• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    if he said about half as much and tweeted about 75% less, he'd have been a much more effective president and might even be in office now.
    Yassss. We see that quite a bit 'If only Trump hadn't been Trump ..."

It's a package deal, you take the whole package. If he wasn't Trump he would not have attracted the highest number of votes of any sitting president ever, and no matter what or who they still would have cheated to win

Cool story, though

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Or better yet, the Einstein definition of insanity

“Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.”

Do you think he meant hand washing, masks, social distancing, take another vaccine when he referenced doing the same thing over and over while expecting a different outcome?
    I was thinking of Einsteins definition when I wrote that. We keep getting called hysterical and insane, over and over and over, but nothing changes...
    As to the purple I don't think he thought that but it's a funny take.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Yassss. We see that quite a bit 'If only Trump hadn't been Trump ..."

It's a package deal, you take the whole package. If he wasn't Trump he would not have attracted the highest number of votes of any sitting president ever, and no matter what or who they still would have cheated to win

Cool story, though

I like how in 3 posts this went from "we didn't do anything" to "I liked how Trump participated in we, because that's just Trump being Trump."

Trump participated in the politicizing of Covid 19. You can accept it or not. You also don't need to be quite like you're being while discussing it. "Cool story" and all... :rolleyes: Kut was plenty of reason for me to stay out of the politics forum and I really doubt you're angling to become his replacement as "that guy". I don't normally think of you as an agitator when I see your posts.

Back to the topic... As soon as they started the name game nonsense I would have started calling it the "severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2, also known as COVID-19 (and imagine it with the Trump annunciation and mannerisms)" every. single. time. Just dunk on them at every opportunity to make them look like idiots as the president trolls from higher ground for months and months. Trump liked to troll from lower ground and the media knew it. :hooked:

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Maybe...
    just maybe...
    Some of us are not analyzing the threat of the vaccine, but that of the virus.
    And, since the virus is NOT THAT BAD, we see no need for a vaccine.

If I was worried about the odds created by the virus, I'd never be able to go to work.
    This is me.

For ****s and giggles, let’s say the vaccine works at preventing hospitalization, and has a .2% chance of side effects. Now let’s use data we’ve learned over the last year, those under 40 have a .2% chance of dying from the virus. For me, I have as much of a chance of dying from the virus as I do lifelong side effects from the vaccine, and it’s been proven people with the vaccine are still dying... so what would the benefit for me getting vaccinated be? It would be more risk than not getting it would.

If I were obese, or over 60, I would take it into consideration. I just don’t see the point given the statistics we have as of now.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I like how in 3 posts this went from "we didn't do anything" to "I liked how Trump participated in we, because that's just Trump being Trump."

Trump participated in the politicizing of Covid 19. You can accept it or not. You also don't need to be quite like you're being while discussing it. "Cool story" and all... :rolleyes: Kut was plenty of reason for me to stay out of the politics forum and I really doubt you're angling to become his replacement as "that guy". I don't normally think of you as an agitator when I see your posts.

Back to the topic... As soon as they started the name game nonsense I would have started calling it the "severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2, also known as COVID-19 (and imagine it with the Trump annunciation and mannerisms)" every. single. time. Just dunk on them at every opportunity to make them look like idiots as the president trolls from higher ground for months and months. Trump liked to troll from lower ground and the media knew it. :hooked:
    So, the gospel according to maxwelhse vis a vis Trump just has to be accepted? Not gonna happen. Loved the man, voted for him twice (not counting primaries). Looking forward to the third time

Does Mitt know you're trying to reach him?

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    So, the gospel according to maxwelhse vis a vis Trump just has to be accepted? Not gonna happen. Loved the man, voted for him twice (not counting primaries). Looking forward to the third time

Does Mitt know you're trying to reach him?

Well, you're free to refute the gospel if you want, but all you did was moderately insult me and then tell me that's just Trump being Trump.

Now it seems you've come back to insult me again by equating me with Romney. So... I guess from this point forward, if the Kut fits you're proud to wear it? Big shoes to fill...

As I often witnessed Kut himself do just to needle another member: You're better than that.

Until about 20 seconds ago I actually would mean it in your case. You can turn back now and it's all good, or not. Choice is yours.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    africacheck.org. I had a little time to look into Lord Freeman's source of information.

Africa Check is registered as a non-profit trust in South Africa and as a community interest company in Britain.[41]
    In 2016, Africa Check's major donors were the Shuttleworth Foundation (26% of income), Omidyar Network (23%), the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (13%), the Open Society Foundation for South Africa (OSF-SA) (12%) The foundation was established by George Soros in 1993, , and the Millennium Trust (9%), and Agence France-Presse (5%).[41] I

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    africacheck.org. I had a little time to look into Lord Freeman's source of information.

