• ...and so much more!
  • mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort
    I'd like to say a few things here.

1. I never intended to upset anyone with the comments about the weather or being wussies.
    2. I never infered that I would be the best shot or the best person out there.
    3. Some of you have met me and shot with me and know how I am, and how much you can flip me crap.
    4. I have the upmost respect for the top level shooters in this state and I would love to only get better and be at that level one of these days.

5. I don't think my military service has any bering on this what so ever. I understand it's a sport. I being new may have gone over the line in my smack talk about the weather, however that's all it was.

So in summary, sorry if I upset anyone, I should have used the purple text and it probably wouldn't have rubbed people the wrong way.

That said, look forward to meeting you all this weekend, and will enjoy learning and shooting with you all, and I hope the reverse is the same.

Matt

First off I cant wait to meet you!!! Second If you affended anybody here you have accomplished a great feat sir..... The way I see it everybody here has dished it out at one time or another. Thats just the way we roll. And yes we do have fair weather shooters but thats their problem not mine.. Unless its pooring rain I will be there and the match will happen!!!

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    Right now Sunday is forecasted as a Light Mix and a high of 37...

Considering I haven't slept since I shot on Saturday due to some virus and the worst sore throat I've ever had, I'd have to be nuts to go out in weather like that unless I'm 100% by then.

Maybe Mongo will let me park on the lower level and hide out in my warm truck between stages... :D

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    I'd like to say a few things here.

1. I never intended to upset anyone with the comments about the weather or being wussies.
    2. I never infered that I would be the best shot or the best person out there.
    3. Some of you have met me and shot with me and know how I am, and how much you can flip me crap.
    4. I have the upmost respect for the top level shooters in this state and I would love to only get better and be at that level one of these days.

5. I don't think my military service has any bering on this what so ever. I understand it's a sport. I being new may have gone over the line in my smack talk about the weather, however that's all it was.

So in summary, sorry if I upset anyone, I should have used the purple text and it probably wouldn't have rubbed people the wrong way.

Matt

You'll be fine. Come out and enjoy. There will be plenty of matches throughtout the rest of the year. We'll be used to it by then.:D By calculation, there will be at least 36 opportunities for us to get used to it...(one match a week starting march 6 throughout the state).

That said, look forward to meeting you all this weekend, and will enjoy learning and shooting with you all, and I hope the reverse is the same.

Skroggster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Kokomo, Indiana
    Mike, you gotta bring thick skin. There was no offense taken. As Mongo Quoted: First off I cant wait to meet you!!! Second If you affended anybody here you have accomplished a great feat sir..... The way I see it everybody here has dished it out at one time or another. Thats just the way we roll. And yes we do have fair weather shooters but thats their problem not mine..

The only problem I have with you is that you shoot a Glock! :D

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    Mike, you gotta bring thick skin. There was no offense taken. As Mongo Quoted: First off I cant wait to meet you!!! Second If you affended anybody here you have accomplished a great feat sir..... The way I see it everybody here has dished it out at one time or another. Thats just the way we roll. And yes we do have fair weather shooters but thats their problem not mine..

I didn't take any offense. I have met him before. The last line was accidentally cut off his quote. Believe me, I have very thick skin...It is called adipose tissue...:D

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN

And what do you think a M&P is?

Like my Momma always said

"Plastic is as Plastic does"

You can't can't crap on a Glock till you own a 1911 and shoot it in single stack or L10 (I will even allow CDP or ESP in IDPA), and no a 2011 does not count.

Sorry that is the rules in which is better a Glock or a 1911, look it up federal law.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    I heard that an M&P = +Glock+

All of the good, none of the ugly...

BTW, I want to shoot on Sunday with you Glockies... Put us new M&Pers in your group Hickman. Let us learn from the masters so that down the road you can think back to this day as the beginning of your downfall... :D

Last edited:

Skroggster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Kokomo, Indiana
    And what do you think a M&P is?

Like my Momma always said

"Plastic is as Plastic does"

You can't can't crap on a Glock till you own a 1911 and shoot it in single stack or L10 (I will even allow CDP or ESP in IDPA), and no a 2011 does not count.

Sorry that is the rules in which is better a Glock or a 1911, look it up federal law.

I sir do have a 2011 and classed in L10. I am currently looking at purchasing a .40 Single Stack USPSA Model. Upon getting my Tax Check I will indulge as I always do. (:poop::poop::poop:)
    But the Brazo's set me back last year along with a Dillon, MG Bullets, Powder, Primers, Match fees. The list goes on and on.

I just wanted a production gun and never like the grip angle of a Glock or an XD (which I own) But the weight and feel of the M&P is sweet.

It is all a matter of opinion. Glock is like a Camaro. ;)

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    I sir do have a 2011 and classed in L10. I am currently looking at purchasing a .40 Single Stack USPSA Model. Upon getting my Tax Check I will indulge as I always do. But the Brazo's set me back last year along with a Dillon, MG Bullets, Powder, Primers, Match fees. The list goes on and on.

