• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    I may have left a bit of purple out of my post....

Probably all of it except the "H" part.

But it does seem I struck a nerve! Woot let the mind games begin already. Wait till I get the paintball gun out while we are on the course like in Top Shot Reloaded!

I am so pumped about getting to shoot in my first match ever. This will be different than FNS, and I've done nothing but get better at it since my first time!

msquared

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    For those who don't know Matt, his wise-ass is gonna fit right in.

Always glad to have another one amongst us!

Sorry I will probably not get to meet you this weekend as us candy a$$es are having a convention indoors where it is warm :D

See you at the next one (weather permitting of course).

FYI
    I follow a system where it I need 2 or more of the following to be true for match attendence:
    1) local temp above 40
    2) wind speed below 40mph
    3) no precipitation
    4) im NOT in the hospital or heavily medicated due to recent hospitalization
    5) my GADM is above 25% (thats Give a Da#@ Meter)

Currently #4 is the only one I know to be true for this weekend.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    you'll have fun. The classifiers will remind you of our GSSF match, except you only shoot them once.

The two long stages will be new to you but you'll have fun.

Hit my channel and watch some vids and you will have a good idea of what goes on.

YouTube - hickmanplace's Channel

We'll make sure to squad up together, think Eric is going as well.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Unrelated thread jack...

For those fellow ACC members, where do they keep the stands/sticks these days? Before finishing the new pole barn, they used to be outside the main clubhouse.

I typically bring my own stands/sticks/steel, but there will inevitably be a time in the future where I forget.

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    The "P" in USPSA stands for Practical right?

If so, in a practical world when do you get to say what the weather is when you may have to utilize your weapon?????

I may be new, wait, never shot in one of these matches, but I can talk smack with the best of them. I got some great instruction from Coach at the Intermediate class and I am going to get a classification on that weekend, even if it's a classification of "YOU SUCK"

I'm not going to worry about the weather shees. You all sound like a bunch of elite pansies!

:popcorn:

PS what dose the "H" stand for in HTFU, I got the TFU part.

There is talking smack and then there is earning the right to talk smack......

This is a game and if looked at in any other light is well just stupid.

I plan on being there to shoot the match and help Daniel with it. I am planning on shooting Single Stack and Production,
    Unless someone wants to lend me a revolver and some ball ammo

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Unrelated thread jack...

For those fellow ACC members, where do they keep the stands/sticks these days? Before finishing the new pole barn, they used to be outside the main clubhouse.

I typically bring my own stands/sticks/steel, but there will inevitably be a time in the future where I forget.

East side of the new barn.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton

This is a game and if looked at in any other light is well just stupid.

I plan on being there to shoot the match and help Daniel with it. I am planning on shooting Single Stack and Production,
    Unless someone wants to lend me a revolver and some ball ammo

I'm going up to help to. I don't like being the guy that says he will help and then doesnt. I'll put the two days in for set up.

I don't talk smack, I'm just the smart ***. Okay, I maybe stretching the truth a little. The last time I truly talked smack to Jake was about his Bravo's in a Warsaw stage. I shot immediately after him and shot one more Bravo. Karma is a mother expletive. I made fun of Rhino for his head wound, now I have a matching one....:dunno: I'm a slow learner.

Bob might have an extra Revo for ya.

Skroggster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Kokomo, Indiana
    I think the 52 rds are for both field courses. Probably a 32 rder for sure! See you all there on Sunday!

Stage 8 (Mongo Madness) is a 32 rnd field course.

Stage 7 (1274 Alpha) is a fast 20 Rnd course.
    I will speak to Mongo tonight to see if I can post the field courses or it be a suprise.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.

I'll give anyone who's been shot at for real a pass, plus he stepped up and RO'd at the GSSF match in the summer heat, having never done it before.

Mjrducky and I have been trying to get him out to a USPSA match for a while, so I'm looking forward to kicking his ass on every stage!

I try to help in ways I can, but labor isn't an option for me anymore, probably why I try a little too hard in other areas.

Skroggster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Kokomo, Indiana
    I'll give anyone who's been shot at for real a pass, plus he stepped up and RO'd at the GSSF match in the summer heat, having never done it before.

Mjrducky and I have been trying to get him out to a USPSA match for a while, so I'm looking forward to kicking his ass on every stage!

I try to help in ways I can, but labor isn't an option for me anymore, probably why I try a little too hard in other areas.

There are a few of us who have been shot at but not earned the right to talk smack. There are not bragging rights in that.
    I may give :poop: as I expect it to be given back! Thick skin is a must in this sport. I, being in my sophmore year has much to learn but eager to get and be involved.
    Being shot at is not a pass. He is a brother of the armed forces but it is not a right of passage.
    I and others are happy to have a new member, RO, and participant of a great sport.
    Don't flex your guns until you have shot your gun.

By no means any disrespect. :rolleyes:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Is this where I get to tell stories about the old days and the kind of weather we had and still shot the matches?

No?

Okay.

I'll probably be there Sunday. I am toying with the idea of shooting my Big Boy Gun, but I'm probably too delicately constructed to manage the recoil of the .45ACP.

Skroggster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Kokomo, Indiana
    Is this where I get to tell stories about the old days and the kind of weather we had and still shot the matches?

No?

Okay.

I'll probably be there Sunday. I am toying with the idea of shooting my Big Boy Gun, but I'm probably too delicately constructed to manage the recoil of the .45ACP.

:n00b: :nopity:

Skroggster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Kokomo, Indiana
    Are you, sir, suggesting that I am not, in fact, too delicate for the mighty .45 ACP?

Maybe I'll shoot twice to compare how I do with .45 vs. 9mm.

ME? Never! I am only quoting you that you stated in class that you only shot 9mm now!

I am only stating that you pull your skirt up and shoot the Big Boy gun!

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    I'd like to say a few things here.

1. I never intended to upset anyone with the comments about the weather or being wussies.
    2. I never infered that I would be the best shot or the best person out there.
    3. Some of you have met me and shot with me and know how I am, and how much you can flip me crap.
    4. I have the upmost respect for the top level shooters in this state and I would love to only get better and be at that level one of these days.

5. I don't think my military service has any bering on this what so ever. I understand it's a sport. I being new may have gone over the line in my smack talk about the weather, however that's all it was.

So in summary, sorry if I upset anyone, I should have used the purple text and it probably wouldn't have rubbed people the wrong way.

That said, look forward to meeting you all this weekend, and will enjoy learning and shooting with you all, and I hope the reverse is the same.

Matt

Top Bottom