• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    Anyone having an ideas on keeping South Central afloat please let me know. This thing with all our match setup people getting old and sick has put to much burden on the people left to run South Central. Aron has ideas of doing all the setup on Sunday morning and moving the start time back to 11am, which sounds good to me if we can get enough people to get the set up done in the time allowed. Please let me know your thoughts. Max

I would be able to do that Max! It would probably be easier, and it's only one trip, you are coming down for the match. If you can't make it by 730 or 8, cool but plenty of shooters can be there.

I don't really want to see a great place for matches go under because of no support, I just started shooting these things!

N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    Screw your time, screw where you finish, build the foundation.
    Sorry if my inner-baseball coach is coming out, but after coaching teens for the last several years, I'm picking up some vibes from you that you aren't having fun and not shooting with confidence. I wouldn't say anything unless I cared. I know you were a ball player and you know how much confidence plays in to how well you bat. It's a slump, nothing more.

I'm 100% a total newb in the USPSA world. I am also not one to get frustrated when I don't do well. I agree 110% with what JT is saying here. You have to find the small victories in what you've done. My times are slow, my shooting is good, I have to work on my mechanics. Sure, I choke from time to time, and yes, more than once my nerves have gotten the best of me. But no matter what, I walk away with a smile on my face and lessons learned. But no matter what, I had FUN. That matters the most to me.

I often try to repeat to myself, before every stage: slow down, breathe, concentrate, and focus on the task at hand. Just pretend you have to defend yourself from those cardboard guys out there! ... And I do ok. I'll get better.

above all else: Practice, practice, practice.

bluepkp

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    sadly, we need to find more people local to South Central.

Max went out today to set up and had no help. With Bob down and not many others local, we could be seeing the end of matches there.

My hope is to move closer, but that isn't until next year.

Well there are a couple of us that just joined that live local that can come help Max setup.:rockwoot:

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Anyone having an ideas on keeping South Central afloat please let me know. This thing with all our match setup people getting old and sick has put to much burden on the people left to run South Central. Aron has ideas of doing all the setup on Sunday morning and moving the start time back to 11am, which sounds good to me if we can get enough people to get the set up done in the time allowed. Please let me know your thoughts. Max

If planned and have the folks to do set up there the Sunday morning am with 11am start works great.

It has allowed Wabash to put on bigger stages, with more detail to them and really makes for a better match

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    JT while I was looking at the scores I noticed that another two of the shooters sheets that are missing are Mr. and Mrs. Cooper. So it does appear that a whole squad is missing.

sv40sw45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    South Indiana
    Paul is going to check the clip boards this afternoon and see if any score sheets got left. I am really leaning towards the Sunday set up. If it comes down to it we will not start shooting till everything is set so this will kinda put the load on the shooters also. 5-6 people can do a lot in just a few hours.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    Paul is going to check the clip boards this afternoon and see if any score sheets got left. I am really leaning towards the Sunday set up. If it comes down to it we will not start shooting till everything is set so this will kinda put the load on the shooters also. 5-6 people can do a lot in just a few hours.

I will Show up early when I'm off the first Sunday of the month

I only had two mikes on the day and still stunk the place up. I really liked punching Jake in the face, my knuckles still hurt

kevinsr98

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   1
    Feb 12, 2011

Max,
    I will show up early to set up on Sundays if I am not scheduled to work. Thanks for a great match yesterday. :yesway:

PTRDRGN

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    In the past those that helped set-up on Saturday shot for free, correct? If set-up was done on Sunday would that still apply? I doubt it could work allowing 1/2 the shooters to shoot for free.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    If 10 shootes show up between 7-8am the match can be set up very easily and no one has to do an immense amount of work. The guys like Max who organize the match don't have to put in two days to host the match. I think there are plenty of people who would not mind showing up and chipping in a little work without shooting for free.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    the good thing is, we are reviving the club with some newer shooters.

There are a few of us at Crane that will probably be starting to recruit some of our fellow small arms guys which would be good for most of the clubs down in the area.

Numbers seem to be increasing at all the clubs, hopefully it keeps on going.

Top Bottom