Africa Check is registered as a non-profit trust in South Africa and as a community interest company in Britain.[41]
    In 2016, Africa Check's major donors were the Shuttleworth Foundation (26% of income), Omidyar Network (23%), the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (13%), the Open Society Foundation for South Africa (OSF-SA) (12%) The foundation was established by George Soros in 1993, , and the Millennium Trust (9%), and Agence France-Presse (5%).[41] I
    iu

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    it's becoming something of a religious crusade for many, even doctors.

I have an appointment with my family practitioner on Friday and I'm pretty curious about how that conversation is going to go. I'm hoping he doesn't even bother to ask and assumes that all grown ups know what to do by now if they want to do it.

I'm also wondering if saying "no" is going to end up a scarlet letter in my medical file that will eventually end up being handed to "someone".

I think I'm going to say that I want all of the kids in Africa to have access to it before I steal a shot from them...

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I don't see how I can refute a substanceless opinion; so I gave my own opinion, which is at variance with yours but every bit as valid. You say Trump politicized the virus but he was merely reacting to legacy media carrying China's water and trying to whitewash their role at the center of the whole problem by calling it racist to point that out - a familiar tactic of the left

Calling it that was truth, and I fail to see how telling the truth equates to polticizing something. Does this mean that you think the people saying the election was stolen are the only ones politicizing the election?

I just get weary of the Trump haters having to get their little digs in; and then, more Kutlike than I'll ever be, getting fussy when someone isn't having it

You pontificate about how you think Trump should have acted and how that would have affected his fortunes, as if what you believe is the way things actually would be. You are claiming knowledge you cannot have of an alternate reality

You are certainly entitled to your opinion and so am I, and the folks who lament that Trump should have been less like Trump can rationally be said to want a Romney (or worse yet, maybe a ¡Jeb!) - someone who plays a leader on TV rather than actually being a leader, who SEEMS more presidential according to that persons OPINION of what a president should be. I'd rather have a Teddy Roosevelt, thank you

Guess I
    won't be changing how I operate to suit you, so bring on the consequences. Will I be ignored :nailbite:

TL;DR I call Bull****!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I have an appointment with my family practitioner on Friday and I'm pretty curious about how that conversation is going to go. I'm hoping he doesn't even bother to ask and assumes that all grown ups know what to do by now if they want to do it.

I'm also wondering if saying "no" is going to end up a scarlet letter in my medical file that will eventually end up being handed to "someone".

I think I'm going to say that I want all of the kids in Africa to have access to it before I steal a shot from them...
    Ah, the old "There are starving kids in Africa" ploy that my parents used to use on me to get me to eat my veggies.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I don't see how I can refute a substanceless opinion; so I gave my own opinion, which is at variance with yours but every bit as valid. You say Trump politicized the virus but he was merely reacting to legacy media carrying China's water and trying to whitewash their role at the center of the whole problem by calling it racist to point that out - a familiar tactic of the left

Calling it that was truth, and I fail to see how telling the truth equates to polticizing something. Does this mean that you think the people saying the election was stolen are the only ones politicizing the election?

I just get weary of the Trump haters having to get their little digs in; and then, more Kutlike than I'll ever be, getting fussy when someone isn't having it

You pontificate about how you think Trump should have acted and how that would have affected his fortunes, as if what you believe is the way things actually would be. You are claiming knowledge you cannot have of an alternate reality

You are certainly entitled to your opinion and so am I, and the folks who lament that Trump should have been less like Trump can rationally be said to want a Romney (or worse yet, maybe a ¡Jeb!) - someone who plays a leader on TV rather than actually being a leader, who SEEMS more presidential according to that persons OPINION of what a president should be. I'd rather have a Teddy Roosevelt, thank you

Guess I
    won't be changing how I operate to suit you, so bring on the consequences. Will I be ignored :nailbite:

TL;DR I call Bull****!

I assume all of that mess was for me?

It was not a substanceless opinion that Trump willing engaged in the politicization of Covid by getting sucked into the media's needling. He's doing it to this very day. I explained how it happened and you raced right past it without addressing it, and still didn't. I didn't say he did it all by himself. Whatever.

The rest of your little rant there seems to believe a whole bunch of things that just aren't true, beginning and ending with the idea that I hate Trump. I don't. I voted for him twice. The rest of your guesses are also wrong.

The offer I extended you wasn't an offer to engage with you or not. It was a last chance to accept a hand outstretched in friendship as someone who until now I respected, and the hand going back into my pocket isn't BS. You want to be a jerk instead, go ahead.

The most likely outcome of all of this is I will dip out of the politics forum, and INGO entirely (which is my nature as I should be doing other things than arguing with people on the internet), and when I get back after awhile a few less loudmouths will be here pushing people around. I'm honestly shocked you've decided to be the next to join the club, but, alrighty then. Carry on and godspeed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom