• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    If 10 shootes show up between 7-8am the match can be set up very easily and no one has to do an immense amount of work. The guys like Max who organize the match don't have to put in two days to host the match. I think there are plenty of people who would not mind showing up and chipping in a little work without shooting for free.

I would never expect to shoot for free at any match set up or not. If most club matches are 20 bucks shooting for 15 for setup would be a good deal. I know I got a discount at ACC and felt bad and offered to pay full price for not tearing down.

Some people won't help but others will and it will usually be the same guys and gals.

Reaper

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Fishers, IN
    I'd be happy to assist with setups the morning of a shoot. If a discount were offered great! If not, I'd still show up to help. I bet most guys would.

sv40sw45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    South Indiana
    It would be hard to keep track of who came at what time to help set up a match to get a discount, so that is why we started letting anyone who helped both days shoot for free, kinda like pay your gas money for helping both days. We use to have 5-8 guys show up last year but with Bob and John down that left a big void. I will still have to bring this all up at our club meeting to see what we are going to do. Thanks again to all who helped and for all the support and ideas. Max

sv40sw45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    South Indiana
    To all you guys who live close to South Central Gun Club please let me know if you would be willing to set up on the first Saturday of each month, so I can see if we would even have enough help to continue the way we have been doing. Max

bluepkp

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    To all you guys who live close to South Central Gun Club please let me know if you would be willing to set up on the first Saturday of each month, so I can see if we would even have enough help to continue the way we have been doing. Max

I'm in Max

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    There have been no good points from the last two matches.

Your shooting and trigger control on the classifier was fine. There were other times when you were focused on what you were doing and the results were good.

You have to be a little less critical, which is hard when you want to improve. When thing s go south for you your head is not focused on the mechanics of what you are doing. The disaster stage was a prime example. You were more focused on the shooting of each target and not missing one, and trigger control went out the window. That was a survival stage of the match. Just shoot the points, and not be worried about the time. You were trying to make up time with the trigger speed. Your problem there is that you pull the trigger really fast. Too fast many times especially for the distances some of those target were at.

It is week one of March. We have another month to get into mid season form. Relax, focus on trigger control during the shooting of a stage.

G-Niner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Great, sounds like we're making some progress. We (the locals) really need to step up and make this work. Being somewhat centrally located between Riley, Atlanta, and Silver Creek there is too much at stake to just let it slide. I see South Central being an important hub for USPSA shooters in Indiana.

Top Bottom