• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I read quite a few news reports and only one said anything about the Walmart shopper exchanging fire with the suspects before getting killed. I did see one who interviewed a witness at the Walmart who saw the shopper get killed but the witness did not say anything about fighting back just that the suspects yelled at everyone to get out of the store. Sadly, if that shopper did fight back, it does not appear to have accomplished anything and I hope that is not what got them killed. The suspects did engage officers entering the rear of the store before killing themselves. Oh, and they managed to drape a Gaston Flag over one of the officers killed at the CiCi Pizza...Nice.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I read quite a few news reports and only one said anything about the Walmart shopper exchanging fire with the suspects before getting killed. I did see one who interviewed a witness at the Walmart who saw the shopper get killed but the witness did not say anything about fighting back just that the suspects yelled at everyone to get out of the store. Sadly, if that shopper did fight back, it does not appear to have accomplished anything and I hope that is not what got them killed. The suspects did engage officers entering the rear of the store before killing themselves. Oh, and they managed to drape a Gaston Flag over one of the officers killed at the CiCi Pizza...Nice.

I would just one time like to get the real story from the local talking heads.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Also, Kirk, your link states they were left wing, but all the stories I've read, including the one you linked, offers little to no evidence of that.

Well, people who do not believe in government are called anarchists and they fall on the Left of the political spectrum.

"Another neighbor, Brandon Monroe, said the man who lived in the apartment often talked about conspiracy theories and often dressed in camouflage or as Peter Pan to work as a street performer."

ticktwrter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    The problem with the local news is they are in a hurry to outdo the other newsies and get the story out. Sadly, even the police are probably still trying to piece it all together. This seems to be a case of 2 pieces of trash targeting 2 officers because they wore a uniform. I know there are officers who use their authority for bad but that is the vast minority of officers.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers

Eric Holder is probably grinning from ear to ear right now...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The problem with the local news is they are in a hurry to outdo the other newsies and get the story out. Sadly, even the police are probably still trying to piece it all together. This seems to be a case of 2 pieces of trash targeting 2 officers because they wore a uniform. I know there are officers who use their authority for bad but that is the vast minority of officers.

I have met LEO from good to poor attitudes. Never wanted to shoot any of them for any reason. Most I know are good and decent folks doing a job. Most doing it well.
    The local talking heads are not reporters any more but news "Readers" motor mouthing their way through a segment and trying to maintain ratings. I made a bet with the wife about how this would be reported. She is a news junky and supported her side. She lost.

Last edited:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Boy, you sure have a negative attitude. I don't believe I ever used the word jerk. I was pointing out why cops can be a bit cautious and approach some calls with more caution that what you think they should. These officers were assassinated because they were cops. I try to always be nice to people but some people don't get it. Why do you dislike cops so much?
    There was nothing negative in that. I just don't get the mindset that says it's okay to be a jerk because life is hard or certain circumstances exist.

ticktwrter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    There was nothing negative in that. I just don't get the mindset that says it's okay to be a jerk because life is hard or certain circumstances exist.

I give up since you don't answer questions just stir the pot.

I pray for those officers assassinated as well as all in the LVMPD family as well as the family of the civilian killed. I hope the killers burn in hell

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    FYI, it is Gadsden, not Gaston.:D

The Gadsden flag is named after Christopher Gadsden and features a rattlesnake as did other flags and agitprop at the time of the American Revolution.

The Gaston flag is named after an Austrian dude and features a plastic pistol.:D

Gun Sheldon out!

b60e54f562c99c05e423b8ebebff0513.jpg

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I would assume because he will see this as evidence that he was right. That the greatest terrorist thread facing the country is right wingers, gun owners, Gadsden flyers, veterans, Constitution types... whatever all was on the famous DHS warning list that was issued several years ago. Since then all of the spree shooters have been nut jobs with ties to the left in some way or another.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    No matter how the libtards try to spin this the fact is the more people would have no doubt been killed if not for the armed citizen. There is no other valid way to spin in. It is common sense IMO. The hero of that day was that armed citizen.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    FYI, it is Gadsden, not Gaston.:D

The Gadsden flag is named after Christopher Gadsden and features a rattlesnake as did other flags and agitprop at the time of the American Revolution.

The Gaston flag is named after an Austrian dude and features a plastic pistol.:D

Gun Sheldon out!
    Yeah, I don't really care.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    No matter how the libtards try to spin this the fact is the more people would have no doubt been killed if not for the armed citizen. There is no other valid way to spin in. It is common sense IMO. The hero of that day was that armed citizen.
    I would like to believe it and hope they didn't die for nothing, if that is indeed the case. Rule 1: Don't get killed. Rule 2: If you have to take a bullet or die, do it for a good reason.

caverjamie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Dubois Co.
    Boy, you sure have a negative attitude. I don't believe I ever used the word jerk. I was pointing out why cops can be a bit cautious and approach some calls with more caution that what you think they should. These officers were assassinated because they were cops. I try to always be nice to people but some people don't get it. Why do you dislike cops so much?

Well, I for one don't mind too much if you or other cops are being a "dick" as long as you are following the laws you are supposed to enforce. But politeness is always appreciated...

On topic, it really sucks that those police officers were ambushed. The biggest problem is these nutcases always have the element of surprise going for them. I hope they give the citizen an honorable mention if he died trying to stop them. Doesn't sound like the story is clear yet. The odds have to be somewhat slim to have someone carrying at the right place, at the right time, with the right training in order to make a difference.

Top Bottom