http://news.yahoo.com/five-dead-las-vegas-shooting-213257183.html

Amazing...one individual was able to see, recognize, and take action that (in all probability) saved several other individual's lives! May God give the family(s) of the diseased peace through this tragedy!

dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    Not really a question, they just stated a lot more about the perps than the other articles, like the supremacists thing. :dunno:
    Sounds like it may have been a good idea to take their conversations more serious. Freaking nut jobs.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    OK no problem, just seemed provocative at the time. I don't give a damn what their "cause" is... Crazy is crazy. And rabid animals need to go down.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Ummm, what do you think? It was about anarchy. I just want to know if they came directly from an anarchists meeting or not?

LiveLeak.com - Left-wing, Lunatics Fatally Shoot Two Cops in Las Vegas, Then Kill Themselves: Saying ?This Is a Revolution' (comments)

As an anarcho-capitalist (among many other labels I self-apply), I take umbrage with the implication that all anarchists want chaos and are willing to slaughter innocent people or murder officers of the law in order to enact their wildly varying agendas. I repudiate, disavow, and despise every individual utilizing violence as an offensive force. Self-defense is always justified. Offensive violence never is. I find it truly sad and enraging that three good people have lost their lives to offensive violence, but it's dangerous and error to equate the political beliefs of an entire group of people with the malevolent actions of two hate-filled, violent people. Prayers for the fallen and their families and loved ones.

ticktwrter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    You just said that we should all understand why cops act like jerks. If being targeted is all that is needed, then convenience stores orders will likely get real bad at customer service relations here soon.

Boy, you sure have a negative attitude. I don't believe I ever used the word jerk. I was pointing out why cops can be a bit cautious and approach some calls with more caution that what you think they should. These officers were assassinated because they were cops. I try to always be nice to people but some people don't get it. Why do you dislike cops so much?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Boy, you sure have a negative attitude. I don't believe I ever used the word jerk. I was pointing out why cops can be a bit cautious and approach some calls with more caution that what you think they should. These officers were assassinated because they were cops. I try to always be nice to people but some people don't get it. Why do you dislike cops so much?

88 is her own "Devils" advocate.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    "White supremacists" killing two white cops doesn't really compute. Their actions garner attention but don't really further their cause or beliefs, at least not in my opinion. But crazy is crazy, so who knows.
    That was my reaction when I read that as well. The two they shot were probably about as white appearing as you can get.

It also seems odd that it sounds like the woman was the one pushing this whole incident. She was the one then that ended both of them.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I watched the news last night just to see what was reported. Not one word about the civilian carrying or trying to stop these 2 POS low life waste's of skin.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    It also seems odd that it sounds like the woman was the one pushing this whole incident. She was the one then that ended both of them.

Kinda like Vicki Weaver...

Also, Kirk, your link states they were left wing, but all the stories I've read, including the one you linked, offers little to no evidence of that.

Top Bottom