• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Of course they didn’t. Profit over customer service always. It’s the corporate way. Executives care about profitability, not survivability. Someone else can drag a company out of the ashes.
    If it was that bad of a disaster they'd have seen a sales decline. That didn't happen. And AFM can be easily disabled.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    If it was that bad of a disaster they'd have seen a sales decline. That didn't happen. And AFM can be easily disabled.
    To correctly disable requires opening the engine and replacing the lifters of those 4 cylinders and reprogramming the ecu. Last I looked it was a 4K investment. Most buyers have no idea what AFM is. I had friends asking why I moved away from my sierra to a taco. I explained the issue with afm to them and they all have given me the deer look. They are not automotive stupid. Ecoboost is no better from ford. Lots of uninformed buyers out there

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    To correctly disable requires opening the engine and replacing the lifters of those 4 cylinders and reprogramming the ecu. Last I looked it was a 4K investment. Most buyers have no idea what AFM is. I had friends asking why I moved away from my sierra to a taco. I explained the issue with afm to them and they all have given me the deer look. They are not automotive stupid. Ecoboost is no better from ford. Lots of uninformed buyers out there
    To fully remove it, yes. To disable it, it's about $50 to buy the device that plugs into your OBD2 port.

My Ram has MDS and I'm not worried about it. I had two Eco's and they were fine, as are most of them. If they weren't, Ford wouldn't be selling as many trucks as they do...

Sierra to a Tacoma is interesting, the Taco is a much smaller truck. I've never considered a compact, my FIL looked at a Taco and said it was too small. He ended up in a F150 for not much more $$$.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    To fully remove it, yes. To disable it, it's about $50 to buy the device that plugs into your OBD2 port.

My Ram has MDS and I'm not worried about it. I had two Eco's and they were fine, as are most of them. If they weren't, Ford wouldn't be selling as many trucks as they do...

Sierra to a Tacoma is interesting, the Taco is a much smaller truck. I've never considered a compact, my FIL looked at a Taco and said it was too small. He ended up in a F150 for not much more $$$.
    I bought a Tundra. Went from a bought new 2002 Sierra extended cab xlt to a 21 Tundra crewcab. Ride is nice, firmer seats are a plus. Love the get up and go of the 5.7 but will have to get used to the mileage. It will be a solid truck to pull my 21 ft. Enclosed snowmobile trailer.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    I bought a Tundra. Went from a bought new 2002 Sierra extended cab xlt to a 21 Tundra crewcab. Ride is nice, firmer seats are a plus. Love the get up and go of the 5.7 but will have to get used to the mileage. It will be a solid truck to pull my 21 ft. Enclosed snowmobile trailer.
    Sorry, I read Taco as Tacoma.

2002 anything to a 2021 will be quite the step up! Enjoy the new truck, sounds like she'll serve you well.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Did I say that or you?

UAW

UAW

UAW

Not UAW

UAW(made by Dana Corp for Toyota)

Not UAW

Sure, some just made more bad ones than others, some took responsibilities, some didn't.
    You did.
    Discussion was about problems with vehicles from all manufactures and YOU decided it was the UAW's fault and the people on the floor working and making a living are somehow responsible for all the problems that manufactures have.:dunno:

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    You did.
    Discussion was about problems with vehicles from all manufactures and YOU decided it was the UAW's fault and the people on the floor working and making a living are somehow responsible for all the problems that manufactures have.:dunno:
    I just toured the Ford Rogue complex a few weeks ago.

That UAW guy putting the headliner or seat in those F150s isn't the root cause of problems...

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Did the UAW go all out and say they endorse the Harris campaign?

Top Bottom