• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I loath the "broad brush" but it seems to NEVER die around here even though "we" as gun owners demand that same consideration from the world.

reno

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Indiana
    THey simply should have stayed in AFrica. Take the treatment to them, but keep them off the shores here. Let's see, just how long ago was it that the CDC had a problem infecting their own employees with ANTHRAX? Wasn't that in a controlled environment that went wrong? DUH!!!!

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    attachment.php

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Just remember, this is the same government who thought they could properly manage the health care system in this country. What does that tee shirt say?

In fairness - and I DO get your point - I would rather that they work with this under these conditions... I would rather that we used our best controls, under tight scrutiny , for a situation with only a couple of people. And they are OUR people. That is clearly what we are doing in this case. It makes scientific sense to me. Then if (God forbid) we are thrown into an emergency by biological weapons, human stupidity, etc. we will KNOW that the setup works. Controlled conditions make sense.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    While I am one of "those guys" that doesn't welcome seeing Ebola come here. I don't wish the guy death or any kind of harm. I hope they recovers and they can learn something from this experiment. And I pray there are no "I told you so' moments while they handle these people.

And I think it's pretty sad when you can have am opinion different then others. And FWIW I am not totally 100% evil. I made a "sizable" donation to Samaritan's Purse. I hope the rest of you keyboard warriors put your wallet where your keyboard was. I put more then keyboard strokes in to this arguement.

I have no more comments on this thread.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Step away from INGO for the weekend....and I come back to this.

I think several people on INGO may be at risk because they're already displaying signs of being b@tsh!t insane.

Ebola has been identified in the U.S. several times in the past and has never led to a human outbreak.

As for this physician- I don't see anyone asking for pity, but a little human decency would be nice. If anyone wants to live their life for maximum personal convenience and safety, never risking anything for another human being, have at it. Sounds like a trite and meaningless life to me. But have fun.

Force10

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2014
    Franklin County
    Whew, after three pages of ill-informed venting (borderline rage) I was happy to see some common sense from hoosierdoc and a couple others.

Has anyone else read The Hot Zone? Ebola was identified in the US years ago, though it wasn't transmitted to humans.

Lack of information or misinformation is the root of fear.

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    HIV = Africa........Ebola = Africa.

Always seems to be a pattern doesn't it? Wouldn't it be nice if all of a sudden a bunch of cases of wealth and prosperity came out of that :poop: Hole?

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    HIV = Africa........Ebola = Africa.

Always seems to be a pattern doesn't it? Wouldn't it be nice if all of a sudden a bunch of cases of wealth and prosperity came out of that :poop: Hole?
    The origins of modern humans isn't good enough for ya'?
    </sarcasm>
    Africa is most certainly of case of the "haves" and the "have-nots". Oil, diamonds, and gold make a LOT of folks really, really rich. Unfortunately, they use that wealth and its accompanying power to keep everyone else really, really poor.

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    And they are OUR people.

And they knew what they were doing when they went over there, didn't they? They thought they had the situation under control. They didn't. Now as a result others have to be put at risk. And if the risk is so minimal, how did they get it in the first place? I'm all for getting them good treatment. I'm just not for them getting it here. Every time this government of ours thinks they have something "under control" bad things start happening. It doesn't seem to matter if it's social, economic, or medical. Lately, under our current leadership, they have the means to screw it up. We used to be able to put people on the Moon. Times change.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom