• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort
    I hope Mongo ordered the right weather. I am really looking forward to shooting next weekend. But I am not about to get cold and wet in Feb.
    Ill tell you just what I told Jake HTFU ya big sissy. I did put the order in, But I highley doubt that my request will be first on the list.

mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort
    Hey Mongo you still running "coach's" points option at ACC this year? Just checking....
    No Im not!! Im going to skip it this my first full year of doing this. Just want to get a good feel for how things are going to go. I want to feel out the BOD before I start making alot of changes. Dont want to step on any toes just yet!!!

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Ill tell you just what I told Jake HTFU ya big sissy. I did put the order in, But I highley doubt that my request will be first on the list.

I've got an inside line, I'll talk to my guy about that order. :):

Found some cheapo Blade tech pouches at Brownells. Should be here in time. So freakin' pumped about trying this! Don't laugh at the newb too much!
    I figured I should probably shoot production, since my M&P is bone stock.

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    No Im not!! Im going to skip it this my first full year of doing this. Just want to get a good feel for how things are going to go. I want to feel out the BOD before I start making alot of changes. Dont want to step on any toes just yet!!!

And I always thought of you as a take charge kinda guy :dunno:

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville

Found some cheapo Blade tech pouches at Brownells. Should be here in time. So freakin' pumped about trying this! Don't laugh at the newb too much!

You will be fine. Everyone has to start somewhere. Stock guns can compete contrary to the rumormill.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton

I shoot an M&P with a few modifications. You will see a lot of M&P's, Glocks, and XDM's

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    $20 for just the classifiers, does that mean $10 for just the field courses?

If ithe weather is anything like Sun morning, my fat butt will be home in bed.

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    Why would I want to spend $30, be cold and wet and know because I'm cold and wet, I'm not going to shoot particularly well and shoot 6 classifiers?

I think that scar may have done some serious damage there mister......

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    The "P" in USPSA stands for Practical right?

If so, in a practical world when do you get to say what the weather is when you may have to utilize your weapon?????

I may be new, wait, never shot in one of these matches, but I can talk smack with the best of them. I got some great instruction from Coach at the Intermediate class and I am going to get a classification on that weekend, even if it's a classification of "YOU SUCK"

I'm not going to worry about the weather shees. You all sound like a bunch of elite pansies!

:popcorn:

PS what dose the "H" stand for in HTFU, I got the TFU part.

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    Harden
    I've carried a gun for 35 years. Never even came close to a gunfight. If all you are practicing for is the "big gunfight in the sky" you are liable to be sorely disappointed in the number of gunfights you end up having.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton

If so, in a practical world when do you get to say what the weather is when you may have to utilize your weapon?????

I may be new, wait, never shot in one of these matches, but I can talk smack with the best of them. I got some great instruction from Coach at the Intermediate class and I am going to get a classification on that weekend, even if it's a classification of "YOU SUCK"

I'm not going to worry about the weather shees. You all sound like a bunch of elite pansies!

:popcorn:

PS what dose the "H" stand for in HTFU, I got the TFU part.

H=Harden.

Bill is Cranky, but we still like him. ;)

Raining and shooting at any temperature sucks. When it is cold, it sucks that much more. I hate fighting with the plastic to paste the targets :xmad:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    It's still a game Matt, nothing more. You have military gear for the real stuff ;)

I know we always said "if it ain't rainin, we ain't trainin"... but I'm not getting paid to do that anymore :D

msquared

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008

I love reading that. THE BIG DIFFERENCE IS I usually dont stand around for 5+ hours in crappy weather, for anything! So to say that I must do so to be "prepared" is BS.

I am more likely to have to use my weapon to protect myself in my bedroom at 3 AM. But you dont see many people having USPSA matches in their bedroom OR at 3AM!!! (although that could be fun)

And Bill isnt the only cranky one. I do think people like him better than me though. Must be the boots :D

Top Bottom