• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    My last 5 years returns actually do contain private information and SSN numbers, salary, sources of income, etc. The ATF form 4 does not. But I'll play. Your DL can be utilized to forward an identity theft, and form 4 really can't. So which one should you be more protective of?

If it's none of their business, then it doesn't matter what type of info is on there.
    None of their business with sensitive information is none of their business.
    None of their business with non-sensitive information is none of their business.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    My last 5 years returns actually do contain private information and SSN numbers, salary, sources of income, etc. The ATF form 4 does not. But I'll play. Your DL can be utilized to forward an identity theft, and form 4 really can't. So which one should you be more protective of?
    Form 4 (unless a trust) has the owners name, address, serial number and manufacturer. Also has previous owners info. Clone class 3 firearms are not unknown. The book Machine Gun Dealers Bible (Dan Shea) has some interesting stories about this. This is roughly equivalent to people posting picture of their "arsenal" followed by their name and address.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Form 4 (unless a trust) has the owners name, address, serial number and manufacturer. Also has previous owners info. Clone class 3 firearms are not unknown. The book Machine Gun Dealers Bible (Dan Shea) has some interesting stories about this. This is roughly equivalent to people posting picture of their "arsenal" followed by their name and address.

Is that something like a Quick Reference Guide to Burglary?

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Here's a couple of threads that include PB's stand on NFA items as posted by their local shill Crispy and the general population.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...blank-range-rules-question-2.html#post6204803

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...sion/394557-point-blank-greenwood-hiring.html This thread has a lot of other conversation about the "quality" of the employees and what to expect for what they pay.
    I'll never shoot at PB as long as they think they are above the law in demanding to see tax stamps and forms.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    If it's none of their business, then it doesn't matter what type of info is on there.
    None of their business with sensitive information is none of their business.
    None of their business with non-sensitive information is none of their business.
    And if it's their policy as of 5 seconds ago, it's their policy. Cry about protecting "personal info" but be fine with providing more detailed "personal info". Stand by your convictions and tell the range to pound sand about your DL and shorten the line for those of us that don't care.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    And if it's their policy as of 5 seconds ago, it's their policy. Cry about protecting "personal info" but be fine with providing more detailed "personal info". Stand by your convictions and tell the range to pound sand about your DL and shorten the line for those of us that don't care.
    Don't worry, after the way they treated VUPD I won't be lengthening their lines or purchasing from them.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

Not so fast. If it's their policy as of 5 seconds before accepting his money and signed agreement, you are on to something. Otherwise, they are engaging in unacceptable conduct attempting to unilaterally change an agreement which, once again, has already been signed and paid.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Not so fast. If it's their policy as of 5 seconds before accepting his money and signed agreement, you are on to something. Otherwise, they are engaging in unacceptable conduct attempting to unilaterally change an agreement which, once again, has already been signed and paid.
    And again, I say, there are no rules published against shooting prone or throwing clays down range. Want to test either of those?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

I do stand by my convictions, thank you.

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis

Actually you aren't playing. Post up your returns. Then you're playing. Otherwise, you're just talking.

And thats different.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    And again, I say, there are no rules published against shooting prone or throwing clays down range. Want to test either of those?

You still going on about that? At an indoor range, one wouldn't be astonished that they won't let you shoot prone. Or throw clays down range. Telling you they have to see your stamps. Yeah. That'd be astonishing. Maybe you should try to find some better equivalencies.

But really, why do you give so many ****s that other people don't agree with you. That burr up yer ass must really itch. I ain't scratching it.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    You still going on about that? At an indoor range, one wouldn't be astonished that they won't let you shoot prone. Or throw clays down range. Telling you they have to see your stamps. Yeah. That'd be astonishing. Maybe you should try to find some better equivalencies.

But really, why do you give so many ****s that other people don't agree with you. That burr up yer ass must really itch. I ain't scratching it.

:yesway:

Top Bottom