• Status
    Not open for further replies.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    FWIW I think this conversation would be taking a different sentiment if the full trials had been completed without intentionally messing up the placebo group. Originally approval was supposed to happen in what 2023? If everything went fine. That date was dependent on completing trials for mid term and long term safety.

so I guess f**k the potential safety issue? This shouldn’t be comforting to anyone.

fact: the people that are “hesitant” who are actually reading and attempting to comprehend the data coming out will remain hesitant.
    And the whole vaccine mandate issue wouldn’t exist if Captain Depends and his sidekick Spread Eagle hadn’t been elected. Vaccine would be Baaaaaad, then.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    And the whole vaccine mandate issue wouldn’t exist if Captain Depends and his sidekick Spread Eagle hadn’t been elected. Vaccine would be Baaaaaad, then.

At least if our Actual President (Trump for all you who believe the MSM lies) were still in office, there wouldn't be so much actual information blocked and/or labeled misinformation and perhaps then there would be more info available to everyone to use for researching the vax and side effects. I also don't believe we would have federal mandates and I don't believe the courts would be smacking down cases against mandates. I also believe SCotUS would have picking it up and ruled by now if Trump was in office. The only reason it's being pushed as hard as it is is due to Left wing politics.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Yeah, no one believes that the opposition to the Covid-19 vaccines has anything to do with science. It is all about politics and grifting. Just like the opposition to the "legitimate medications that have gone through the full testing and vetting process" led by Dr. McCarthy and her anti-vax leadership of the yoga pants and lattes set just a few years ago.

And the Covid-19 vaccines, as per the NY Post article I posted where people are taught to get out of the Covid-19 vaccines, have the same exemptions that the vaccines that Dr. McCarty was so upset about before she cured Autism,.
    Oh but they do. You cannot develop a vaccine in the middle of a pandemic and expect it to not cause the bug to mutate more quickly, becoming less effective and possibly doing more harm than good (the possibly of antibodies going down in vaxed but previously infected people).
    I could actually say the opposite, no one believes the proponents of mandates or even the vaccine itself has anything to do with science. It only has to do with what people have latched onto to believe.

"If the people that wanted us to believe their info about the vaccine they shouldn't have burnt all their bridges so early" --a very rough quote from Bug upthread

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Oh but they do. You cannot develop a vaccine in the middle of a pandemic and expect it to not cause the bug to mutate more quickly, becoming less effective and possibly doing more harm than good (the possibly of antibodies going down in vaxed but previously infected people).
    I could actually say the opposite, no one believes the proponents of mandates or even the vaccine itself has anything to do with science. It only has to do with what people have latched onto to believe.

"If the people that wanted us to believe their info about the vaccine they shouldn't have burnt all their bridges so early" --a very rough quote from Bug upthread
    Oh no Dr Lord Freeman knows all. We're just anti-vaxxers that want to kill grandma. And we lie too.

I've been trying to research with what little infor there is for previously infected and their antibodies resistance to all of this. There isn't much. and some of it is a bit concerning when considering a vax.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Hey I've got good news for you, they weren't elected!!
    Just kidding, no good news.
    But the rest of that is hilarious, I'm going to reference them that way from here on out.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Oh no Dr Lord Freeman knows all. We're just anti-vaxxers that want to kill grandma. And we lie too.

I've been trying to research with what little infor there is for previously infected and their antibodies resistance to all of this. There isn't much. and some of it is a bit concerning when considering a vax.
    I'm sorry. I need to go to Lafayette immediately and get arrested.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

Stop projecting. There is no reason to give me a title of nobility just for pointing out the anti-vax hysteria.

There is a distinction between pointing out the inanity of the anti-vax position and wanting to mandate vaccinations. Just because you point out the grifting and junk science of the anti-vax position, does not mean that one wants to mandate anything. Education is a far better solution than coercion.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Stop projecting. There is no reason to give me a title of nobility just for pointing out the anti-vax hysteria.

There is a distinction between pointing out the inanity of the anti-vax position and wanting to mandate vaccinations. Just because you point out the grifting and junk science of the anti-vax position, does not mean that one wants to mandate anything. Education is a far better solution than coercion.

Education would be nice if the information wasn't being curated to only what is supporting the messaging. When dissenting information is censored, it's hard to make an informed decision.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Where can I get a bucked of sand? I never thought it would be a comfortable place to put my head but apparently I was wrong.

Question nothing.
    Do as you're told.
    Ignore data and information you find unappealing.
    Use condescending terms to describe those who don't agree with you.
    Make sure the tip of your nose is elevated at all times whilst looking down upon those around you who both listen and see.

Oh yeah, and **** freedom.

This is the leftist utopia, enjoy it.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    FWIW I think this conversation would be taking a different sentiment if the full trials had been completed without intentionally messing up the placebo group. Originally approval was supposed to happen in what 2023? If everything went fine. That date was dependent on completing trials for mid term and long term safety.

so I guess f**k the potential safety issue? This shouldn’t be comforting to anyone.

fact: the people that are “hesitant” who are actually reading and attempting to comprehend the data coming out will remain hesitant.

It is a percentage I think. A certain amount of the anti-vaxxers will always be anti-vax regardless of how many trials there are, those that are grifting on the panic or those that do not want to acknowledge reality.

Face masks, hand washing, vaccines all make the reality of Covid-19 too real for some. Sort of like how carrying a gun acknowledges that the world is not all puppies and rainbows, this upsets many people and they do not want anyone to do it to upset their world. Masks are an inconvenience and vaccines are "unknown" (regardless of the number of trials).

Humans are really bad at risk assessment and will always overvalue comfort and undervalue a threat. I know part of what we are fighting is human nature and in this regard the government (both state and federal) have done a miserable job of educating the public allowing the snake oil salesmen to thrive.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Education would be nice if the information wasn't being curated to only what is supporting the messaging. When dissenting information is censored, it's hard to make an informed decision.
    I believe you are 100% correct, especially given the horrific track record .gov has in past medical/biological events.

All the cards should have been on the table and the public instructed on the pros and convs of all options.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Humans are really bad at risk assessment and will always overvalue comfort and undervalue a threat.
    You mean like deciding to introduce a substance which has not been tested to the standards we have required for decades to prevent yourself from getting a flu with less than a 3% chance of killing you or having lasting side effects? You are spot on.

It's comfortable being with the in crowd. You'll have lots of friends if things turn to **** and you'll all be able to claim victimhood for life. It's a win - win for those with a weak mind and the only way for those with a weak heart.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I believe you are 100% correct, especially given the horrific track record .gov has in past medical/biological events.

All the cards should have been on the table and the public instructed on the pros and convs of all options.
    Yet we're to be ridiculed if we don't lap it up like kitties to a bowl of milk.

Make perfect sense.

Let me guess, it's different this time.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    You mean like deciding to introduce a substance which has not been tested to the standards we have required for decades to prevent yourself from getting a flu with less than a 3% chance of killing you or having lasting side effects? You are spot on.

It's comfortable being with the in crowd. You'll have lots of friends if things turn to **** and you'll all be able to claim victimhood for life. It's a win - win for those with a weak mind and the only way for those with a weak heart.
    It is a mistake to politicalize Covid-19 but it is exactly what we have done.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom