• ...and so much more!
  • BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Actually you aren't playing. Post up your returns. Then you're playing. Otherwise, you're just talking.

And thats different.
    Now yer talkin. We are either dealing with a LNL level troll or someone not interested in being right, but for darn sure not wrong. There is a distinction.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Actually you aren't playing. Post up your returns. Then you're playing. Otherwise, you're just talking.

And thats different.
    Difference between paranoia and true private information. I think I've already pointed that out. Let's play price is right. You have 200 on your form 4. How much do I have on my tax returns?

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    And if it's their policy as of 5 seconds ago, it's their policy. Cry about protecting "personal info" but be fine with providing more detailed "personal info". Stand by your convictions and tell the range to pound sand about your DL and shorten the line for those of us that don't care.
    I'm sure Point Blank really appreciates your suggestion here that fewer people patronize them. You truly are doing heaven's work here!

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Difference between paranoia and true private information. I think I've already pointed that out. Let's play price is right. You have 200 on your form 4. How much do I have on my tax returns?

I want to play the first game you started before we move on to another.

Post it up. Its my policy.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    You still going on about that? At an indoor range, one wouldn't be astonished that they won't let you shoot prone. Or throw clays down range. Telling you they have to see your stamps. Yeah. That'd be astonishing. Maybe you should try to find some better equivalencies.

But really, why do you give so many ****s that other people don't agree with you. That burr up yer ass must really itch. I ain't scratching it.
    And on this beautiful piece of anti-logic, I'm out. Enjoy your tinfoil hats. I'm just pointing out the hipocracy of complaining about "private information" and "unpublished rules". Everyone is okay with the unpublished rule that they understand, and providing way more personal info just to check-in to the range than any form 4 contains.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    And on this beautiful piece of anti-logic, I'm out. Enjoy your tinfoil hats. I'm just pointing out the hipocracy of complaining about "private information" and "unpublished rules". Everyone is okay with the unpublished rule that they understand, and providing way more personal info just to check-in to the range than any form 4 contains.

Oh, but wait. Before you go, don't you want to try to equate some other obvious violation of unwritten rules? Surely you can think of more.

Oh, and possibly you might check the definition of hypocrisy. You're using it wrong. No one is pretending that they're not okay with unpublished rules, but are really secretly okay with them.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    You check in before you pay them... If they want ID before entering the contract, that is one thing... But don't let that get in your way here. Keep making sure fewer people patronize them. Heaven's work indeed!

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    @Fargo,

Now that their policy is published, does that change your personal analysis of whether to go?

@ any others who now decline to go to PB,

Most gun owners don't have NFA items, so should regular people who want to shoot at the range feel some compulsion not to go? I mean, this policy doesn't impact their lives at all. INGO still confuses me sometimes.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    @Fargo,

Now that their policy is published, does that change your personal analysis of whether to go?

Most gun owners don't have NFA items, so should regular people who want to shoot at the range feel some compulsion not to go? I mean, this policy doesn't impact their lives at all. INGO still confuses me sometimes.

No, it hasn't changed my analysis. They still had a hidden policy that they then enforced after taking people's money. They apparently have been doing so for quite some time according to their employee Crisper's posts about it from a few months ago in the threads linked above. I consider that at best an unethical business practice. They only backtracked when it got them negative publicity because they tried to push a cop around.

There are way too many other options out there to patronize a business who thinks that sort of thing is ok. Nevermind that I don't show my tax returns to joe blow behind the gunshop counter without a damn good reason.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    @Fargo,

It wouldn't change my outlook. Jackasses are going to jackass. Just because the issue at hand is NFA stamps and I am a non-NFA person at least for the present time, that doesn't mean that it isn't a fair representation of their general attitude, and I don't like it.

As for publishing versus not publishing their policies, that removes one layer of unacceptability, but that removed layer is not sufficient to fundamentally alter the substance beneath it. From a different angle, it would allow me to choose not to go without ever getting out of my chair rather than arriving, paying, and getting blindsided with sh*t. That said, if they are that way about one issue, who is to say that they might not make up on the spot any number of 'laws' which turn into policies when you push back at them, but they still insist on changing the terms from what you paid for into something else. If they don't live up to what they claim this time, and the response is to belatedly update their advertised policies, they are not the type of people I would deal with. It isn't just what they did in this situation, it's who they are.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    @Fargo,

Sounds too much like the manager is a douchebag. I don't live in the area but I'd probably tend to avoid douchey businesses.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    @Fargo,

If the RO/Manager are douche bags why would I want to spend time/money there. I do not like self-important RO's especially X police chiefs that "Know" the law.
    No time in my life for that.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Sounds too much like the manager is a douchebag. I don't live in the area but I'd probably tend to avoid douchey businesses.

I do not know their corporate structure, but it sounds like at least one manager tried to make it right.

Just seems to me that those who will decline to go were unlikely to go in the first place (VUPD excluded, clearly). Those that enjoy the place will continue to do so.

Different strokes for different folks.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I do not know their corporate structure, but it sounds like at least one manager tried to make it right.

Just seems to me that those who will decline to go were unlikely to go in the first place (VUPD excluded, clearly). Those that enjoy the place will continue to do so.

Actually, I had noticed their billboard on the way to Jeffersonville the other day and had tentatively penciled it in on my bucket list. Well, things penciled in can very easily be erased, and are!

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    And if it's their policy as of 5 seconds ago, it's their policy. Cry about protecting "personal info" but be fine with providing more detailed "personal info". Stand by your convictions and tell the range to pound sand about your DL and shorten the line for those of us that don't care.

5 seconds ago we made it a rule to provide anyone who deems it necessary, your personal info without a warrant. Anyone viewing the site wants your personal registration info, post or infraction history (including trashed posts)? No problem, just ask. absolutley no need for a rules update or public notification.

Last edited:

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009

I live 10-15 mins from a Point Blank. I did not plan to use their range but I did intend to drop in and see if they had any guns I couldn't live without as well as some .38 dpx ammo. That ship has now sailed.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I don't live there. I'm trying to judge what I'd do if I had the same experience VUPD. I could probably forgive the policy not being posted if they'd have offered to make it right and made sure an important detail like that is posted. But threatening to call the cops is just unacceptable. Any business that threatens to call the cops on patrons who aren't breaking any laws is just not going to get my business.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    When they said they'd call the law, did it go like this?

[video=youtube;wvJiYrRcfQo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvJiYrRcfQo[/video]

Top Bottom