• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    It's been a few years since I've been to the range, I don't recall anybody asking for my drivers license.

They do at Atterbury

Every indoor range I have been to they "confiscate" your ID and clip it to the board in the corresponding lane marker, and you get it back when you check out. Except for Pop Guns, but I havent been there for years. (good riddance)

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    So when you check in at a range and they want your driver's license, what's your feeling on that?
    Since a DL is an approved form of ID I don't have a problem with it. From what I remember bars and liquor stores ask for your identification too. My problem is when they single me out because of what I'm shooting and the need to show ownership. If they required everyone there to prove they could possess the firearm they are shooting it would be a different matter. But since they are enforcing an unwritten rule it's hard to give them money.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Every indoor range I have been to they "confiscate" your ID and clip it to the board in the corresponding lane marker, and you get it back when you check out. Except for Pop Guns, but I havent been there for years. (good riddance)

I often shoot at Openrange Sports in Crestwood KY. On your first visit they ask for your DL and have you agree to a waiver, and that goes in their database. Minors have to have written parental permission and a waiver signed by parent or guardian. On subsequent visits they don't ask for your DL unless you're renting guns. Then they keep it until you give back their guns.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    I was shooting at Sugar Ridge just before Christmas and the nice lady in the DNR truck just checked to make sure my range card was filled out.

She did the same just before New Years, do you suppose she is stalking me? :shady:

ddb40

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    Brazil
    Make the Drive to Brazil Indiana and come shoot your NFA weapons. As Long as you properly complete / pay on the calendar year Range Release, conduct yourself SAFELY, Control the muzzle rise, Keep your impacts on the berm, & clean up after yourself.... You'll get NO Hassle from the Owner about your weapon (NFA or Otherwise). You've earned the right to shoot that NFA weapon by paying dearly for it, being background checked upon it, and withstanding its cost of operation. I've got NO PROBLEM with you on my Range as long as you --- BE SAFE and CLEAN UP.

Check out the place ... proteq.us ....

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Make the Drive to Brazil Indiana and come shoot your NFA weapons. As Long as you properly complete / pay on the calendar year Range Release, conduct yourself SAFELY, Control the muzzle rise, Keep your impacts on the berm, & clean up after yourself.... You'll get NO Hassle from the Owner about your weapon (NFA or Otherwise). You've earned the right to shoot that NFA weapon by paying dearly for it, being background checked upon it, and withstanding its cost of operation. I've got NO PROBLEM with you on my Range as long as you --- BE SAFE and CLEAN UP.

Check out the place ... proteq.us ....

I fully agree. It's a great place to shoot.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Just shaking my head here. If it isn't written down, they're essentially making it up as they go along.

As a policy wonk and former auditor, if it isn't written down, it isn't a "policy." A new manager can come in and, bingo, the "policy" suddenly changes.

It may be their practice, but "policy" it is not. Pretty unprofessional of Point Blank. Granted, their place, they can have their rules - but if they're that important (i.e. the rules), then WRITE THEM DOWN.

Top Bottom