;)

You want to spend some money, try 3 gun.....

Skroggster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Kokomo, Indiana
    You want to spend some money, try 3 gun.....

That was my first consideration as I grew up shooting clays and wing shooting, had an AR after coming out of the Army, then I started shooting USPSA Pistol and went DAMN!
    So...........I am now a pistol only guy as right now I can't afford to Pay Attention) :D

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I sir do have a 2011 and classed in L10. I am currently looking at purchasing a .40 Single Stack USPSA Model. Upon getting my Tax Check I will indulge as I always do. (:poop::poop::poop:)
    But the Brazo's set me back last year along with a Dillon, MG Bullets, Powder, Primers, Match fees. The list goes on and on.

I just wanted a production gun and never like the grip angle of a Glock or an XD (which I own) But the weight and feel of the M&P is sweet.

It is all a matter of opinion. Glock is like a Camaro. ;)

Alright I am a busy man here (as you can tell)

A 2011 is not a 1911 ( see 20-11, 19-11 ok got it, good)

I said that in order to be able to crap on a Glock, one must own and have shot a single stack (see a 2011 is a double stack or a wide body, follow along, look in the mag hole, see it is bigger)
    (single stack by the way = 1911, double stack or wide body = 2011)

and by shooting a single stack I said it had to be in single stack division or L10 (this is the division that we shot our single stacks in before single stack division) or I would allow CDP or ESP in IDPA.

It is great that you have shot your Edge in L10 and have gotten classified, however it doesn't count in the crap on the Glock world. Sorry. It is a federal law look it up.

Now back to the M&P, good gun, I got one (hell it is my third)

I got nothing against Glocks, (like a holster or my hand) good guns, function great, get the job done, hell I have owned 17,19,21,26,27,34. Just don't like the way they feel. Don't much care for how the M&P feels, the XD, XDm is too top heavy feeling.
    I like the H&K USP, a Beretta feels good, I really like the way a CZ feels, oh and a Hi Power, forget about it, and I even like the feel of a Sig 220 and 226 (especially the new ones with a beavertail). I like the way a Caspain wide body and a Para feel, they are ok, even the STI frame if pretty good (the metal SV frame made to feel like a CZ is damn sweet), but none of the come close to a 1911, at least not to how they feel for me.

You get a chance to shoot a real 1911, not some $400 Rock Island or a Spartan, I mean a true custom built 1911 and yes you will know what I am referring to

There is a reason that this has been around for 100 years and still going strong.

Now leave me alone I have work to ignore and delegrate to someone else

Skroggster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Kokomo, Indiana
    Alright I am a busy man here (as you can tell)

A 2011 is not a 1911 ( see 20-11, 19-11 ok got it, good)

I said that in order to be able to crap on a Glock, one must own and have shot a single stack (see a 2011 is a double stack or a wide body, follow along, look in the mag hole, see it is bigger)
    (single stack by the way = 1911, double stack or wide body = 2011)

and by shooting a single stack I said it had to be in single stack division or L10 (this is the division that we shot our single stacks in before single stack division) or I would allow CDP or ESP in IDPA.

It is great that you have shot your Edge in L10 and have gotten classified, however it doesn't count in the crap on the Glock world. Sorry. It is a federal law look it up.

Now back to the M&P, good gun, I got one (hell it is my third)

I got nothing against Glocks, (like a holster or my hand) good guns, function great, get the job done, hell I have owned 17,19,21,26,27,34. Just don't like the way they feel. Don't much care for how the M&P feels, the XD, XDm is too top heavy feeling.
    I like the H&K USP, a Beretta feels good, I really like the way a CZ feels, oh and a Hi Power, forget about it, and I even like the feel of a Sig 220 and 226 (especially the new ones with a beavertail). I like the way a Caspain wide body and a Para feel, they are ok, even the STI frame if pretty good (the metal SV frame made to feel like a CZ is damn sweet), but none of the come close to a 1911, at least not to how they feel for me.

You get a chance to shoot a real 1911, not some $400 Rock Island or a Spartan, I mean a true custom built 1911 and yes you will know what I am referring to

There is a reason that this has been around for 100 years and still going strong.

Now leave me alone I have work to ignore and delegrate to someone else

OK! I GIVE! But spell check is really needed here "Now leave me alone I have work to ignore and delegrate to someone else" :rolleyes:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I heard that an M&P = +Glock+

All of the good, none of the ugly...

BTW, I want to shoot on Sunday with you Glockies... Put us new M&Pers in your group Hickman. Let us learn from the masters so that down the road you can think back to this day as the beginning of your downfall... :D

oh ney ney, I will instruct the new Glockers, Mr Downrange gets you new M&Pers.

But keep in mind, downrange and I have only been doing this a couple of years, there are many way above us to learn from.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.

I'm starting to wise up to that fact... might even have to sell some stuff to get reloading equipment in .45ACP.

Probably why I'm shooting SS at the WVPPS Open and BITB.

Top Bottom