Not open for further replies.

r3126

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Indy westside
    When you can't admit that a hypothetical brother in arms should not, under any circumstance, hunt down any civilian for sport and cut off their fingers for trophies, then it shows your true character.

we can all agree on that American soldiers shouldn't hunt civilians and cut off their fingers as trophies?

I think I did...
    Yep! Yet, in our rush to judgement, it seems that this has passed from allegation to fact.

Slow down and read for content not just to see what you want to see.

Last edited:

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    I didn't realize that you expected a repudiation of such an act, but if it makes you feel better no one should "hunt" civilians and take their fingers as trophies.

At least, if not more important, no one should accept at face value and condemn anyone for "hunting" civilians and take their fingers as trophies until there is proof, through the form of a trial, that such events actually occurred. Until then they are baseless allegations and accusations initiated by an unknown accuser with unknown motives and perpetuated by an anti-American, anti-military propaganda media machine.

:yesway: And don't cut that thing off. Just kidding :laugh:.

I completely agree. We shouldn't accept, at face value, any story by any person. Facts must be presented. They are innocent until proven guilty.

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    And then all of your military buddies jump in

Just so those of you who don't know, understand....... that's how the military works.... and that's how men and women it the armed services survive.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I only come when I hear you spout off your famous "We're keeping your *** free, SO STFU!!!! HUURRRAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!" And then all of your military buddies jump in and high five you about how stupid the citizens of the United States are. Someone should speak up and say what I said to you guys, I don't care how unpopular it makes me. When you can't admit that a hypothetical brother in arms should not, under any circumstance, hunt down any civilian for sport and cut off their fingers for trophies, then it shows your true character.

Oh, only elected people can be public servants? I didn't know that. When you stop taking my money, I'll quit offering my 2 cents. They come together, they are inseparable. If you don't want to hear people complaining about your job, then stop using our money to do it and to collect your paycheck.

no one is saying hunting them down for sport and cut off their fingers is ok. but, being there is no comparrison to being here and being safe.
    no one who hasnt been there understands the stress of combat. we hear people with "public service" jobs talk about stress and danger all the time, pffft. you havent experienced real stress and danger untill you get shot at daily or you know that at anytime a bullet could make your head explode or rip a grape fruit size hole in you while your eating lunch. then when you are on patrol you worry about vbied's or ied's, or suicide bombers dressed as civilians, or who are women and children with bombs strapped to them to come and beg for food or water from you and then kill you. it gets to the point where you dont trust anyone who isnt wearing the same uniform you are, and rightly so. this is the fact of war. its not glamorous. you are in a killing field 24/7 and you know it, but to perform your duties and stay alive and keep your brothers alive you have to somehow shut it out and not think about it while constanty thinking about it. Then you have to learn to function at 200% when the adrenaline serges and you need your mind and body the most, but it only wants to function at 60% because of the natural reaction. being a soldier, sailor, marine, airman, is no easy task. Its no joke or something for show. its hard core. your one step closer to death everyday. people screw up, people make mistakes. some are never meant to see the light of day and rightly so, but some are inexcusable. If these men are found guilty then they deserve what they get. no soldier or marine here is sticking up for these acts if they are true. If anyone thinks that then you have missed the whole point of the comments.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    My point is that, any American troops, at any point in time, should never hunt down civilians for sport and cut off their fingers as trophies, but I can't get very many military guys to jump on that bandwagon with me...which is a little disturbing.

Maybe that's because most military guys are not programmed to believe that we are all evil incarnate. We wait for facts to emerge.

I remember the story of the planes that dropped bombs on an Iraqi wedding. Survivors said it was prememeditated murder. When the facts came out the wedding party were all shooting in the air, and created a flak field that the planes were unfortunately flying through at the time. Planes thought they were under fire, did what they do, and the wedding ended up not so good.

Point is, the media painted it as an unprovoked attack. Everyone was against these pilots. When the facts emerged and it was determined it was an unfortunate accident of war, the cameras were all off, the reporters all gone to tell the world about the latest war attrocities committed by our military.

So if we reserve judgment until the facts come in and that hurts you're feelings, you'll have to deal with it (I don't mean that disparagingly). I for one won't condemn anyone until they've been found guilty by a jury that's heard all the evidence. Once proven guilty, well that's a whole nuther thing.

Jay

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    While we're all in clarification mode.......

I intend, and have never meant any offense, or disrespect for anyone who has not served, or is not serving. I don't think any less of anyone for not serving, but I am guilty of thinking more of those who have served, or are serving... and that ain't likely to change. Semper Fi :patriot:

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head

I intend, and have never meant any offense, or disrespect for anyone who has not served, or is not serving. I don't think any less of anyone for not serving, but I am guilty of thinking more of those who have served, or are serving... and that ain't likely to change. Semper Fi :patriot:

I can understand that completely.

r3126

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Indy westside
    [quote
    Originally Posted by Jay

][/quote]

I wish I had said that!

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009

Well said and true to the Corps. Semper Fi & repped.

Redemption

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    In these countries, there are no civilians. There are only combatants who are not combating you at the moment. Do what you have to do over there boys, we'll keep the light on back home.
    amenw.gif

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Sorry existentialists, I don't need to eat a turd sandwich to know it tastes bad. Arguing from experience can have its valid points but not all the time.

Maybe the judges who oversee whatever trial may occur shouldn't do so unless they, too, have been accused of finger collecting? Just following your line of argument.

Jay

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Sorry existentialists, I don't need to eat a turd sandwich to know it tastes bad. Arguing from experience can have its valid points but not all the time.

Maybe the judges who oversee whatever trial may occur shouldn't do so unless they, too, have been accused of finger collecting? Just following your line of argument.

Uhhh, does "judged by a jury of one's peers" sound familiar? For me to be judged for something I did while in combat, by someone who has not been in combat, would be as unjust as any misdeed I may have committed.

Just my ("having been there", mentality)

If he/they are found guilty, punish 'em, but trying them in the court of hearsay, and tabloids, is ludicrous at best.

I don't need to eat a turd sandwich to know it tastes bad
    Then, you really don't know for sure, do you...... of course you may have abilities far beyond that of mortal man, that we're not aware of.... :dunno:

dan lenson

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Strikes me that the horror of battle would offer no excuse for collecting fingers.

We're in theater to protect those who can't protect themselves: we have willingly committed ourselves to this goal, even if though it costs us our lives.

So don't *****. And don't hedge.

Dig it.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Why are the opinions of people who have not been in a shootout of no merit? I think they should be innocent until proven guilty but my opinion isn't worthy of the mighty?:rolleyes:

No, your opinion isn't worth crap. You are spouting off at the mouth about something you are utterly unqualified to speak about. You are trying to lynch men in a combat situation that you've not had the guts face. You are smearing the reputation of men who have had to deal with situations you can not even imagine, because you haven't got a clue as to what reality is.

So, no, your opinion in this matter isn't worth the log I just crapped into the toilet.

r3126

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Indy westside
    Strikes me that the horror of battle would offer no excuse for collecting fingers.

We're in theater to protect those who can't protect themselves: we have willingly committed ourselves to this goal, even if though it costs us our lives.

So don't *****. And don't hedge.

Dig it.

Sentence 1: I think all have agreed on that.

Sentence 2: Who is we? Does that include you?

Sentence 3: ?

Sentence 4: OK?

Sentence 5: Yo dog... You surfer dude, you.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom