• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    You get a chance to shoot a real 1911, not some $400 Rock Island or a Spartan, I mean a true custom built 1911 and yes you will know what I am referring to

There is a reason that this has been around for 100 years and still going strong.

Now leave me alone I have work to ignore and delegrate to someone else[/quote]

I don't know if my STI Trojan is a real 1911 or not ,but I like shooting it :)
    My only complaints, skinny mags , giant paws ( I need to practice reloads more)
    I feel like I have to shift my grip, a bunch, to get to the mag release. Huge mitts, short thumbs . I am looking at slim grips and an extended release to help with this. (This is why I like Xdm's over Glocks or M@P's my thumb just drops right onto the mag release)
    The best thing about the 1911 guns for me is the trigger, man I hate to go back to anything else after shooting one for awhile.
    I guess that's why there are so many accessories for 1911's they have been around so long that someone has found a way to fit them to anybody.

Skroggster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Kokomo, Indiana
    So.... the forecast for Atlanta is now:

High 44, Low 43, Showers

But I don't know if that is an improvement or not...?

Don't hold that for truth as we all know it will change 5 more times before Sunday.
    The best forecast I can give you would be wake up Sunday, poke your head out the door and that will be your forecast for the day! :D

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    It's money I can use for going to BITB or to Nationals, took a BIG pay cut when I lost my other job.

Told the boy I wasn't shooting every single weekend any way, we didn't get any hunting, fishing or camping in last year.

We'll see come Sunday.

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    You get a chance to shoot a real 1911, not some $400 Rock Island or a Spartan, I mean a true custom built 1911 and yes you will know what I am referring to

There is a reason that this has been around for 100 years and still going strong.

Now leave me alone I have work to ignore and delegrate to someone else

I don't know if my STI Trojan is a real 1911 or not ,but I like shooting it :)
    My only complaints, skinny mags , giant paws ( I need to practice reloads more)
    I feel like I have to shift my grip, a bunch, to get to the mag release. Huge mitts, short thumbs . I am looking at slim grips and an extended release to help with this. (This is why I like Xdm's over Glocks or M@P's my thumb just drops right onto the mag release)
    The best thing about the 1911 guns for me is the trigger, man I hate to go back to anything else after shooting one for awhile.
    I guess that's why there are so many accessories for 1911's they have been around so long that someone has found a way to fit them to anybody.[/quote]

The Trojan is a nice gun, it actually feels very good to hold because of how they under cut the trigger guard on there.
    I dropped mine off with George last night to tune a few things up on there for me.

cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    nothing wrong with my new Spartan...its not exactly stock tho...:cool:

Got a new guy that may be getting signed up for a membership and coming down for the match Sunday. Im expecting some good weather, someone make it happen!!

Skroggster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Kokomo, Indiana
    nothing wrong with my new Spartan...its not exactly stock tho...:cool:

Got a new guy that may be getting signed up for a membership and coming down for the match Sunday. Im expecting some good weather, someone make it happen!!

That will require Mongo Magic and I think his Abracadabra meter is on empty! But we never know! :D

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    like the .45 better then? Think I may just save up for another press.

It was hardly a real comparision test. I shot my trojan with my 200gr wadcutter load ( about a 167 power factor) with the gun set up with a 16 pound recoil spring, and the shot the .40 trojan.
    Gun was very accurate, just the recoil impulse was very sharp. I am not sure what Jeff's load was or bullet weight, and I only shot 2 mags so not much of a comparision.

I thought that the gun would track more like my limited gun, which is pretty flat.

I like the idea of just having one load in 40 to shoot. But I don't think I can give up my nice big ass 45 caliber wadcutter holes.......

lots of charlie's have been turned in to alpha's
    lots of delta's into charlies
    and touching the perf on the delta instead of a mike sure is sweet

Top Bottom