• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    I was kinda hoping we were going to talk about 1911s, like how the marines started carrying them again.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    The Marines carrying 1911s topic has been beaten to death. I am not really a fan of the Colt Railgun they chose. Mainly because it costs 2k+ and I can't afford one. Also it's just a Colt Railgun. It aint all that special I don't see why it costs so much. For that price I would rather have a Wilson Combat or Ed Brown. The funny thing is IT BROKE DURING THE TESTING! THE FRAME CRACKED! IT FAILED! I have no earthly idea why they chose a pistol that failed the test. This is not a knock against 1911s just Colt and thier **** poor QC as of late. My XSE is looser than a penny prostitute and cost almost 30% more than my Springfield Loaded that is tight as a drum and shoots like a laser.

Oh well anyway. I bought a new Sig Traditional Compact 1911. I'm looking forward to taking it out on Monday and getting it broke in. I've got a couple hundred .45 FMJs to run for break in then I'll clean it and start running a couple mags of some JHPs I have saved back to see which ones it likes the most. Should be a fun day. I thought about going up to BGF but I just found out they are closed on monday now. :(

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    The Marines carrying 1911s topic has been beaten to death. I am not really a fan of the Colt Railgun they chose. Mainly because it costs 2k+ and I can't afford one. Also it's just a Colt Railgun. It aint all that special I don't see why it costs so much. For that price I would rather have a Wilson Combat or Ed Brown. The funny thing is IT BROKE DURING THE TESTING! THE FRAME CRACKED! IT FAILED! I have no earthly idea why they chose a pistol that failed the test. This is not a knock against 1911s just Colt and thier **** poor QC as of late. My XSE is looser than a penny prostitute and cost almost 30% more than my Springfield Loaded that is tight as a drum and shoots like a laser.

Oh well anyway. I bought a new Sig Traditional Compact 1911. I'm looking forward to taking it out on Monday and getting it broke in. I've got a couple hundred .45 FMJs to run for break in then I'll clean it and start running a couple mags of some JHPs I have saved back to see which ones it likes the most. Should be a fun day. I thought about going up to BGF but I just found out they are closed on monday now. :(
    Oh I didn't know anyone said much about it. I just liked seeing them using a 1911 again. It'd be a good idea for colt to make better products again.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Yeah just search for Marines 1911 and you will see. There were a lot of threads pop up after it was anounced that Colt (surprise, surprise. wink, wink, nudge, nudge say no more) won the contract. Not because it was the best pistol in the contest but because Colt is willing to jump through the hoops to stroke the egos of those in charge of the check book. Remeber the .Gov will normally pick the product that has the lowest possible production costs, and not always the best tool for the job. Not that a 1911 isn't the best tool for the job personally I'm glad they are using a 1911 again. I just wish they hadn't played favorites and gave the contract to the pistol that actually passed the test. Honestly I don't even know what other pistols did pass the test just that Colt got the contract.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    I like how it's colt again, what I don't like is how the quality isn't there. I don't understand why it's so hard to make a good product.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I'm not saying that Colt makes a bad product. For John Q. Public who do not run thier pistols very hard I'm sure they will last a life time. But for the cost I would rather spend my money, and I kinda wish I had, on somthing else. And for the Marines who run thier pistols as hard as they do and absoultley need the best of the best, I just don't think Colt had the best product on the table. I could be wrong, I'm not a Marine and I don't play one on the internet either. I'm just a dumb motorcycle mechanic who has to many guns. The few Colt Custom shop guns I have had the chance to handle do seem like quality 1911s and the attention to detail is apparent. Maybe the Marine's guns are custom shop guns that are built to a higher quality than the production guns. But for anyone on the street I recomend Springfield Armory hands down over Colt.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    To be honest, I'd imagen the civilan models are simply overpriced for the people out there that will put up the money just to have a "marine colt 1911." I bet the 1911s colt makes for the marines are built much better and had whatever bugs it had in it during the testing worked out of it. Just a guess though.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    To be honest, I'd imagen the civilan models are simply overpriced for the people out there that will put up the money just to have a "marine colt 1911." I bet the 1911s colt makes for the marines are built much better and had whatever bugs it had in it during the testing worked out of it. Just a guess though.

If there was a nail, then my friend, you just hit it square on the head.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    I'm pissed. At least I'm a Soldier, where we still carry decent guns. I would rather carry a Beretta M9 than ANY 1911, and I HATE M9s.

The 1911 is a poorly designed, ill conceived, and flawed handgun.

I know the Marines aren't a bright bunch, but picking the 1911 as a sidearm was a bad move.

No, I'm not saying that just to **** off 1911 people, I genuinely HATE the 1911, and really any handgun with manual safeties, but the 1911 tops the list.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    If there was a nail, then my friend, you just hit it square on the head.
    Haha thanks, I usually have poor aim.
    Oh, CPT, tell that to the 16 million soldiers who served in WWII. Poorly designed? Whatever, there's been more soldiers who used an AMERICAN MADE 1911 then some junk they ship out of Italy or make here. John Browning knew what he was doing when he made the 1911. He designed it right considering it was used in both world wars, Korea, Vietnam, and by police officers, secret agents, security officers and is a preference for many ltch holders, just ask jetgirl. Our soldiers should use something WE make here in the United States.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    I hope I didn't **** jetgirl off, I like her :(
    I do have a tendency of unintentionally pissing women off though haha

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008