• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Fingers are one thing, but posing for photographs with the bodies...

well, now you've stolen their soul and that is very bad karma. :rolleyes:

Seriously, I hope it's not true and await the investigation findings.

If it is... burn 'em. :noway:

Posing with dead bodies reminds meof the scene from full metal jacket. I think I need to go watch it to lift my spirits.

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    So, did anyone else catch this...

They are in trouble for smoking "hashish", yet...

"Morlock and another soldier, Andrew Holmes, were on guard at the edge of a poppy field when Mudin emerged and stopped on the other side of a wall from the soldiers. "

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Posing with dead bodies reminds meof the scene from full metal jacket. I think I need to go watch it to lift my spirits.

yeah, pictures of dead bodies, lol. i guess its good i didnt share my photo album on facebook :laugh:

heres a person.
    heres a person blown the f*** up
    heres a person ran over by a tank
    heres aperson that got shot with an inceniary round
    heres a pile of goo that used to be a person, see his sandles :):
    heres ...... well you get the point.

who in the hell doesnt take photos????

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    So, did anyone else catch this...

They are in trouble for smoking "hashish", yet...

"Morlock and another soldier, Andrew Holmes, were on guard at the edge of a poppy field when Mudin emerged and stopped on the other side of a wall from the soldiers. "
    Poppies do have legitimate uses (poppy seed oil and others), but generally they are used for what you are alluding to - drugs and the drug trade.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Send the people who judge them over there for a couple years. Spend 6 months training them to defend themselves and kill their enemys, tell them every day where they are going and who will be trying to kill them. March them down main street like a sitting duck parade and then give them guns and turn them loose in the middle of what the whole nation has been told is war.

Then when they get back from a couple years of that they can judge some one who's been there.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I suppose if we hold military tribunals for those bringing terror upon us on our soil, then same should be afforded to our troops in Afgan's military court. What is justice for them here should be justice for us over there.

Not quite. We're holding military tribunals for civilian combatants who don't follow the Geneva Conventions or Laws of Warfare. We COULD just have shot them out-of-hand; we're not required to give them any rights or to treat them any other way than murderous criminals.

That we're interrogating them and trying them in a military court instead of executing them says something about our humanity and willingness to live by the terms we signed on for, even though we don't have to.

If these soldiers are guilty of the crimes for which they're charged, there won't be any OJ-style jury nullification to get them off.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Not quite. We're holding military tribunals for civilian combatants who don't follow the Geneva Conventions or Laws of Warfare. We COULD just have shot them out-of-hand; we're not required to give them any rights or to treat them any other way than murderous criminals.

That we're interrogating them and trying them in a military court instead of executing them says something about our humanity and willingness to live by the terms we signed on for, even though we don't have to.

If these soldiers are guilty of the crimes for which they're charged, there won't be any OJ-style jury nullification to get them off.

So collecting fingers is within the rules of the Geneva Convention?

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Or the Marines at Haditha that John Murtha hung out to dry.

Very true. I knew a couple of guys when I was in that were total kooks. They just gave off that vibe of "I'm going to climb a water tower someday".

The marines at Haditha went way over the line although Murtha was a jackass. I can't say that in a full on fire fight that I wouldn't attempt to shoot anything on the other side that moved like has happened before. However, I would hope that I would have the self control to not hurt innocent people at will like these men are accused of. That being said....if they are guilty then punish accordingly but always assume innocence until proven otherwise.

r3126

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Indy westside
    At the risk of sounding emotional.... Until you have been in the moment - adrenal gland pumping, ears ringing, confused, disoriented, your friend or friends bleeding out and dustoff 10 minutes out, you don't know how you will act, what you will do or what you will not do. So IF YOU HAVE BEEN THERE, your comments are worthy of note. If not, STFU. The men and women of our armed forces have been taking care of business for a couple of hundred years and are capable of handling this problem - if there is one. Another rush to judgement.

However, this being the etherland of the internet where everyone is a hero, a pundit and the Wonderful Wizzard Of Oz, I know that will never happen so flame away.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    The marines at Haditha went way over the line although Murtha was a jackass. I can't say that in a full on fire fight that I wouldn't attempt to shoot anything on the other side that moved like has happened before. However, I would hope that I would have the self control to not hurt innocent people at will like these men are accused of. That being said....if they are guilty then punish accordingly but always assume innocence until proven otherwise.

And what exactly is your evidence that the Marines at Haditha went "way over the line"? They were tried and found not guilty. How exactly is that way over any line? Because someone uttered the words and they were reported by the lame brain media, they must be true?

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    And what exactly is your evidence that the Marines at Haditha went "way over the line"? They were tried and found not guilty. How exactly is that way over any line? Because someone uttered the words and they were reported by the lame brain media, they must be true?

The charges were dropped and immunity granted for help in the investigation. Then the judged dismissed the charges on the other marine for the screwed up investigation. Apparently the investigators are not very good at their job or much like indy metro they conveniently screw up so that charges are dropped and people save face.

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    At the risk of sounding emotional.... Until you have been in the moment - adrenal gland pumping, ears ringing, confused, disoriented, your friend or friends bleeding out and dustoff 10 minutes out, you don't know how you will act, what you will do or what you will not do. So IF YOU HAVE BEEN THERE, your comments are worthy of note. If not, STFU. The men and women of our armed forces have been taking care of business for a couple of hundred years and are capable of handling this problem - if there is one. Another rush to judgement.

However, this being the etherland of the internet where everyone is a hero, a pundit and the Wonderful Wizzard Of Oz, I know that will never happen so flame away.

That ^ pretty well says it........ Repped

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Why are the opinions of people who have not been in a shootout of no merit? I think they should be innocent until proven guilty but my opinion isn't worthy of the mighty?:rolleyes:

You said it your self...^... if you haven't been there, you're guessing, or parroting someone else.

Deal with it :patriot:

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    You said it your self.... if you haven't been there, you're guessing, or parroting someone else.

Deal with it :patriot:

Wow...you were there? Tell me what happened in this case then please so we have the facts. If you were not there when this happened then you have no better insight on THIS event then anyone else. Deal with it.

However, you may have been in a shooting situation which I have not and I can't tell you at all what that is like and IF you have then you are for more advanced than me in that situation.:patriot:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom